If no season, do Vols benefit?

No one benefits from no season. Budget shortfalls everywhere and a lot of the kids will just move on with their lives and not return. Goes for all schools everywhere. We'll have to eventually learn to live with this deal because it's not going anywhere. This new normal is not normal..

Needs to be a personal decision if people do not want to participate, but I definitely think its more positive than negative for our country and sports to begin operating on a more normal level sooner than later. Asking kids to basically throw away a year of their lives could be detrimental to the whole system. Thinking they need to make this work if anyway possible.

I know we all WANT a football season but just hypothetically, what are your thoughts on this?

Personally, I think teams like us with a newer head coach can benefit greatly from it if played right. It lengthens the timeframe they can use to say "we are building something here" without possible negative results to contradict it. It helps last season's late surge become a focal point to where we are headed. I understand with the right coach the results will come and thus the recruits, but Pruitt is new to head coaching and this would give him a golden opportunity to have his next game be 100% his selected roster. I think he would thrive in that kind of opportunity.
No...we need progress. And Pruitt ain’t “new” anymore.

Reactions: hog88
I know we all WANT a football season but just hypothetically, what are your thoughts on this?

Personally, I think teams like us with a newer head coach can benefit greatly from it if played right. It lengthens the timeframe they can use to say "we are building something here" without possible negative results to contradict it. It helps last season's late surge become a focal point to where we are headed. I understand with the right coach the results will come and thus the recruits, but Pruitt is new to head coaching and this would give him a golden opportunity to have his next game be 100% his selected roster. I think he would thrive in that kind of opportunity.

Nobody benefits for the season not being played.

So we get to talk about how good we'll be next season and the next season? I believe In the long haul sports will lose attendance and people will find other activities. It's going to be a long time before we see the excitement return.

So we get to talk about how good we'll be next season and the next season? I believe In the long haul sports will lose attendance and people will find other activities. It's going to be a long time before we see the excitement return.

Non revenue sports might be a thing of the past. DII and DIII sports may not survive a season without football.

Trey Smith and Brandon Kennedy are gone after this season whether it happens or not. Along with every other senior. I don't want anyone getting sick but aside from that there is zero upside to a shortened or vacated season.

They don't add up to this type of reaction. That's what we do in this country though, overreact. Mostly because the idiot box keeps reporting new cases after ramping up testing to over 700k a day. Yeah they knew what they were doing. We all fell for it too. When they said you'd kill granny and your kids that changed the game. The true numbers will never be known either. False positives and counting falling off a cliff as a COVID death make that pretty much impossible..
My sisters friend and her mother scheduled an appointment to be checked, on the day of the appointment their was a line out the door waiting for the same thing. They waited a while but eventually gave up, 4 days later they received a letter stating they were tested Positive for the Beer Bug..... now, someone tell me we aren't being lied to

The problem the athletic programs will be facing very quickly, if the season is scrubbed, will be financial. A program like UT that has been spending 98% of its revenue and without large reserves will not be able to sustain their budget very long. This will immediately affect other sports supported by football. It will all be about reserves once the stop button is pushed.

Reactions: tbwhhs
That's what the FEDEX Classic just announced yesterday. Will play in late July with no fans. Of course, the golfers aren't hitting each other and ending up in a pile after every play. More to consider for football. Went to the tournament last year and every hole was similar to sitting in Neyland. Fans packed shoulder to shoulder and the PGA Tour isn't letting it happen yet. Football may end up in the same place to at least capture the TV money IF they can get past the player safety issue and the liability question.

It was a great golf tournament. Best crowd ever.

Personally, if I am to be “locked down” I sure could use college football to keep me indoors and sane.

I may not survive otherwise...,

I love college football in general, and UT football in particular, but it would be best if there is no college football this season.

College athletics have become consumed by politics. Some players even refusing to play.

Then add in the Kung Flu virus where every football team will have players testing positive for the virus, and the entire season would be an utter disaster.

Wait one year and hope things return to some semblance of normalcy.

VN Store

Back