If Grant leaves?

If Grant leaves ?????? Should be when Grant leaves ... and when he does .. we be hurting ... no offense inside at all .. Fulky ?? NO ... Walker ??? NO .. Burns ?? No Idea .....

If Grant leaves ?????? Should be when Grant leaves ... and when he does .. we be hurting ... no offense inside at all .. Fulky ?? NO ... Walker ??? NO .. Burns ?? No Idea .....
Without Grant Williams and Jordan Bone it wouldn't shock me if Tennessee went to the NIT in 2020.

The other two we have coming in,Pember & Gaines, both talented guys.Both are skinny as all get out.Is there any way they help next year?

I'm not sure our guards are the shooters the Auburn kids are. We're much more "streaky".

They have an entire offseason to put in the work. Schofield did it and his improvement was night and day compared to last season.

If Grant leaves will Barnes change his style and play a much more spread them out dribble drive and kick type offesne??

Imo losing Grant won't put this team back as much as many think IF Barnes will allow Bone, Bowden, Turner, James, Johnson and Pons run an offesne that looks more like Auburn now than an offesne that runs thru Grant.

Offense and Pons in the same sentence?

If Grant leaves will Barnes change his style and play a much more spread them out dribble drive and kick type offesne??

Imo losing Grant won't put this team back as much as many think IF Barnes will allow Bone, Bowden, Turner, James, Johnson and Pons run an offesne that looks more like Auburn now than an offesne that runs thru Grant.
To be honest Grant and Bone both need to come back for another year. They will be over seas playing there if they are not careful. Let's be honest here there are time that Grant and Admiral were not playing up to what they can be. They should of beat Purdue but didn't show up. You people can blame the refs, but Admiral didn't even score in first half of that game. And to miss all those free throws. It's not the refs fault.

I think he stays. His outside game needs to improve, and he has a chance to win an SEC Title, again. He definitely is not a hardship case. With Bone and Bowden returning, next season could be another special season.

We were one of the best 20 minute teams in basketball this season. If Grant returns he'll have to teach his boys how to play 40 minutes of Offense and defense in a game similar to what VA did last night. If you want championships, you play for 40 minutes.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Grant will come back with a refined 3 point shot. I expect he will be shooting it close to 40% (he was 32% this year). He isn’t a great fit for the modern nba at his current skill set. Adding the 3 point shot would make him a better pro prospect.

Grant will come back with a refined 3 point shot. I expect he will be shooting it close to 40% (he was 32% this year). He isn’t a great fit for the modern nba at his current skill set. Adding the 3 point shot would make him a better pro prospect.

I agree that he can improve his stock in that way but it isn't worth it for him unless Barnes is willing to give him the green light more for that. I think it could be a win win for everyone but not sure Barnes would do that

I agree that he can improve his stock in that way but it isn't worth it for him unless Barnes is willing to give him the green light more for that. I think it could be a win win for everyone but not sure Barnes would do that

There were many instances where Grant is open for 3 and passed it up. Was it lack of confidence or Barnes not allowing him?

There were many instances where Grant is open for 3 and passed it up. Was it lack of confidence or Barnes not allowing him?

I think Grant was being smart and realizing that they could get a better shot. His percentage was much higher closer to the block or elbow and helped get the other team in foul trouble. Also, Turner/Schofield/Bowden all shoot the 3 ball much better and at times the attention Grant got and our teams unselfish passing led to very high percentage looks.

I think Grant was being smart and realizing that they could get a better shot. His percentage was much higher closer to the block or elbow and helped get the other team in foul trouble. Also, Turner/Schofield/Bowden all shoot the 3 ball much better and at times the attention Grant got and our teams unselfish passing led to very high percentage looks.
Bingo

And I'll be fine with Grant realizing he needs to be more selfish and NBA draft minded knowing he has to shoot more next year.
In the end I think we will be better because of it

Reactions: gainesvol82
I'm not sure our guards are the shooters the Auburn kids are. We're much more "streaky".
Auburn’s guards are streaky also just look at the 1st half of their season. They just got hot at the right time.

Well, he’s done growing. So unless another year of college can add 2-3 inches there is nothing else to prove at this level.
The two things that he could possibly work on are perimeter play and playing better against height. He seemed to do better against taller players this year than in prior years but I still think that perception exists. But honestly I’m just not sure how much more he can improve. He seems to be pretty well maximizing his ability but I could be wrong. The x factor to me is what motivates this kid. I know he wants to play in the NBA but he may want one more year at UT more. He seems like a Peyton-type that really values the college experience. Once you are out everything changes and it never goes back. My gut tells me he comes back and it’s mostly due to loving his college experience.

99.9 sure he isn't leaving. This is a Kid who's mom works for NASA, got accepted to Harvard, likes school, has respect and honor. He knows he's not ready for the nba this year.
Not sure I'd put it that high.

Why do people think Bone has a chance of leaving? He got real hot mid year but cooled off late and still played well. Are there any mocks with him getting drafted?

VN Store

Back