Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
I'm afraid it will be to ut's administration.
Sadly, I believe you are correct. We continually have coaching turnover and pay off their contract after 4 or so years of failure. We could have just paid a proven winner that same amount of money we blew on losers and not break the hearts of Vol Nation.

Sadly, I believe you are correct. We continually have coaching turnover and pay off their contract after 4 or so years of failure. We could have just paid a proven winner that same amount of money we blew on losers and not break the hearts of Vol Nation.

Yep,and the university would be making so much more money if they had done what you said, just ask ala.

UT could easily buy out his contract from Liberty--some fatcat booster can pay that with pocket change.

I'm surprised it's not more, Liberty is flush with cash. Their endowment is larger than UT's.

If I'm him, I'd maybe stay at Liberty forever. They just built him a new house overlooking campus, their facilities rival a lot of P5 schools and he has a cakewalk schedule.
I think people are underestimating Liberty greatly. They have their sights set on being the Baptist Notre Dame. And the cash they've got will get them there.

If Tennessee had hired Freeze in 2018 instead of (wth in the cornbread festival going on here Pruitt) Tn would have at least have a good offense and JG would not be the QB. I would take Freeze and lose this recruiting class if there is anything left of it. Its not like they are going to be developed under Pruitt anyways

I literally typed the whole thing out, then I got it, felt stupid, and thought I'd leave it for others to get there jollies.
Well played my friend, well played.
I knew you knew as well...I too was just having fun. No need to feel stupid preacherwebb but I appreciate you being a good sport...something this board could use a lot more of for sure......I personally am glad we are only playing 10 games this season?

Reactions: preacherwebb
No one can even formally ask Liberty for permission until the last game. I know agent stuff happens.

There are no NCAA rules prohibiting AD's from contacting college coaches about a job opening at their university. AD doesnt not have to ask permission.

Freeze just inked a new deal with Liberty an hour ago. Details unknown, but speculated to be around $3 million a year.

Kiffin literally signed a 10 year deal at FAU and then took the Ole Miss job one season later. Liberty and FAU and other small schools have to offer long long deals to keep coaches chances of staying above 1%. Hugh Freeze will wind up at a big school later after this season. He prolly signed the deal with Liberty to help them out when he takes a new job so his new school will pay a nice buyout for him.

Liberty took a. big chance on him so repaying them would be signing a new deal with hefty (for the school size of Liberty) buyout that LIberty gets to cash in on.

VN Store

Back