I think the Vols have a chance of winning this Saturday

giphy.gif
Ouch!!!!

I heard a Sports handicapper yesterday on the radio giving his picks and he said "you'd have to be brain dead to bet on Tennessee."

Reactions: FLVOL_79
ANY REAL OR SPECIFIC REASON WHY YOU THINK THAT? So why do you think they're going to grow so much in one bye week to beat UGA? o_Oo_Oo_O

I think the offensive line knows how to block for Shrout. Pocket passer.

If every drop back looks identical, no giving away who and when you throw to them, there will be separation.

His release is fast enough to live with his accuracy.

It will be a race that we cannot win running. UT D is going to give up points.
For UT to win, some points will have to be scored.

Georgia has not given up a lot of rushing touchdowns if I got my facts straight. I may not have. Maybe they are soft against the run?

If they are decent against the run, the edges are hard and nobody makes it to the corner. Our O line can’t successfully block for Mauer against that D, yet.

It starts with the DL. UGA ranks #1 in rushing yards, yards per carry, yards before contact and rushing TDs in the SEC. UT ranks 13th in rushing defense in every category except one, they are 12th. Putting UGA in 3rd and long will be key, although they have given up one sack, all year.

I can see Solomon playing inspired, Taylor played well last year, can he do it again.
Butch was so wise not to retain Pittman. BISA

Reactions: FLVOL_79
You know, I’ll say this, I think this will be a weird game. No rhythm, flat for both teams, and disruption all night long, and we will be close to pull this one out! I’ve said it all week, and I just think it is going to happen.

If Georgia's players all come down with Ebola/Hepatitis/Spanish Flu and they play their cheerleaders and the flute section from their band, maybe.

Their 2nd team is good enough to beat us.

If every drop back looks identical, no giving away who and when you throw to them, there will be separation.

Georgia has not given up a lot of rushing touchdowns if I got my facts straight. I may not have. Maybe they are soft against the run?

If they are decent against the run, the edges are hard and nobody makes it to the corner. Our O line can’t successfully block for Mauer against that D, yet.
UGA hasn't given up a rushing TD this year. They are giving up 57 yards/game, 2.3 yard average.

Reactions: VolTexas

again, 1-3 with losses against GA State and BYU versus your "think's" and "maybe's"...

Lol I'd say a 35 pt loss at the least. Depending on when Kirby calls off the dawgs

I agree, Ga can beat us pretty much as bad as they want to, if they wanted to score 70 on us they could. But Kirby is pretty conservative, so he might predominantly run the ball and not beat us near as bad as he could

Step 1 in an upset is to keep the score within striking distance until the end of the game, but that's a tall order with this team.

giphy.gif

Heard on Finebaum that UGA's starting point guard is a walk on....if the VOLs pressure him early and he gets flustered and starts turning the ball over, there could be some quick points on the fastbreak. Also, UGA is probably one of the worst FT shooting teams in the conference, and they are <20% behind the arc. That and their big man is questionable for the game Saturday. I like the VOLs in this one.
89C98C98-7D54-4B5F-AB39-B194D300D2F4.gif

Reactions: OG.V83

VN Store

Back