I think GA peaked

Agreed. With his recruiting, he didn’t make the sec championship last year. Tbf, it was also the year they had to play Bama. You could argue that he under archives based on his recruiting. Then coincidentally Florida falls apart and fires their coach the same year they had to play Bama in the regular season. Not neither of the those have to play Bama for like 8 years.

He’d have been fired at Florida for the same results

I been thinking all year it was their offense that may trip them up. They're a elite QB away and possibly a different OC. Nothing explosive about their offense. They ran into a team that could actually block them at the LOS ...

What if the committee decides to keep Ga in the playoffs is a waste of a spot since it’s obvious they would get drilled by Alabama again. Maybe give another team a shot that we didn’t just watch get embarrassed in a championship game. Nah, let em choke against Cincinnati too.

My gut feeling is that this was GA's last shot for a long while at winning the NC. Holding together a dynasty is almost impossible. They had a perfect season and then gets smashed by Bama. My gut says they go to the playoffs and end up having to play Bama again in the semifinals or national championship game. My gut tells me they'll get smashed again. That will destroy the myth up Kirby Smart. You won't take Georgia fans long to start equating Kirby Smart with Mark "close but no cigar" Richt. They are recruiting monsters and not turn it into winning the big game on the field. With us getting better and Florida making a coaching change oh, not to mention other new players in the SEC coaching field, I have a feeling duplicating a season like they just had is going to be significantly harder.
I would love that to be the case, but you've got a bad case of wishful thinking. UGA will be the beast of the east for the foreseeable future.

To everything there is a season. While Saban's Tenure has been a huge success....the only constant is change. Change is coming, I don't know when, but it will.

It ain’t over, but if they lose again, just keep in mind they are still the 2nd best team in the whole country if not the first.

Back when they came within a few plays of a natty some moron started a thread on here about Smart “hitting his ceiling”. Pretty high ceiling.

Tennessee can beat Kentucky some of the time. Florida once a decade.
Tennessee is 82-26-9 vs Kentucky including 8 of the last 10. That's not some of the time that's pure domination.

I think Georgia took a dive. The conference gets a lot more money with 2 teams in the hunt. If Georgia had won today, bama would out for sure. Now the plan of an all sec championship game is still intact. Kirby was quoted as saying after the game, “it didn’t hurt anything”. Conference orders from the commissioner I think.
You sound like the Georgia fans on Facebook, can't accept they got a butt whooping 🤣. The saddest part of this is, we've got Tennessee fans on this site making as big excuses like this as there are uga fans on the internet.

Reactions: igotworms
What if the committee decides to keep Ga in the playoffs is a waste of a spot since it’s obvious they would get drilled by Alabama again. Maybe give another team a shot that we didn’t just watch get embarrassed in a championship game. Nah, let em choke against Cincinnati too.

You have to balance most deserving 4 teams vs best 4 teams. Georgia is easily one of the 4 best teams in the country. Take Michigan and Bama and Cincy out of it, who is best between Georgia, Notre Dame, and Baylor? No on in their right mind would say Baylor or ND would have a shot vs Georgia. So the best team weighting is heavily slanted towards Georgia. Now when it comes to most deserving, Notre Dame had its shot and lost to Cincy who is in the playoff all while Nd’s best win may be Wisconsin? Baylor lost to 5-7 TCU and then won rematch vs Okie State. Georgia lost to #3 in conference title. While I think those 3 teams “most deserving weighting” are more balanced, I just don’t see how anyone can objectively say Georgia should drop from 1 to 5 and be left out of the playoff.

Reactions: Vollifer1949
My gut feeling is that this was GA's last shot for a long while at winning the NC. Holding together a dynasty is almost impossible. They had a perfect season and then gets smashed by Bama. My gut says they go to the playoffs and end up having to play Bama again in the semifinals or national championship game. My gut tells me they'll get smashed again. That will destroy the myth up Kirby Smart. You won't take Georgia fans long to start equating Kirby Smart with Mark "close but no cigar" Richt. They are recruiting monsters and not turn it into winning the big game on the field. With us getting better and Florida making a coaching change oh, not to mention other new players in the SEC coaching field, I have a feeling duplicating a season like they just had is going to be significantly harder.
I'll trade our chances of winning a national championship with Georgia's over the next decade any day of the week.

I think if GA gets matched up with Michigan in the CFP, they're done before getting a rematch with Bama. A good defense can shut Georgia down. Michigan has a good D and the offense to beat GA. Georgia just lost their shot.

