If Hooker's injury is serious

That was a total brain fart. Simply situational awareness. Throw the ball and hope the good guys come down with it.

I agree but am afraid JM may let opportunistic moments get the best of him. He no doubt has every single physical abilty a qb needs. But seems to freeze when he is offered a chance to show his ability to the world.

This is fixable and there are many sports psychologists who make a living helping people be more clutch. I would also assume the UTAD has at least one available to our athletes. If he isnt meeting with one he should start doing so soon. It might be the difference between and NFL career and a non football career

I agree that one issue with Milton is the lack of situational awareness, or the brain farts, as some have said. And that happens to the best of us. But the deeper problem is that Milton doesn't seem to CARE. I saw some posts where people said he was yucking it up on the sideline with Jimmy Calloway, and so forth. I don't think Milton had himself ready to play. I don't think he conducted himself like a #2 SEC quarterback who is one injury away from having the game on his shoulders.

Reactions: Wireless1
Look guys after the Guarantano nightmare = let's be kind to the 2 remaining Vol quarterbacks who will have to guide the ship the rest of the way. Milton and Bailey are it. Sounds like a board game: Milton Bailey. There is a walkon qb that followed Josh from Central Florida also - don't know his name.

Feel free to hope, or even pray. I will too. But posting the tweet on here implies that you give it some level of credence on which to base your hope. Better just pray, Peerless.
I literally captioned the attachment with, "Well, there is this; let's hope it's true."
How does that imply any credence? It doesn't; you mistakenly inferred it.

It might not be a bad idea to let everybody heal until the KY game honestly. Our locker room looks like a triage center.

I know he’s a step down from Hooker. But maybe this staff can game plan around that… if we’re being real though: it’s not like any of us have next week circled as a win. You can argue “but Hooker and a healthy o line would give us a chance” and I’d have to say “maybe but… it’s Bama.” I hate them. You hate them. Probably 90% of college football fans hate them. But they’re Bama.

No, they're bammer.

Reactions: pharmDvol11
I don't have time to read all the responses tonight, but my response is that is only going to matter against Kentucky. We have come a long way, but I don't think we beat Bama or UGA regardless. If Milton can cut his overthrows in half, he will be at least a decent QB.

If IFs and BUTTs were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

I literally captioned the attachment with, "Well, there is this; let's hope it's true."
How does that imply any credence? It doesn't; you mistakenly inferred it.

Posting it gives credence, obviously. Do you not see that? Otherwise, you could just say "I hope Hooker is going to be fine." But you are backing up that desire (of us all) with the tweet of some rando who said it. I did not mistakenly infer anything. You mistakenly missed what posting it on here means.

But anyway, we agree that the person who tweeted it probably doesn't know anything. And we agree we want Hooker to be ok.

Brief as it was, I think Milton displayed some apparent improvement. The first completed pass actually had touch on the ball instead of his usual, hypersonic bullets. The endzone pass was the best he could do. The WR had two defenders on him. The ball was thrown slightly high, giving the WR a jump ball chance. Yes, if it had been slightly lower he might have caught it, OR, it might have been intercepted. It wasn't thrown so hard it zipped into the wall behind the players as often happens with Milton passes. I dare to believe that if Captain Hook is out, we will see an improved Milton. Having his cocky azz benched will probably prove to be the attitude surgery he needed to listen to his coaches. I'm willing to believe that, but if I prove to be wrong, heil or hie water, Bailey ball!

Hope for Milton seems worse than merely false after he ran off the field during the final play of the game instead of tossing the ball into the end zone.

Posting it gives credence, obviously. Do you not see that? Otherwise, you could just say "I hope Hooker is going to be fine." But you are backing up that desire (of us all) with the tweet of some rando who said it. I did not mistakenly infer anything. You mistakenly missed what posting it on here means.

But anyway, we agree that the person who tweeted it probably doesn't know anything. And we agree we want Hooker to be ok.
Seriously? Did you make up that rule? If you can't interpret my post for what it is, I can't help you, and it's not worth debating.

Reactions: House of Neyland
Look guys after the Guarantano nightmare = let's be kind to the 2 remaining Vol quarterbacks who will have to guide the ship the rest of the way. Milton and Bailey are it. Sounds like a board game: Milton Bailey. There is a walkon qb that followed Josh from Central Florida also - don't know his name.
The walkon’s name is Meyton Panning. More of a pocket qb, but has a lot of upside.

Reactions: Beagle Bill
We're definitely screwed. Bailey won't thrive in this offense. We've already seen him a few times.

Milton just sucks all around and has terrible decision making during live play. He literally just JG'd us and single handedly made sure we had zero percent chance at winning.

Bailey has thrown a grand total of 7 passes this year in mop up.

Milton should not be playing any more snaps for Ut…if hooker can’t go it’s time to see what Bailey can do
Let's not throw Bailey to the wolves (Bama & Georgia) just yet. If Hooker can't go let Milton see what he can do against the big boys, if he succeeds so be it, if he doesn't then we haven't wasted Bailey, & if he gets hurt then what?

VN Store

Back