I think I actually do want SC to beat Clemson this weekend

Hypocrisy at its finest. Everyone on this forum was going into SC to "hang 60" on them and boat race them for "style points". You went in there with the intention of running up the score as much as possible to impress the committee just like the Missouri game. What happened was the best example of Karma this entire football season. As some SC fans have said "Tennessee is having humble pie for Thanksgiving".
I'll take my 9-2 record over thier 7-4 record any day. That's all they'll be going forward.

USCjr will go right back to offensive ineptitude at Clempson… Book it
I've been debating internally what I'd rather see happen and I think that would make me feel even worse, I'd rather believe the light finally came on for Rattler last week and that he balls out and goes onto a long pro career. Plus my wife's family are Clemson people and their loss to South Carolina would result in fewer references to last Saturday's game throughout the holiday season. That said, I won't shed any tears if Rattler gets served up some humble pie either.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
At this point, I can care less about who wins or lose. About the only team I want to see lose right now, is Georgia. A Georgia loss won't take the sting out of what happened last Saturday, but anything that throws a wrench in their dynasty, is good for the Vols.
I live in north Georgia I do not want to see them repeat I can’t imagine how much more insufferable there fans will be if they do.

I’m for South Carolina……
Auburn, ND, Ga Tech, A&M… CHAOS!!
Plus, I want to see Dabo humiliated. He’s a bigger goob than Beamer…….and he’s former Bama.
YES! It was almost total chaos last weekend so let’s hope it continues!!totally agree on Dabo! He’s such a POSER!!!!

Our season ended last Saturday.
Doesn’t really matter what this team or that team does going forward.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! The season is far more successful than you would have ever thought! There is no way you would have thought we would have been #1 in the first CFP rankings.....or ranked in the top 10 on Thanksgiving.

Get a grip on reality. We played bad and lost a golden chance that sat in front of us, but to say the season ended is just plain dumb.

Those kind of thoughts allow the wheels to fall off and you get beat in the next 2 games........so STOP IT!!!

Very far from true. The Vandy game is big for bowl selection and the perception of this program through signing day and into the 2023 season. We had a lot of momentum entering the SC game and are at risk of losing almost all of it, which would be a shame considering all that this team has accomplished. They’ve earned the right to end on a high note and I’m pulling hard for them to do so.
Meh, I mean you’re right to a degree. That said Tennessee had it right there for them. A “major” bowl doesn’t do that much for them in recruiting imo. With playoffs no one gives a damn about the “major” bowls anymore as much.

I've been debating internally what I'd rather see happen and I think that would make me feel even worse, I'd rather believe the light finally came on for Rattler last week and that he balls out and goes onto a long pro career. Plus my wife's family are Clemson people and their loss to South Carolina would result in fewer references to last Saturday's game throughout the holiday season. That said, I won't shed any tears if Rattler gets served up some humble pie either.
Rattler really shouldn’t have to worry about being humble… he is ass… 1 game against our sorry DBs doesn’t change that

Reactions: TennVols12
The team tanked KY..
It looked like the defense tanked the SC game.
Seems similar to me.
Idk we had some guys definitely playing hard out there. We had a few that absolutely embarrassed themselves with their lack of effort. Something definitely changed in the dynamics of the team though.

The team tanked KY..
It looked like the defense tanked the SC game.
Seems similar to me.
Something was going on for sure, but I still don’t think it rose to the level of the Kentucky performance where you had players actively turning on the head coach because they didn’t want to make a bowl game and have to keep practicing.

Hear me out here…

The disaster of last weekend will live in our minds forever, akin to losing to Wyoming or Georgia State… BUT… South Carolina has a legitimate chance to finish 9-4 this year, and finish well into the Top 25.

By South Carolina standards, that’s not just a good season, that’s an “upper tier of their program’s history” season. Fun fact: South Carolina has won 8 or more games 14 times in their entire program’s history. By comparison, we’ve accomplished that 58 times in our program’s history.

I guess my point is, when we look back on this game, it will be a much easier pill to swallow if at the end of the day it was a team that ranks as one the 15 best South Carolina teams of all time, who got really hot at the end of the year and beat two Top 10 teams, rather than the absolute trash football team we perceive them as right now at this very moment.

Just my $.02

I actually do too..Makes our loss to them not look near as bad if they can upset Clemson. In saying that, it's probably not gonna happen. Anything is possible though, it's not Clemson's best team. If it was in Sandstorm Land, especially at night then most definitely. But I'm with you, plus it would drop Clemson behind us in the rankings.

VN Store

Back