I wonder what the players are thinking........

You have covered a number of subjects and the answers to these subjects have different solutions. From the beginning of time as we know it, humanity has faced may different problems. During the last 8,000 to 10,000 years, humans have faced major caused of almost mass extension.
We have major deaths from pandemics which have killed as many as half of the population. Millions have died from war and others millions have die from starvation. Humans used to roam the earth living alone or in very small gatherings. As humans progress, they learned how to live their lives in harmony and they began to live to live in villages and then large towns and cities. As this happened, people how had the same idea of how they wanted to live together tended to gather together. However, as these cities, town, countries grew and became larger, some people in those lacations began to kill, rob, cheat and used other means to take advantage of other people. This resulted in choosing people to become leaders of their communities, ans societies where formed. These societies passed laws to protect those who suffered from the actions of those who's acts conflicted with the majority of the society. We learned, through medicine, how to protect and treat people from many of the many diseases and how to save others who beome infected from disease. The fact is, some people are unwilling to agree to the rules and laws of living in any society and choose to rebel. Wars result and the societies with the most advanced military weapons become the rulers of those communities /countries. Through out history, this method has ruled most countries. Dictators are still in power in many areas of the World. We are very fortunate to live in America with our Republic from of Government. However, we still face the problems of disease, war, and a poor population of nearly 30 % of our population. We still need to have laws, rules and other ways of benefiting our population. We live in a society wher we care about the health and well being of our fellow man. We have learned to rely on those who are experts in certain areas of our society such as law, medicine, management, manufacturing,pluming,farming, etc. to allow us to live safe and productive lives. Sometimes we face unusual events which test our way of life which may affect different segments of our population. In the case of a pandemic caused by a new virus about which we have no data about the epidemiology of that virus, it is impossible to know how that virus attacks our bodies, regardless of age, sex, race or economic status. In these conditions. our society requires us to do what ever is necessary to protect all members of the world where possible. To do less, is a crime against our modern society. Otherwise, we can revert back to prehistoric societies which preceeded modern man. I realize this is a long and maybe confusing post , but I think one can realize the point which is important to our way of life.

You stated that I covered a number of subjects and then went to focus on what you call crime against our modern society. I don't think any of this is that simple. The country has dealt with this argument before during the Spanish Flu and it doesn't appear that it was ever settled. I'm not saying that I agree with you or disagree. I'm very torn and trying to understand the argument from all sides. I believe in freedom until it impedes on the freedom of others. That is where I am torn. At what point are you infringing on another persons rights? Do I have a right to go to the grocery store without a mask? I believe the answer is no on that because the vast majority of Americans require access to that facility. Do I need to wear a mask to go to an entertainment venue? I believe the answer is no as it isn't a requirement for everyoneto utilize that facility.Keep in mind, with the impact of death being relevant to me, that while I say I don't believe it is required, I am attempting to be considerate of others. I am a teacher and I'm trying to figure out how that is going to work this year. We have been directed that we will teach with mask on and that our students will be required to wear them. I'm not a soft spoken individual, but there are a lot of teachers that are already hard to hear in a classroom. How do you keep mask on special kids? Is education going to be impacted? Classrooms aren't big enough to social distance kids and keeping teenage boys and girls from breathing on each other is another story of its own. We are now changing the ability of people to learn and trading that for safety. If my kids weren't in a college setting, I would pull them and home school them simply because I think education is going to suffer. Our scientist, mathematicians, doctors, economist, politicians, and groundskeepers are going to make the best decision they can. I stand by the fact that I think we need to respect the various opinions and learn to compromise on this and every other subject the country is battling over. I find it challenging to rely on the news for anything because all I hear are peoples opinions and stories that support whatever narrative that the organization is trying to prop up. I like to look at hard numbers, but with what was discussed previously about the various doctors that are acting as politicians, it makes it impossible to expect the general public to trust the numbers or statistics that can be manipulated to support an outcome. I know I bounced around a little, but your summary attempted to make an opinion into a fact. Your way of life and mine as much as we claim they are similar are not the same and neither is Jamal's, Julio's, or John's. I will finalize by stating that its a good thing that our way of life is different because the various opinions allow us to create new ideas to further society.

Here ya go, direct from the CDC. Look at the chart about halfway down the page. CDC covid-influenza data

Also from the CDC "During two weeks in mid-April, 29,933 COVID-19 deaths were counted in the United States. In contrast, according to CDC, counted deaths during the peak week of the influenza seasons from 2013-2020 ranged from 351 (2016) to 1626 (2018).

The mean number of counted deaths during the peak week of influenza seasons from 2013-2020 was 752.4."

Here's my empirical data, where's yours?
You do realize the CDC already said these tests aren't accurate lol

The shutdowns and hype is all politics. The media and one party wants to shutdown the economy to get power. Football and all sports need to be played with fans in the stadiums and arenas. People need a life, diversions and purpose to stay healthy even if a few catch a flu like bug and get well in a week. It's not selfish to want to watch football or any sport. We can protect the vulnerable and the vulnerable can protect themselves. The "experts" have been massively wrong from the beginning. Our spring and summer sports along with our lives were shut down because of their agendas. It's OK to loot and riot but not OK to go to church or play baseball. That's one way to tell this is all political. Let's play some ball.

Hear Hear.

100% politics. An attempt to seize power at all costs...which is in the trillions of dollars and many thousands of lives in nursing homes in NY. The sickest were sent to stay where the most vulnerable lived. Murder.

You communist bastards think you've got it all figured out. We will see when the crap hits the fan. All the God fearing, honest, Conservatives that I know are quite well armed...and capable. I would be too, if it wasnt for that boating accident a few years back...

I'm sure 100% of the student athletes want to play. But that's not the issue at hand. I'm hopeful a solution will be on it's way soon, but with states starting to shutdown again and universities like Georgia having huge spikes of positive tests, it seems like wishful thinking, at best, that a football season happens this year. And basketball. Which is truly a shame. As our basketball team was going to be ELITE this year.
So folks may or may not get sick for a couple of day(risk for the average person) so shut down for the year? That’s your answer? Then we definitely don’t need to risk those involved with compiling election results so we should just skip the election and leave it as is until we have zero cases or 100%effective treatment and a 100% effective vaccine.

Hear Hear.

100% politics. An attempt to seize power at all costs...which is in the trillions of dollars and many thousands of lives in nursing homes in NY. The sickest were sent to stay where the most vulnerable lived. Murder.

You communist bastards think you've got it all figured out. We will see when the crap hits the fan. All the God fearing, honest, Conservatives that I know are quite well armed...and capable. I would be too, if it wasnt for that boating accident a few years back...
Brainwashed! Facts are truth. One just has to know the facts.

So folks may or may not get sick for a couple of day(risk for the average person) so shut down for the year? That’s your answer? Then we definitely don’t need to risk those involved with compiling election results so we should just skip the election and leave it as is until we have zero cases or 100%effective treatment and a 100% effective vaccine.

Duh mailing in ballots! Can I have yours? Its like free drink tickets at the Christmas parties.

VN Store

Back