If Butch were to get fired...

It is simple if he didn't say it he will be here for a long time, if he said it he is gone.:eek:hmy:

Ok lets say he did say it, but the next question is why did he say it?

From all accounts and from everything that has happened I don't think we've really seen any suggestion that Butch would say something like that in the way it is being portrayed.

Maybe he got some bad information at first, maybe he thought it was Bowles who committed the assault. I could see how if he had the wrong info then yeah he probably said it, but I honestly don't believe he would say that to someone if he knew they were trying to help a girl in that situation.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch may have screwed up, but compared with Jimbo Fisher, its not nearly a firing offense. I think Butch is a first rate guy, but even first rate guys make mistakes.

Presenting the new Football Coach. Coach Little Johnathan.

lil-jon.gif

Just the distraction could cost us a game or two. We need Coach Jones to be able to completely focus on spring practice , not going to court or all the pundits sounding off. I would hate to think we would lose to Florida again.

Just the distraction could cost us a game or two. We need Coach Jones to be able to completely focus on spring practice , not going to court or all the pundits sounding off. I would hate to think we would lose to Florida again.

Don't even bring that up. If Butch loses to Florida again he needs to get fired regardless to whatever else is happening.

If Butch can win big he's probably out of here on his own accord and no one would be able to blame him.

Good luck finding a coach willing to come with with limp d*ck administrative leadership and rogue current/former womens athletic administrators.

Where's he going? Who bigger than UT will have an opening? LSU, TX and AU aren't touching him if they have openings.

i think we'd be able to find plenty of coaches willing to step up to the plate. Coaches would look at the roster and think the stage is set to win. I don't think perception would be a huge issue as Butch leaving ultimately would settle the major institutional issue. I think Herman would need to be the first phone call (well that is after the customary Gruden call) lol

Get a Grip Chattanoogie.........., Butch Jones is nOt, I repeat, Butch Jones is nOt getting fired

If Butch can win big he's probably out of here on his own accord and no one would be able to blame him.

Good luck finding a coach willing to come with with limp d*ck administrative leadership and rogue current/former womens athletic administrators.

I see you don't post much........ this is a very very good thing....
Keep It Up!
Go Vols

Get a Grip Chattanoogie.........., Butch Jones is nOt, I repeat, Butch Jones is nOt getting fired

Lol. I agree man. And i definitely don't want him to go at this point. He's been a great ambassador and recruiter. I wasn't always on board but I definitely think he's the best man for the job right now. But there's some smoke. Cnn had the butch jones thing on their ticker all damn day. I can't ever remember cnn having coaching news in their ticker

this news running on the CNN ticker is not a problem. Only about 50 people will see it with their ratings. Being on ESPN is a bigger deal IMO.

I would hate to think we would lose to Florida again.

No way the Vols lose to florida this year---they lost a ton of talent on D and will have a bad offense again with a shaky QB deal and mediocre oline. UT rolls!!

VN Store

Back