If no season, do Vols benefit?

jcvols24

I know we all WANT a football season but just hypothetically, what are your thoughts on this?

Personally, I think teams like us with a newer head coach can benefit greatly from it if played right. It lengthens the timeframe they can use to say "we are building something here" without possible negative results to contradict it. It helps last season's late surge become a focal point to where we are headed. I understand with the right coach the results will come and thus the recruits, but Pruitt is new to head coaching and this would give him a golden opportunity to have his next game be 100% his selected roster. I think he would thrive in that kind of opportunity.

No one benefits it’s obvious there will be no College or HS sports anywhere this Fall. More than likely no school. The effects this will have on young school age kids in this country will be seen and felt for many years. Not to mention the burden on working parents!

Absolutely not , we lose all kinds of upperclassmen and the younger guys have barely played. We would go into 21 very very green. As mayes and trey smith woudl be gone

Reactions: onevol74
No one benefits it’s obvious there will be no College or HS sports anywhere this Fall. More than likely no school. The effects this will have on young school age kids in this country will be seen and felt for many years. Not to mention the burden on working parents!

That would be the most disastrous, stupid mistake that our "officials" could ever make. Send the kids to school.

I know we all WANT a football season but just hypothetically, what are your thoughts on this?

Personally, I think teams like us with a newer head coach can benefit greatly from it if played right. It lengthens the timeframe they can use to say "we are building something here" without possible negative results to contradict it. It helps last season's late surge become a focal point to where we are headed. I understand with the right coach the results will come and thus the recruits, but Pruitt is new to head coaching and this would give him a golden opportunity to have his next game be 100% his selected roster. I think he would thrive in that kind of opportunity.
We don’t benefit because we lose an amazing offensive line.

No football would devastate the AD financially. It wouldn’t be beneficial at all.

No football would devastate the AD financially. It wouldn’t be beneficial at all.
They can play in an empty stadium like the soccer people are in Europe..pump in crowd noise through the speakers and you get...a really weird experience..but you can watch football.

Reactions: HalfullVol
The NCAA would have no choice but to grant another year of eligibility to seniors.

The fly in the ointment is the NFL. They won't do a damned thing to work with the NCAA. Kids good enough won't take a RS to have another year of "college experience". They'll cut bait and move on to the NFL.

Reactions: BigOrange8513
The NCAA would have no choice but to grant another year of eligibility to seniors.
If you do that and expand the roster limit to still allow schools to sign an incoming class in the spring, that adds additional scholarships to pay for the year after all revenue is lost. Financially some schools may not be able to do that.

My prediction is that there will be no college or high school football. The NFL might be able to pull it off in a very controlled environment. Students will return to college campuses but will probably be sent back home within a month once outbreaks crop up, which there will be. Life as we know it until a vaccine is widely available

Reactions: Catbone

That, and maybe people forget that we stunk for the past decade and are still historically top 10 program.

They can play in an empty stadium like the soccer people are in Europe..pump in crowd noise through the speakers and you get...a really weird experience..but you can watch football.
That's what the FEDEX Classic just announced yesterday. Will play in late July with no fans. Of course, the golfers aren't hitting each other and ending up in a pile after every play. More to consider for football. Went to the tournament last year and every hole was similar to sitting in Neyland. Fans packed shoulder to shoulder and the PGA Tour isn't letting it happen yet. Football may end up in the same place to at least capture the TV money IF they can get past the player safety issue and the liability question.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Worldwide we have 12 million people that's contracted the beer bug, of those 554k have died, and almost 8 million has recovered from it.

In the same length of time this year we we lost worldwide 520k to malaria.... yet we are completely changing our lives and how the world works due to the beer bug?!

Oh: almost 23 million abortions since January 1st........ I've said it before and I will say it again.... the numbers do not add up

Info. from worldometer.com

Worldwide we have 12 million people that's contracted the beer bug, of those 554k have died, and almost 8 million has recovered from it.

In the same length of time this year we we lost worldwide 520k to malaria.... yet we are completely changing our lives and how the world works due to the beer bug?!

Oh: almost 23 million abortions since January 1st........ I've said it before and I will say it again.... the numbers do not add up

Info. from worldometer.com
They don't add up to this type of reaction. That's what we do in this country though, overreact. Mostly because the idiot box keeps reporting new cases after ramping up testing to over 700k a day. Yeah they knew what they were doing. We all fell for it too. When they said you'd kill granny and your kids that changed the game. The true numbers will never be known either. False positives and counting falling off a cliff as a COVID death make that pretty much impossible..

If we don't play football this year then we will have to up the scholarship limit to about 105. This could long term help a team like us.

Reactions: Bennessee01

VN Store

Back