Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
Would love to have him. I believe he will go to South Carolina and we will lose to his team the first year and it will be the beginning of the end of Fulmer. Not because he deserves it. He inherited a crap show. But because he did make the mistake of giving Pruitt an extension and was not able to get a big name in before SC did. Hugh Freeze will take the Gamecocks further than they have ever been. Not sure any of the coaches out there will beat him or Mullen. Georgia seems destined to be better than TN for a looong time. Who else out there is any better than Smart? I like Indiana’s coach... but not sure he can take on Freeze. Why wait and see once again when we could get Freeze? Money that will be lost due to terrible seasons anyways.

The only thing that stops this is the boosters come to Fulmer NOW and say we will give you all the money you need to go get Freeze and get the job done.
He ain't going to SC

LMAO. Ok, Karens. Then welcome to 6-6 suckitude for the foreseeable future.

Freeze has taken a squad of 1 and 2* kids and has them rocking. Take away the recruiting stuff, the guy can flat out coach. Hell, given JPs ability to completely check out of a game, I wouldn't really relish the opportunity of playing Liberty ourselves right now.

He can be monitored recruiting wise. Freeze could take Pruitt's guys and beat Pruitt 9 times out of 10. It's that simple.

Yeah, just "take away all the recruiting stuff" LOL details details. There's no way he wins at Ole Miss without all those 5* players he bribed. Everyone could smell the stink on that program while it was happening. It doesn't take a genius to realize something has to be wrong when Ole Miss is beating Alabama at the height of the Alabama dynasty.

That's the kind of win-at-all cost attitude that got all of Ole Miss's games forfeited. The Ole Miss fans can look back at the glory days when their program did well, but are now crap again and have Lame Kiffin as a head coach.

I dont give a rip what he's able to do at Liberty. Tell me what kind of competition he's up against? I'm sure if Freeze were a high school coach playing against other high schoolers then he'd be doing well there too. But this is the SEC. He cant take 2 star players and beat Alabama. He had to cheat to win at Ole Miss. Cause it's Ole Miss.

Last edited:
Yeah, just "take away all the recruiting stuff" LOL details details. There's no way he wins at Ole Miss without all those 5* players he bribed. Everyone could smell the stink on that program while it was happening. It doesn't take a genius to realize something has to be wrong when Ole Miss is beating Alabama at the height of the Alabama dynasty.

That's the kind of win-at-all cost attitude that got all of Ole Miss's games forfeited. The Ole Miss fans can look back at the glory days when their program did well, but are now crap again and have Lame Kiffin as a head coach.

I dont give a rip what he's able to do at Liberty. Tell me what kind of competition he's up against? I'm sure if Freeze were a high school coach playing against other high schoolers then he'd be doing well there too. But this is the SEC. He cant take 2 star players and beat Alabama. He had to cheat to win at Ole Miss. Cause it's Ole Miss.
exactly, hell Freeze needed a refs call and a lucky turnover to beat an awful Western Kentucky team and Florida International....just because he beat a mediocre Va Tech team (which he almost cost his own team with a dumb decision), doesnt mean he could do anything like that in the SEC with a real schedule without cheating....but he's never getting hired here anyway, so its humorous to watch people get bent out of shape about it

exactly, hell Freeze needed a refs call and a lucky turnover to beat an awful Western Kentucky team and Florida International....just because he beat a mediocre Va Tech team (which he almost cost his own team with a dumb decision), doesnt mean he could do anything like that in the SEC with a real schedule without cheating....but he's never getting hired here anyway, so its humorous to watch people get bent out of shape about it
Do you realize he's at Liberty? They are a small Christian school in middle of nowhere VA, just recently in Division 1? What hes doing there is amazing with very little talent. VT has infinitely more talent and they couldn't begin to stop Hugh's team, and he very much outcoached Fuente. I doubt they beat NC St Saturday but there's no denying this guy can flat coach.

Do you realize he's at Liberty? They are a small Christian school in middle of nowhere VA, just recently in Division 1? What hes doing there is amazing with very little talent. VT has infinitely more talent and they couldn't begin to stop Hugh's team, and he very much outcoached Fuente. I doubt they beat NC St Saturday but there's no denying this guy can flat coach.
They aren't small at all, maybe you should educate yourself on their $$$ and enrollment which dwarves many P5 schools...it's not amazing to be an Independent and choose your schedule and anyone can outcoach Fuente, Va Tech is awful

They aren't small at all, maybe you should educate yourself on their $$$ and enrollment which dwarves many P5 schools...it's not amazing to be an Independent and choose your schedule and anyone can outcoach Fuente, Va Tech is awful
I live here. I know. Yes theyre rich, but in no means a powerhouse in any sport, just became d1 recently in football. VT is awful yes, but they recruit 100 times better and on paper just looking at talent alone should have won easily. Hugh outcoached them badly and his players love him.. He brings a great sense of hope and they can do anything with him there.

I’m willing to bet Liberty would beat us if we played them this year.

They just look much better coached.

Guess we will see how the season moves along...maybe we could play them in a bowl and find out

Bowl?
No blue font?

main-qimg-77c85c7ded896f3a8fb7942eaf30c59c

He has beaten Virginia Tech. At Virginia Tech. With Liberty. In his first year.

But, yeah, I guess he sucks at coaching.

LMAO

The Karens wont listen. Too busy polishing their ethics.

He has beaten Virginia Tech. At Virginia Tech. With Liberty. In his first year.

But, yeah, I guess he sucks at coaching.

LMAO

The Karens wont listen. Too busy polishing their ethics.
Old Dominion beat VT two years ago, i wouldn't hire their coach either

Reactions: Volatility
Good grief. Hugh Freeze is an excellent coach. Arguing contra is silly. You may not like him because of his actions at OM, that's fine, but to deny the guy is a good coach is ridiculous.
I didn’t say that. What I said was he is a cheater and a slimeball. And he’s not coming to UT. Ever

I didn’t say that. What I said was he is a cheater and a slimeball. And he’s not coming to UT. Ever

Gotcha. What he did was do what Saban does at Bama, but he did it at Ole Miss. And he beat Saban. That isn't allowed, and unfortunately for Freeze, he had a pretty significant skeleton in his closet that was found and used to get rid of him.

Prostitution is illegal, and Freeze should have known better, but 'slimeball'? Take away the hookers, and he is, again, doing what they do at Bama, only at ole Miss.

Gotcha. What he did was do what Saban does at Bama, but he did it at Ole Miss. And he beat Saban. That isn't allowed, and unfortunately for Freeze, he had a pretty significant skeleton in his closet that was found and used to get rid of him.

Prostitution is illegal, and Freeze should have known better, but 'slimeball'? Take away the hookers, and he is, again, doing what they do at Bama, only at ole Miss.
Well he also used to be a creep to Underage girls as well. And yes people who sleep with hookers are slime balls

Well he also used to be a creep to Underage girls as well. And yes people who sleep with hookers are slime balls

Not aware of the underage allegations, and like Schiano, that would be a automatic "no way" for me if true. As for the hookers, again, ill advised and illegal, but 'slimeball'?

And every other bigtime school. Errbody cheats and pays players. However, it's one thing to get talented players, it's something else to know what to do with talent once you'vegot it.. Freeze knows what to do with talented players. Anybody that doubts that is letting their judgment be clouded by other issues.

Don't say never ever. There's some big money in town that want him here. And agree he may cheat but we ain't looking for a pastor or Sunday school teacher. I don't look to my football coaches for religious means. Some big money are tired of losing money, and ready to win.

Reactions: CJBlaze

VN Store

Back