Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
It's pretty simple, because he can actually coach.

He's been a head coach at multiple stops and done something most haven't---he's won everywhere he's been.

He's also done something none of the past 4 coaches at Tennessee have done. He's won with the talent that he's been given. He walked into Liberty with a weak roster and has them playing great football with a roster far less talented than what we have right now. There is no doubt in my mind Liberty would beat us if we played this Saturday.

Give Hugh our roster and he'd at the very least not lose to Kentucky or Arkansas.

However, he ain't coming here because Pruitt isn't getting fired so the point is moot.

now this the kind of insight I was asking for, appreciate it!

Biggest fear with him other than the NCAA having an office in Knoxville is there is a shelf life to the religious motivation he uses. I think if things went south here, it would be a rapid downfall. Hopefully, he will tone down on that since the act wore thin at Ole Miss after a few years.

I may be wrong on this, but I believe Hugh Freeze is one of 2 coaches who has beaten Saban in back to back seasons. That’s pretty impressive. At the same time, we all need to remember that he’s not the second coming of General Neyland. I feel like I’m drinking the Kool-aid a little bit because I’m so thirsty for a winner.

I felt like he was crooked because he pulled some good recruits that normally wouldn’t pick ole miss. Turns out he was. He seems like a good coach but you Just have to decide if you want to roll the dice on him.

Reactions: tnktm
I may be wrong on this, but I believe Hugh Freeze is one of 2 coaches who has beaten Saban in back to back seasons. That’s pretty impressive. At the same time, we all need to remember that he’s not the second coming of General Neyland. I feel like I’m drinking the Kool-aid a little bit because I’m so thirsty for a winner.

This entire board, myself included, has been drinking the Kool-Aid for 13 years now. It's not just you.

The fanbase is parched and is thirsting for just about anyone or anything that will win. It doesn't seem like it's coming any time soon though, so might as well drink the communion wine that Deacon Barnes is providing while we wait for our football program to get an exorcism.

now this is the kind of insight I was not asking for. SMH...
Then you shouldn’t have asked a stupid question. What makes any of these glorified PE teachers good? They are good at their jobs, Pruitt is not good at being a HC. Not one person on this board is a current or former successful HC at a Power 5 school, and I’m pretty sure no one has played for the Rev. They can say he is a genii or draws cards to pick plays, no one really knows.the only measurable is his won loss record. That is why you got that response.

Reactions: 08Vol and igotworms
There are no guarantees - he could bomb. Lots love Mike Leach and he’s stinking it up (year 1).

Then you shouldn’t have asked a stupid question. What makes any of these glorified PE teachers good? They are good at their jobs, Pruitt is not good at being a HC. Not one person on this board is a current or former successful HC at a Power 5 school, and I’m pretty sure no one has played for the Rev. They can say he is a genii or draws cards to pick plays, no one really knows.the only measurable is his won loss record. That is why you got that response.
His record is a result, I'm trying to understand why. You shouldn't give stupid answers if you don't understand the question. K thanks

In all seriousness, he's a good coach and I assume he'd be successful.

But, and everyone has said this on the board 1,000 times, Pruitt isn't going anywhere this season

VN Store

Back