"I think the Hugh Freeze stuff has some legs"

Ok found what I was looking for

What went into the NCAA's ruling on Hugh Freeze?

From the article

Christopher highlighted Freeze's full cooperation during the case as well. Freeze's mitigating factors, according to the committee, were: 1) Prompt acknowledgment of the violations and acceptance of responsibility, and 2) No prior involvement with Level I, II or major violations.

So the committee believed that Freeze promoted an atmosphere of compliance. Where he tripped up, and what may ultimately lead to a suspension, was his failure to monitor.

"He did not meet the obligation in monitoring the assistant coaches and the boosters," Christopher said. "I think by looking at both aspects of head coach responsibility you get to how we tailored the penalty."

Reactions: OneVolNation
Nashville sports radio just said if Mike Locksley gets the Maryland job, Freeze will be Bama’s OC.

Seemed to indicate that was TN’s biggest obstacle to landing Freeze.

Nashville sports radio just said if Mike Locksley gets the Maryland job, Freeze will be Bama’s OC.

Big Orange Nation needs a break to finally go their way. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they hire Matt Canada lol

Reactions: BJSforVols

And locksley not talking until after sec champ game. Freeze is a long shot. Some say Briles is better choice. Tennessee has never in its history played briles or freeze brand of ball. I doubt it will change. I hope im wrong.

Yep.

I think if there isn't a deal done before the end of the weekend, it ain't happening.

Yep.

I think if there isn't a deal done before the end of the weekend, it ain't happening.
If the rumors are true and saban wants Freeze, Freeze may want to be there instead. If thats the case, we will not know until Maryland has their coach. The our coaching dominoes will fall. Freeze is probably asking to see where that goes. Pruitt still loves Alabama so he is probably allowing it

If the rumors are true and saban wants Freeze, Freeze may want to be there instead. If thats the case, we will not know until Maryland has their coach. The our coaching dominoes will fall. Freeze is probably asking to see where that goes. Pruitt still loves Alabama so he is probably allowing it

That’s an awful crazy assumption to make, just cause Pruitt is from there doesn’t mean he’s jeopardize his own coaching employment by not trying to get the best available coach for his staff.

That’d be dumb beyond any measurable means

Put yourself in a parents shoes and Freeze is sitting in your living room offering your boy a full ride to UT. What would be going through your mind?

I don't have any kids so its kinda hard for me to answer honestly, but I'm pretty sure I would care and question him about it. I know parents that would probably make a big deal about it.

Maybe you wouldn't care, and maybe a lot won't, but I just don't know that I would say none would care.

Like I said earlier, its not a deal breaker for me, but I'm not gonna act like its nothing at all.

Edit: I'll also add that my sons mom is gonna have a say in it to, ain't just my opinion.

I don't have any kids so its kinda hard for me to answer honestly, but I'm pretty sure I would care and question him about it. I know parents that would probably make a big deal about it.

Maybe you wouldn't care, and maybe a lot won't, but I just don't know that I would say none would care.

Like I said earlier, its not a deal breaker for me, but I'm not gonna act like its nothing at all.

I said a few will, I don't think many will let that be the decision maker.

VN Store

Back