I thought the DC is usually hired first?

most coordinators hired are hired onto an existing staff. Bill O'Brien is not bringing anyone with him to Alabama. Maryland just hired a new DC and he already has staff in place.. happens all the time
Yeah, but did those schools recently hire a new HC?

This is Tennessee, it is supposed to be a drama filled coaching search with many many irregularities and falsehoods......They will settle on a Sunseri fallback...

I'll take the job... I have no past experience and everyone may hate me in end but ill be rich. Now all is need is a Madden playbook. Any suggestions?
Blitzing 90% of the time out of a 3-3-5 formation has won me over 40 nattys on ncaa 14. Especially if you blitz the safety and CB on the edge, you get double edge pressure every time. Now go young padiwan, lead Tennessee to greatness, it’s your defense now.

No doubt Tennessee has some really bad issues; NCAA penalties, terrible history of coaching merry go round, athletes bailing out, difficult to recruit against our foes, horrendous schedule, and not a lot of coaches out there to choose from that have that "All in for Tennessee" attitude. On the flip side, we can offer; solid tradition, facilities, fans who fill a 90,000+ stadium even when we are on a losing streak, big dollar boosters, one of the better returning teams/athletes than in the past. I'm willing to give it some time. The ultimate test doesn't start until September and we have a schedule that is better than the last couple. I say we quit picking at this and that and just sit back and enjoy the ride. Support our basketball, baseball, softball, and other teams for awhile.

What we have is a potentially great AD in Danny White that absolutely has botched the whole staff search by interjecting himself into a role that should be handled by the head coach. Things are happening in reverse order and Tennessee continues to monkey #$%& the football even with the "home-run hire" AD. I honestly cannot see how any qualified candidate would give UT the time of day right now with the level of incompetence that has been shown during this process. The coaching staff should have been put together so the we at least have an opportunity to save some of our players with one foot out of the door. Any hope of optimism for Vols Football through a new regime has been squashed and we have traded one dumpster fire for another one. I'm so sick of this crap. We can't even rejoice in the ouster of a horrible coach because the replacements are proving that it MUST be something in the water. Here is an article that goes into some detail.

How Danny White has misplayed his hand during Tennessee's search for a DC

What we have is a potentially great AD in Danny White that absolutely has botched the whole staff search by interjecting himself into a role that should be handled by the head coach. Things are happening in reverse order and Tennessee continues to monkey #$%& the football even with the "home-run hire" AD. I honestly cannot see how any qualified candidate would give UT the time of day right now with the level of incompetence that has been shown during this process. The coaching staff should have been put together so the we at least have an opportunity to save some of our players with one foot out of the door. Any hope of optimism for Vols Football through a new regime has been squashed and we have traded one dumpster fire for another one. I'm so sick of this crap. We can't even rejoice in the ouster of a horrible coach because the replacements are proving that it MUST be something in the water. Here is an article that goes into some detail.

How Danny White has misplayed his hand during Tennessee's search for a DC
Tman. Chill.

You know how many games we've seen this new coaching staff coach so far?

Yep. Zero.

Let's wait to gnash our teeth until we see how they do in you know, the game of football.

Tman. Chill.

You know how many games we've seen this new coaching staff coach so far?

Yep. Zero.

Let's wait to gnash our teeth until we see how they do in you know, the game of football.
You're the one who needs to chill, 82......Tman is on spot in his analysis.....besides, he bears a striking resemblance to James Brown

Nope, this implication is once you're in the salary range it takes more then getting a little richer to entice them to move.
Looks like a rich guy wanted it after all.... shocking that someone wanted to get paid more and accept a professional challenge. I don’t know how we did it.....

You're the one who needs to chill, 82......Tman is on spot in his analysis.....besides, he bears a striking resemblance to James Brown
Really, Alvin?

What Tman posted isn't "analysis." Analysis is when you gather factual material, then break it down into its elements in order to gain meaning from it and better understand it in detail.

Tman has done almost the polar opposite. Rather than factual material, he went with unsubstantiated rumors. Rather than break it down, he has summarized (synthesis, not analysis). Rather than add understanding and meaning to the community, his clear intent is to antagonize and rile up.

No, I don't think he's spot on. Far from it. But he does bear a passing resemblance to James Brown. So he has that going for him. :)

For all we know, this DC candidate was the top pick all along and the staff has been courted based on parameters he set. No one on this board knows who was actually being pursued by the AD, only a bunch of pie in the sky baloney.

Reactions: Komodo7
Tennessee is changing the game with this hire.
iu

VN Store

Back