If no season, do Vols benefit?

College age kids are going to get Corona regardless of no sports. Having no sports is kinda stupid.

No football would devastate the AD financially. It wouldn’t be beneficial at all.

This. Cancelling the season would financially devastate everyone involved in college football, and universities in general.

It would also cause legal headaches that would take years to untangle. Think about that CBS contract set to run out... They could sue for another season or the SEC could sue them for an unpaid season.

College football would come back, but it would take years to rebuild it he infrastructure.

Reactions: tbwhhs
No one benefits it’s obvious there will be no College or HS sports anywhere this Fall. More than likely no school. The effects this will have on young school age kids in this country will be seen and felt for many years. Not to mention the burden on working parents!

Lots of wives will benefit. Children too. More time spent with Hubby and dad. Buy a tent and go camping. The best experience a family can have.

Reactions: kcvols1
Lots of wives will benefit. Children too. More time spent with Hubby and dad. Buy a tent and go camping. The best experience a family can have.
I’d be out of a job since the business I work for is dependent on college football and advertising. so quality time would be spent trying to find work to feed the family.

Reactions: DuckinVol
It was a great golf tournament. Best crowd ever.
Yes it was. Been going to the FEDEX St Jude since 1977 and last year’s was the most electric ever. Hate this one won’t have fans but it is what it is. No sense whining about it.

This. Cancelling the season would financially devastate everyone involved in college football, and universities in general.

It would also cause legal headaches that would take years to untangle. Think about that CBS contract set to run out... They could sue for another season or the SEC could sue them for an unpaid season.

College football would come back, but it would take years to rebuild it he infrastructure.
I’m not sure but I’ll bet there are Force Majeure clauses in all these contracts that allow them to be cancelled. I believe I already read about one that’s been invoked already.

4 weeks ago i thought we might have a shot at the football season, no way we play this year without vaccine, now if we get a vaccine by the spring then we will play a spring season, better than no football, we just got to hang in there till the 21 season, by the way we are recruiting i think by the fall of 21 we can compete for the East.

The pair he mentioned will be in the NFL.
Smith may well go to the NFL after passing on it this year, but Mays does not know for sure that he would be allowed to play this year after transferring, so one would assume he has considered the chance he would not play this year and is prepared to stay next year. At least, this what I would think, but of course that is up to him. GBO.

Worldwide we have 12 million people that's contracted the beer bug, of those 554k have died, and almost 8 million has recovered from it.

In the same length of time this year we we lost worldwide 520k to malaria.... yet we are completely changing our lives and how the world works due to the beer bug?!

Oh: almost 23 million abortions since January 1st........ I've said it before and I will say it again.... the numbers do not add up

Info. from worldometer.com

WOW, apples to oranges. True there are many deaths due to malaria, but very few of those are in the US, so an issue that needs attention, but not one that affects our population or can be affected by our everyday activity. Further, abortions aren't generally disease related, different issue. There are clear facts that wearing masks significantly reduces the number of people who get the virus, helps keep people from spreading the virus. Maybe they make one little less comfortable but not difficult to wear, so wear it and MAYBE we can have football. Can't blame any player, or player's parents/guardians who don't want to take a chance of getting the virus, or schools trying to take some steps to protect students, they have to do what they think is best based on the information available. Biggest problem at this time, it is getting worse and there doesn't apper to be any end in sight. Hoping for football this fall, but getting less optimistic about that.

We can not blame them. This is an act of Nature. Pandemics have happened around the World for eons and will continue to happen in the future.
Not the Chinese people, but we CAN blame the Chinese government, as there is clear evidence they covered up the virus and its effects for more than a month. They hurt their own people and the rest of the world by their actions, and the world needs to find a way to penalize their government for that. Please check the following link.:
EXCLUSIVE: Chinese virologist accuses Beijing of coronavirus cover-up, flees Hong Kong: 'I know how they treat whistleblowers'

EDIT: My apologies for putting a political post in this football forum, it's just very annoying that we are suffering because of another governments actions. I will try to refrain from the political comments. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volz4lif3
WOW, apples to oranges. True there are many deaths due to malaria, but very few of those are in the US, so an issue that needs attention, but not one that affects our population or can be affected by our everyday activity. Further, abortions aren't generally disease related, different issue. There are clear facts that wearing masks significantly reduces the number of people who get the virus, helps keep people from spreading the virus. Maybe they make one little less comfortable but not difficult to wear, so wear it and MAYBE we can have football. Can't blame any player, or player's parents/guardians who don't want to take a chance of getting the virus, or schools trying to take some steps to protect students, they have to do what they think is best based on the information available. Biggest problem at this time, it is getting worse and there doesn't apper to be any end in sight. Hoping for football this fall, but getting less optimistic about that.
Seriously dude..... you need your wool groomed. 22-23 million is ridiculous.... and it should not even Be a discussion. I will give another example if it helps ya.... 2 million deaths to tobacco..... but I guess that doesn't count because this is America.

And you Obviously didn't read my second post.....

Ok, thread got off topic quick. Not having football would be bad for the student athletes who want to get to the NFL and the coaches. Not just the fans.

As far as the rest, COVID hospitalizations is what you look at and that is getting much worse. Oddly enough I don’t see hospitalizations rising in the US for Malaria or other diseases....

People can’t make stuff up to defends this by more testing.Florida for instance is doing its best to do less testing, but still has more cases. Look at hospitalizations first, when those rise it means things are getting worse.

The difference with other diseases like malaria is there are treatments available. There isn’t one yet for COVID widely available that will prevent hospitalizations. Not getting in politics but Hydroxychloroquine is not a treatment. The last study people might cite in defending Trump also consisted of using steroids. The steroids actually work for the critically ill and it is saving lives.

There isn’t a treatment yet to help keep people out of the hospital and once that happens, every thing will reopen and all of this goes away.

I am optimistic that schools and football will start in the fall. I just wish people would focus on what is needed to do this safely and focus on that and not the politics of this. Very bizarre in this country we can come together to have a plan and finance it that’s gets our kids back in school and helps people feel safe doing it.

I’d be out of a job since the business I work for is dependent on college football and advertising. so quality time would be spent trying to find work to feed the family.
I respect that, better start the old thinking outside the box. Not being mean, but covid is not going away. Colleges cant open up football bc we believe in suing anything that hurts our feelings. So until a means to minimize risk if adhered to or a drug is out then people not gonna have much going on.

And you Obviously didn't read my second post.....
Correct, my apologies, I did not see your second post. I am not clear how abortions connect to diseases or playing football. Anyway, while I have seen some indications that there may be a few that are improperly counted, this number of overcounts is fairly low, under 5%. I am a realist, and I believe this is a very serious illness that kills a lot of people and gives others lasting issues, and any deaths that can be prevented is a good thing. There is clear evidence that it spreads quickly in crowded places like bars and such. I know how crowded concourses can get at games, and this is an area where this type of disease spreads easily. This is the kind of issue the University has to deal with.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back