Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
that statement by Freeze is another reason why Fulmer will not hire him. Freeze hides his sinful ways behind christianity and most AD's know it

If Fulmer doesn't hire him, Christianity, one way or the other, will be the least important reason why.

Like I have said, he isn’t coming here. Nor is he going to SC or Auburn.

Freeze currently 'won't entertain' S.C. opening

"I won't even entertain things of that nature at this point," Freeze told ESPN College GameDay's Gene Wojciechowski in an interview that aired Saturday. "I'm at total peace with staying here, as long as they'll have me."

This is just dumb. What did you expect him to say, I’m the coach at Liberty, but I would love to coach somewhere else.

Like I have said, he isn’t coming here. Nor is he going to SC or Auburn.

Freeze currently 'won't entertain' S.C. opening

"I won't even entertain things of that nature at this point," Freeze told ESPN College GameDay's Gene Wojciechowski in an interview that aired Saturday. "I'm at total peace with staying here, as long as they'll have me."
Dude solicited a hooker and bought players. Yeah, I believe him spouting off to the media.

There's a saying when it comes to UT football hires...make him say no. This time it needs to be make him say yes. I can only imagine Freeze reshaping this roster and hosting recruits to the UT basketball games. He's also going to have the one time get out of jail free/one time transfer coming soon. You can fix a lot of problems and quickly. Imagine the excitement for next season. If UT makes this guy the choice, we won't need 4-5 years of recruiting.

Reactions: TN1111
Freeze will get another SEC job. If it’s between Carolina and Tennessee I like our chances. If Auburn is in the mix I feel like he will land there.

At this point, what in the F are we afraid of? Will hiring Freeze somehow shame our “proud” program? We’re already a laughing stock of this conference. Some have said he might land of on sanctions bc he’s shady in recruiting. We’re already on sanctions with these failures as coaches.

Every coaching search you have a handful of names that are on everyone’s list. How many believe Freeze is at least on everyone’s list? How many believe Dooley, Butch or Pruitt were on the lists of major programs when they were hired?

Yes he beat Alabama twice but he cheated to get in top players and struggled both before and after he got caught. I would rather see us throw money at Matt Campbell or another coach that has won at a high level.

Yes he beat Alabama twice but he cheated to get in top players and struggled both before and after he got caught. I would rather see us throw money at Matt Campbell or another coach that has won at a high level.
Same argument was made about Mullen at Miss St.

Yeah, bad hire by Florida. They suck.

EthicalNeglectedDove-max-1mb.gif

Is there a possibility that the SEC commish would blackball Freeze coming back to the conference?

I don't know all the particulars regarding Freeze's history and if he burned any SEC bridges in leaving.

Reactions: Volanta

VN Store

Back