Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
OK...we need to get some preliminary housekeeping out of the way before a coaching search series of threads begin. The first thing we must do is name ourselves after the coach we are seeking. Our haters will need something to call us, and if we don't coin it first it could go bad for us.

I submit "Freezians" as an obvious first attempt...but there is room for improvement. Feel free to include your submissions.

OK....with that out of the way, I now pronounce coach search season open! Left the merriment, good tidings, memes, and Gifs begin.

The only way another school that is searching for a coach would get Freeze over UT is the pay. Pay the man and you get him.

Sorry to hear about the autoimmune disorder. Stay safe. They can be hell. I really want Freeze as our next HC. I just don’t think Fulmer will pull the trigger right now. But...

Maybe Freeze stays at Liberty one more year and Pruitt improves a little next year. Gets a decent recruiting class and the paves the way for Freeze. Who knows??

We would be competitive this year if Pruitt would let the coaching staff spend time with Bailey. The rest of the team has played well enough to have won all but Bama. Jg sucks the life out of the team, his stupid mistakes is when everything goes sour for the rest of the team. Example we had a lead on Ga. at half time, The last half of the Ga. game and the Ky game when jg was full of mistakes turned the whole season around for the worse.

Reactions: LittleVol
We would be competitive this year if Pruitt would let the coaching staff spend time with Bailey. The rest of the team has played well enough to have won all but Bama. Jg sucks the life out of the team, his stupid mistakes is when everything goes sour for the rest of the team. Example we had a lead on Ga. at half time, The last half of the Ga. game and the Ky game when jg was full of mistakes turned the whole season around for the worse.
Theyre already letting Bailey throw off his back foot, bad habit.

Theyre already letting Bailey throw off his back foot, bad habit.
So he should only throw the ball when he can use perfect form? Man... that really makes it hard to improvise. I hope the defenses we play only rush where the QB can step straight toward the receiver with correct footwork.

So he should only throw the ball when he can use perfect form? Man... that really makes it hard to improvise. I hope the defenses we play only rush where the QB can step straight toward the receiver with correct footwork.
Bailey was barely rushed, threw a few balls with bad mechanics. Hope this doesn't continue, hes got a world of talent

I am firmly in the act now and get Freeze to Knoxville stat camp and I’m growing more entrenched there. My one worry was that I like our recruiting class and don’t want it to splinter, but now it looks like Nyland Green (a rumored silent commit) is heading elsewhere and who knows who will stick. And so, I don’t even think the recruiting class argument holds now. In the last coaching search, I believed we should’ve kicked the tires with the dream coaches quickly but then hired Mullen (despite his eccentricities) before UF was calling him as they were flirting with Chip Kelly, etc. Mullen won big at MSU and that’s hard to do. We didn’t make that play and it backfired big time. The stars don’t align too often and we now have a chance to get Freeze (who won big at Ole Miss, but not as big as Mullen) and there’s no time like now to make the move.

All we need to do is get 22,222 of us to sign up for the 190+ Dish package for 12 months and boom, the 20M is in Dish boy’s hands for the buyout.

Bailey was barely rushed, threw a few balls with bad mechanics. Hope this doesn't continue, hes got a world of talent

I don't know what game you were watching, they were rushing Bailey, he got rid of the ball much faster than jg. There were a few times Bailey completed a pass that jg would have been sacked on because of his quick release. For such little practice he has had, he did very well.

Reactions: Orange Maniac
His agent is pushing this. Using us a leverage for more $.
Yep. Unless UT channels the TN lottery towards football funds we don’t have the cash reserves to afford a change. I’d expect one more year, regardless of record. Pruitt makes it easier on himself if he starts HB to set the stage for next year.

This is being “reported” by Zach Ragan (a Vol fan, most likely) of A to Z Sports Nashville using an “industry source”. Of all the people that would actually be in the know, why would they secretly go to Zach Ragan to have him release this on a B-list website?

Edit: To call it B-list is being generous.

Last edited:
I think Pruitt gets a pass on this year no matter how bad. But I think if next year(when things may be more normal), if he flops against the "Big 3," he is gone.
By this assumption then no matter how many games he would have won this year, it wouldn’t have mattered right?

I don't know what game you were watching, they were rushing Bailey, he got rid of the ball much faster than jg. There were a few times Bailey completed a pass that jg would have been sacked on because of his quick release. For such little practice he has had, he did very well.
Oh im not saying he didnt. Not at all. I want Bailey to play.

VN Store

Back