I will never forgive Bruce...

Facts - Pearl’s airhead wife invited guests to the BBQ. Bruce lied. Certain UT AD administrators knew or had a copy of the BBQ photo before the NCAA showed up. The rest is irrelevant now.

If he would have just owned up to the infraction in the first place, he would still be here .
Pearl says this also and says it was the most stupid thing he ever did. He messed up bad and took an excessive beating for his mistake. If lying to his boss is the worst he ever makes then he's doing better than about 95% of folks. Instead of laying down he's pulled himself back up and was a bad no call on the double dribble from playing for a natty tomorrow night. You guys keep hating on him, but he's getting it done with Auburn. If CRB leaves, I sure hope we make a serious run to bring him back.

That didn't bother me. Of course a father coaching his son and showing him favoritism happens. But how he broke NCAA rules, lied about it to Mike Hamilton and then to investigators, and put us in a mess is harder for me to forgive.

I was talking to my Dad on the phone yesterday evening. He told me that he was pulling for Auburn because of the SEC and Bruce. Bruce was one of the main reasons I was against the Tigers. Not only for putting us in a hole with his stupidity, but the crowning of Saint Bruce by some of the fans on here. If Auburn would have gone on to win the Championship, we would never hear the end of it. Now maybe the worshipers of Saint Bruce will now shut the hell up.

No, they won't. Especially if Barnes goes to UCLA.

Pearl says this also and says it was the most stupid thing he ever did. He messed up bad and took an excessive beating for his mistake. If lying to his boss is the worst he ever makes then he's doing better than about 95% of folks. Instead of laying down he's pulled himself back up and was a bad no call on the double dribble from playing for a natty tomorrow night. You guys keep hating on him, but he's getting it done with Auburn. If CRB leaves, I sure hope we make a serious run to bring him back.

You know how the saying goes...

6179BA9D-6182-4A40-8E9B-7FE4F24D39DC.jpeg

All kidding aside, lying is an infraction that goes unpunished all too often. At the time i was emotional regarding Pearl. He lied, twice, and it was punished. As it should have been. (also were we not under investigation for that rape culture and kiffin stuff?).

Wish pearl well, but, move on.

I have always felt those circumstances were strange, the admins stand behind Bruce and are willing to ride out the SEC suspension. Dooley is appearing before the NCAA in private discussing possible violations made by the little weasel Kiffin (I would bet a lot that he had recruiting violations). Suddenly, the admins turn Bruce over to the NCAA by terminating him citing the bump as a reason and Dooley comes out of the NCAA meeting with no restrictions on the football program. I have always felt those 2 situations were connected.

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
For giving his lame ass son significant minutes. Sure, he had a few key rebounds, and **** like that. But, that was more than offset by the missed free throws,blown layups, and turnovers.

Not to mention Stephen was an uppity douchebag.

So his did turn out to be a total dough bag. But Bruce giving him minutes is unforgivable? The boy was a decent effort type guy (definitely about as unathletic as they come).

For giving his lame ass son significant minutes. Sure, he had a few key rebounds, and **** like that. But, that was more than offset by the missed free throws,blown layups, and turnovers.

Lol

He lied, and asked those involved to cover up, that he allowed a recruit (who went elsewhere) to attend a barbecue. Not illegal, just an NCAA violation He lost his job and received a 2 year show cause suspension (on top of the 6 months he received while still employed). Which equates to about 4.5 million bucks. I think that his debt is paid in full. Now his has pulled himself back up and gone on to meet one of his life goals, making the final 4. Quite an accomplishment.

It was more than UT's lawyers should have properly advised him on how to answer the question. Bruce was a problem when he was seemingly worth more money than the football coach and Pat Summit.

Pearl other son went to Webb and was a bully to girls.

VN Store

Back