If Hooker's injury is serious

Obviously. But if we play Bailey from here on out we are screwed.

Doesn't matter though cause we're screwed with Milton too. So pick your poison.

I don't have time to read all the responses tonight, but my response is that is only going to matter against Kentucky. We have come a long way, but I don't think we beat Bama or UGA regardless. If Milton can cut his overthrows in half, he will be at least a decent QB.

Obviously. But if we play Bailey from here on out we are screwed.

Doesn't matter though cause we're screwed with Milton too. So pick your poison.

I don't have time to read all the responses tonight, but my response is that is only going to matter against Kentucky. We have come a long way, but I don't think we beat Bama or UGA regardless. If Milton can cut his overthrows in half, he will be at least a decent QB.

Yes, I screamed at the top of my lungs when he ran out of bounds, but the replay showed that he at least tried to stay in bounds, and cut back. The other two plays were quite good on his part. The throw to the end zone was on target.

Milton should be dead last on the depth chart behind whoever the walk ons are. He’s a complete lost cause as a QB, I haven’t been one clamoring for Bailey to play, but if Hooker can’t go, just play Bailey and hope the experience helps him progress.
Bailey will get killed behind our patchwork O line. If Hooker wasn’t mobile, the score last night would have been 45-10

Reactions: Vols All Day
Losing Cade Mays early in the game sealed our fate. We had no push, and unfortunately, Dayne Davis looked like a walk-on that just received a scholarship. He looked a little lost on several snaps. This along with Tiyon being out killed our run game. We just do not have the depth to compete yet. My fear is the idiotic display from group of morons calling themselves "fans" did irreparable damage to our prospects at getting any uncommitted high level recruits from coming here.

If no Hooker, no offense. Tennessee is running out of ammunition. Offensive line badly beat up. Defense played hard but could never catch the Ole Miss rabbit.... With the losses to injury, especially Hooker, 6 wins 6 losses. Who will be left to play after the
games with Alabama and Georgia. Tennessee will need to hit the transfer portal big time to be competitive next year. I can see Bailey playing by the Kentucky game if Hooker is out. Milton is not the answer...

JH reminds me of JP with JG. Ok, HB does not meet your criteria for a QB in your offense.
I get it but sometimes you got to roll the dice and see what happens.

We're screwed.

The Milton to Tillman pass was high and hard. A couple inches lower or a little advsigter and we win.
How so? We only have 2 winnable games left and I could still play at 56 and beat Candy and South Alabama . To many injuries to give Ga or Bama a game now. So how are we screwed?

Any lower and it was prob broken up, but the last play was just terrible, have to take a shot or at least make a run for the endzone.
IMO, that incompletion was on Tillman. Don't know what Milton was thinking. Given our QB depth, if Hooker is even borderline, you have to throw Milton out there vs. Bama, unless he (Milton) is just "checked out".

Bailey is better than Milton . Milton means no bowl
Then why is Milton always the second option.

Heupel has proven he’s not afraid to make a switch and that he’s willing to go with the QB who is ready... So why then is Bailey’s butt still on the bench if he is such an upgrade over Milton.

If Bailey was better than Milton, then Bailey would’ve played instead last night. You think Heupel was willing to put Milton in on that last drive just to keep Bailey on the bench? With that crowd?

I think the pro-Bailey crowd has turned into a bunch of Uncle Ricos. If only coach put Bailey in... we woulda won. Throw that ball over them mountains...

Last edited:
I love Heupel and I’m glad he is our coach. But he deserves whatever flak he gets over bringing Milton in here and thinking he could fix him. Even I could have told him.

In terms of flak, Coach Heup is performing like an A-10 so far. He’s our guy.

Then why is Milton always the second option.

Heupel has proven he’s not afraid to make a switch and that he’s willing to go with the QB who is ready... So why then is Bailey’s butt still on the bench if he is such an upgrade over Milton.

If Bailey was better than Milton, then Bailey would’ve played instead last night. You think Heupel was willing to put Milton in on that last drive just to keep Bailey on the bench? With that crowd?

I think the pro-Bailey crowd has turned into a bunch of Uncle Ricos. If only coach put Bailey in... we woulda won. That that ball of them mountains...

You’re crazy if you think Heupel was gonna throw Bailey in for two plays to score last night. However, Heupel might be crazy considering he put Milton in who basically didn’t try to win the game.

Like we can 1000000% say that Milton does not give us a chance to win games. He showed us that on the last play.

If Hooker can't go, we need to go with HB from here on out. Milton can't get it done.
Who is we? We aren’t coaching the team and We don’t make the decisions. The coaching staff does.

Y’all were sold a bill of goods by recruiting services on a kid who is more AJ Suggs than Casey Clausen.

You’re crazy if you think Heupel was gonna throw Bailey in for two plays to score last night. However, Heupel might be crazy considering he put Milton in who basically didn’t try to win the game.

Like we can 1000000% say that Milton does not give us a chance to win games. He showed us that on the last play.
And we can still say that Milton gives us a better chance than Ole #3 on the depth chart.

To be fair, I don’t have anything against Bailey, but remember all to well how his fans were clamoring for him to play over Hooker and would argue that Bailey should be #2 and Hooker #3 at the start of the season.

And we can still say that Milton gives us a better chance than Ole #3 on the depth chart.

To be fair, I don’t have anything against Bailey, but remember all to well how his fans were clamoring for him to play over Hooker and would argue that Bailey should be #2 and Hooker #3 at the start of the season.

Milton gave up on the last play fo the gave to not even try to win. If he will do that with one play, imagine what he would do with an entire game….. he literally gave up on the team last night. Any other QB (not just Bailey) takes a shot at the endzone. Milton is trash.

VN Store

Back