Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
Yea, he wouldn't be at Liberty if that ruling was still effect..
He actually likes Liberty and has stated many times that he is comfortable where he is at and they gave him a chance when no one else did. He is only staying at Liberty till the right job comes open. We had a chance to hire him 3 years ago but chose Pruitt over freeze. How is that looking right about how.

Freeze is talented but he comes with more baggage than Lane Kiffin ever did. Whomever hires him is begging for trouble.
I would take Freeze in a second but I can’t imagine Fulmer would hire him. Besides I think there’s under a 1% chance Fulmer fires Pruitt

He actually likes Liberty and has stated many times that he is comfortable where he is at and they gave him a chance when no one else did. He is only staying at Liberty till the right job comes open. We had a chance to hire him 3 years ago but chose Pruitt over freeze. How is that looking right about how.
I'm pretty sure there's no way in hell we would've or could've hired him then. He had just resigned from Ole Miss in July of 2017 amid scandal...

Reactions: onevol74
If Freeze wants the Tennessee job he will have to wait 1 more year I'm afraid. I think Liberty is paying about 3 million a year, so that hopefully shouldn't be an issue.
It necessarily. From what I have heard, money can move and be ready for a big name hire.

Don’t be surprised if you start seeing a lot of smoke around this—especially if we lose to Vandy. And this would all be worked out by the donors before anything happens with Pruitt.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I'm pretty sure there's no way in hell we would've or could've hired him then. He had just resigned from Ole Miss in July of 2017 amid scandal...
Freeze was interviewed was he not? Why would we even bother interviewing him if there wasn’t interest there?

Freeze was interviewed was he not? Why would we even bother interviewing him if there wasn’t interest there?
He was considered for the OC position a full year later, but Sankey bloked him from working in the SEC while Ole Miss was still on probation... To my knowledge he has never been interviewed for the HC position here..

This is agents at work. If this is true we need to just move on from Pruitt and bring in Freeze. No reason to wait, it will help our recruiting class this year and not make me want to hang myself on 12/19 (my birthday) when TamU scores 55 on our defensive genius coach.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I believe if the big money boosters thought this hire was truly the one to make Tennessee a Top 10 program again they would make it happen. The previous hires Dooley Jones and Pruitt there was no need to come off the money. One firing had to happen. Two no big time coach wanted the job. In CHRIST Alone.

If Fulmer was on board with him being our OC, why would he not be on board with him as HC?
There’s a difference in your HC and OC. I want it to happen just don’t see it. I could see him going to USCe and destroying us for the next 3 seasons

There’s a difference in your HC and OC. I want it to happen just don’t see it. I could see him going to USCe and destroying us for the next 3 seasons
Then why do you think Fulmer wouldn't be on board with him being HC?

VN Store

Back