If a Saban Crony couldn't right the ship, why would we expect an AAC coach to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm...

Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson and Thomas Jefferson are two different people. They lived in different centuries, even. Both from Virginia, and both owned slaves, yes. But Stonewall didn't write the Constitution. He lived about a century too late for that.
I'm a complete idiot..............I read it wrong. MY fault:confused:

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Aha, but that's the way with so many VN posters: they actually make predictions & offer "expert" advice while actually wanting others to fail, if only to soothe their insecure egos.

I never wanted any of them to fail. Though I will admit to predicting Fulmer as AD would not work. And that had nothing to do with ego and any of the other crap you opined upon. It was based on common horse sense, and knowing the axe would fall sooner or later, because he has been delusional since before he got fired the first time. Why get an ego trip over knowing the sun will rise in the morning?

Umm...

Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson and Thomas Jefferson are two different people. They lived in different centuries, even. Both from Virginia, and both owned slaves, yes. But Stonewall didn't write the Constitution. He lived about a century too late for that.

Damn. When did Derek Dooley sign on? But before casting Jackson into the "slave owners" catalog, you might want to research that a bit more closely.

Last edited:
CJH
Successful as a starting QB for a national champion team. No guarantee but its more playing experience and success than we've had in a coach in a long time.
Successful position coach.
Successful coordinator.
Successful head coach at a lower level. And, UCF is the largest campus in Florida so it has its share of big school challenges, which CJH seems to have handled.

Pruitt was a 2nd string DB at Bama, was an assistant coach at the high school level, then jumped to the college coaching ranks (thanks dad!). Yes he was a successful DC for 3 teams, but other than that, why Fulmer thought he could run a program is beyond me.

Yes, no guarantee but it seems CJH has the experience needed to be successful.

CJH
Successful as a starting QB for a national champion team. No guarantee but its more playing experience and success than we've had in a coach in a long time.
Successful position coach.
Successful coordinator.
Successful head coach at a lower level. And, UCF is the largest campus in Florida so it has its share of big school challenges, which CJH seems to have handled.

Pruitt was a 2nd string DB at Bama, was an assistant coach at the high school level, then jumped to the college coaching ranks (thanks dad!). Yes he was a successful DC for 3 teams, but other than that, why Fulmer thought he could run a program is beyond me.

Yes, no guarantee but it seems CJH has the experience needed to be successful.
Like most of your reasoning but Pruitt isn't stupid. the NY Giants at least didn't think so

The coaching "standard" on here is SaBan. So I feel like this is actually a valid question. As to Hoople, probably a great guy. I just have a hard time getting past the last 3 failed hires where all the same defenses of the hires were being made. I will stop posting negative things about Hoople and give him a chance, not because you told me to, but because I have no choice. He is here and apparently Volnation is not a place where you can express an opinion.

Who do you actually think you're impressing by being such an unmitigated j a toward coach Heupel? The guy has been successful and accepted an opportunity. He didn't hire Kiffin or Dooley or Jones or Pruitt. Just a decent guy by all accounts that has been highly successful particularly with offense - but all you can do is whine and complain, critical even of obvious success, and be juvenile and disrespectful with 2yo nonsense like Hoople. Who do you think you're impressing by acting like you are the only person who warned all of VolNation about how none of the prior coaches would work out? Do you think people are raising their glasses to you or something? (Nobody is - nobody.) You post hundreds of completely negative posts the past few days and it's never enough - who do you think values it and wants to see more? So you start ANOTHER thread just so you can be seen and heard even more - same sh!t, same unceasing negativity - aimed at a set of people who can do absolutely nothing about the circumstances. What in the world is wrong with you? What motivates a person to make such a fool of themselves?

Reactions: WilcoVolsFan
The coaching "standard" on here is SaBan. So I feel like this is actually a valid question. As to Hoople, probably a great guy. I just have a hard time getting past the last 3 failed hires where all the same defenses of the hires were being made. I will stop posting negative things about Hoople and give him a chance, not because you told me to, but because I have no choice. He is here and apparently Volnation is not a place where you can express an opinion.

What's the fan standard on there? Don't be a complete D-Bag?

Kinda feeling like you're failing it.

I never wanted any of them to fail. Though I will admit to predicting Fulmer as AD would not work. And that had nothing to do with ego and any of the other crap you opined upon. It was based on common horse sense, and knowing the axe would fall sooner or later, because he has been delusional since before he got fired the first time. Why get an ego trip over knowing the sun will rise in the morning?
We get it .:rolleyes:

Thomas Jefferson wrote most of the Constitution????

Did he write it before or after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
I made a huge faux pas....

I miss read the post and meant to say Declaration of Independence. I acknowledge my huge screw up........:mad:

Saban cronies figure out you can't cheat at that level just anywhere when they leave the cesspool of Tuscaloosa, you get caught and exposed for the average coach you are. In Pruitt's case not even average.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
Like most of your reasoning but Pruitt isn't stupid. the NY Giants at least didn't think so
Agree he's definitely no dummy, but was really looking at experience to handle running a program. A leader needs to know where the problems may be hidden, that takes the right experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back