You have to balance most deserving 4 teams vs best 4 teams. Georgia is easily one of the 4 best teams in the country. Take Michigan and Bama and Cincy out of it, who is best between Georgia, Notre Dame, and Baylor? No on in their right mind would say Baylor or ND would have a shot vs Georgia. So the best team weighting is heavily slanted towards Georgia. Now when it comes to most deserving, Notre Dame had its shot and lost to Cincy who is in the playoff all while Nd’s best win may be Wisconsin? Baylor lost to 5-7 TCU and then won rematch vs Okie State. Georgia lost to #3 in conference title. While I think those 3 teams “most deserving weighting” are more balanced, I just don’t see how anyone can objectively say Georgia should drop from 1 to 5 and be left out of the playoff.
I only got to watch the 2nd half, but from what I saw Ga didn’t play that bad they just got beat by a better team. Some say it’s due to a dud at QB others say the fix was in for them to lose to get Alabama in the playoffs. Who knows? 9 out of 10 Ga loses to Alabama. Why waste the spot on them?

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Yet we have fans over here that think Kirby is garbage

UGA loses to one of the best teams in the nation, that has the unquestioned GOAT as HC, is a consistent top 5 team that wins about 11 games a year but some TN fans think Smart isn’t a good coach.

If it were not for Saban, Smart has a couple of NCs at least by now.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
I think if GA gets matched up with Michigan in the CFP, they're done before getting a rematch with Bama. A good defense can shut Georgia down. Michigan has a good D and the offense to beat GA. Georgia just lost their shot.

Michigan’s offense looks slow as does their players. Michigan doesn’t have a Bryce Young, Metchie or Williamson. They do have a good RB but they aren’t running the ball on UGA. UM hasn’t seen a defense even remotely good as UGA. On the other hand, UGA has played much better offenses like ours and Bama.

While UM has a good D, they are hit and miss and UGA has the talent to score on anyone. I don’t think UM can keep it close if they play UGA

My takeaways are:

1. I don’t care how good Georgia’s season was. The SEC East isn’t even in the same reality as the SEC West. Just my opinion but if Georgia and Alabama flipped schedules; Georgia would have 2-3 losses and Alabama would have been undefeated.

2. Kirby Smart continues to make absolutely boneheaded coaching calls in big games. Great recruiter that looks more and more like a 90’s Phil Fulmer by the day.

3. Bryce Young might be the best to ever do it at Bama.

4. A complete coaching clinic by Saban. He is the greatest to ever do it and it can’t be denied.

Michigan’s offense looks slow as does their players. Michigan doesn’t have a Bryce Young, Metchie or Williamson. They do have a good RB but they aren’t running the ball on UGA. UM hasn’t seen a defense even remotely good as UGA. On the other hand, UGA has played much better offenses like ours and Bama.

While UM has a good D, they are hit and miss and UGA has the talent to score on anyone. I don’t think UM can keep it close if they play UGA
I don't think I agree with this. Michigan matches up well with UGA. They can bring pressure and Bennett is a liability if he can't just sit back there. Watching him throw a downfield ball is almost funny and take away the TE and UGA is in trouble. Haskins is legit and that guy sure isn't slow and looks to be the best back in NCAA at this point. Dominated Iowa and Ohio State and these are two teams that are solid but inconsistent. Not a Michigan fan, but I wouldn't count them out and I definitely wouldn't call them slow. Stable program with a good coach and roster equals success.

I think Georgia took a dive. The conference gets a lot more money with 2 teams in the hunt. If Georgia had won today, bama would out for sure. Now the plan of an all sec championship game is still intact. Kirby was quoted as saying after the game, “it didn’t hurt anything”. Conference orders from the commissioner I think.

That's ludicrous. The team with the better coach, much better QB, and equal caliber of players won. Bottom line.

It ain’t over, but if they lose again, just keep in mind they are still the 2nd best team in the whole country if not the first.

Back when they came within a few plays of a natty some moron started a thread on here about Smart “hitting his ceiling”. Pretty high ceiling.

Tennessee can beat Kentucky some of the time. Florida once a decade.
Nick Saban made an azz out of Smart last night. I felt kinda dirty pulling for Bama but hopefully we get a better bowl invite because of their win. Plus having 2 SEC teams in the playoffs pizzes off the yankee conference’s so I’ve gotta love that to. Lol

Their so called great defense played one of the weakest schedule I have ever seen in the SEC.
View attachment 417825
But they were still dominant and completely shutdown Clemson. The only game they were not dominant was last night and that is because of Saban and Young. They are likely the 2nd best team in the country. With that being said I still believe they may lose their first playoff game because their egos and confidence may be severely bruised after the beat down last night.

VN Store

Back