I think GA peaked

they held on every play....sure they threw a little laundry just to keep it from looking so obvious.......the fix was in....no doubt about it.......the SEC front office is incredibly biased toward bammer and their 100 year old bald-headed coach

There's no point discussing the game with someone who didn't watch it. Have a good night.

Only some of the time, huh? You mean like 34 out of the last 37?

This should be Georgia's year, and it still might be, but they got their butts kicked today at a neutral site by an Alabama team that has been anything but dominant. Smart deserves some heat for this. That was a pathetic showing by his defense. If you can't handle reading it, then you should go somewhere UGA fans are making excuses. Basically, any Georgia fan message board.

watch Dr Lous post game report. He basically outlines it perfectly unless he changes QBs Georgia’s season is already over.

Smart is a solid coach. People pretending that he isn't are kidding themselves. He won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Reactions: sunnyvol79
Georgia ain't going anywhere. Now, this was a better Georgia team than previous Georgia teams. But, they're loaded into the future.

And they're better than they were under Richt. There's no question about that.

The step Georgia has to take is they have to get a top tier QB.

But, I can't bury a program who's big sin right now is that they can't beat Alabama and Nick Saban.

He's 56-10 in the last 5 seasons. 56-6 against everyone not named Alabama.

I hate Georgia. It was great to see them lose. But, damn near every program in America would love to be in their shoes right now.
Kirby is an amazing recruiter, I would love to have their talent and depth. BUT, he just gets out-coached when he can't out-talent teams, but there's only about 2-3 teams a season that have had similar talent levels the past few years, so they won't have to face that too often.

There's no point discussing the game with someone who didn't watch it. Have a good night.
watched every play.......rewatched it........GA didn't try to win; they were told not to win.........disgraceful what the SEC front office will do for money

watched every play.......rewatched it........GA didn't try to win; they were told not to win.........disgraceful what the SEC front office will do for money
I could see this in a way. It was obvious with 5 mind left sitting with 3 timeouts. They just stopped trying. He never used a timeout until there was only 2 mins left in the game. Yes they want 2 sec teams in the playoffs. It's all about the all mighty $$$!

I wouldn't count on that. UGA has the easiest recruiting situation in the country. They are the only real football program in a talent rich state with LOTS of homers. I personally don't think Smart is good enough on gameday to consistently win big games vs well coached and equally (or close) talented teams... but barring utter incompetence they'll ALWAYS have tons of talent.

Stetson Bennett was always going to be their downfall.

Kirby should have put JT in when he was ready because he has a higher ceiling.

Offense just isn't explosive enough with the postman

Reactions: LTVol and sjt18
The internet has become such a haven for illogical cynicism, that a majority of posters will probably agree with this tripe without a moment's hesitation for the intervention of some rational thought. Conspiracy theories have expanded beyond politics and government and now permeate all walks of life... even college athletics.

Only one enormous problem with that:

Bama seems to have gotten better and Georgia seems to have maintained. We’ll see if the extra practices change anything but If he trots ole Bennett back out that trophy case stays the same: empty
He may be pressured to start JT Daniels, but that will lead to worse results. Daniels is a statue back there. Bama will tee off.

My gut feeling is that this was GA's last shot for a long while at winning the NC. Holding together a dynasty is almost impossible. They had a perfect season and then gets smashed by Bama. My gut says they go to the playoffs and end up having to play Bama again in the semifinals or national championship game. My gut tells me they'll get smashed again. That will destroy the myth up Kirby Smart. You won't take Georgia fans long to start equating Kirby Smart with Mark "close but no cigar" Richt. They are recruiting monsters and not turn it into winning the big game on the field. With us getting better and Florida making a coaching change oh, not to mention other new players in the SEC coaching field, I have a feeling duplicating a season like they just had is going to be significantly harder.
I think the NC this year comes down to seeding. Presumably we're now looking at Michigan, Cincy, Bama, and UGA. Whoever gets Cincy advances.... and I hope it puts an end to the romance the media has with getting G-5 schools into the playoff. By my count, Fickell has now beaten 16 teams with a winning record in 5 years. I think 5 of them came this year. UGA and Bama just dominated in a league where 13/14 teams are bowl eligible. You shouldn't get in the playoff unless you've played someone. I don't blame them. They beat the teams on their schedule and don't have complete control over their schedule. But that shouldn't qualify them for the playoff.

So Cincy's opponent advances while the other two beat each other to a pulp.

Reactions: BigOrangeutan
Georgia is still a million dollar QB away from competing with Alabama.

Cincy has no business in the playoffs. If the playoff committee can't find at least a dozen teams that are better than the Bearcats they should resign and go home.

Mickey Mouse has way too much say in the future of college football.

They have the #1 class by a mile and will probably get 7 more once they start handing out git shirts. Kirby may never win a championship but UGA has the talent to run the East for the foreseeable future.

They have the #1 class by a mile and will probably get 7 more once they start handing out git shirts. Kirby may never win a championship but UGA has the talent to run the East for the foreseeable future.
They only have the #1 class because they've signed about 5 more players than Bama and A&M. I wouldnt be surprised if they both don't jump them.

They only have the #1 class because they've signed about 5 more players than Bama and A&M. I wouldnt be surprised if they both don't jump them.
Committed. LOIs can't be signed for a few more weeks.
What you see now is not always what you get.

Bryce Young 41 Stetson Bennett 24... Hard to believe this is Young's first year starting. The QB play was the difference in the game. I've read so many times how Saban is too old and would probably retire when he lost this game. I think this was his 8th time at beating a #1 team. He lives for these games. Alabama is a young team and should be much better next year. (sad to say). As for GA it's rumored that Daniels and Smart haven't spoken in almost 6 weeks. He better figure something out.

Reactions: kcvols1
Committed. LOIs can't be signed for a few more weeks.
What you see now is not always what you get.
I realize that. The post said they had the #1 class by a mile. I'm sure he was talking about committed since players can't sign yet.

It ain’t over, but if they lose again, just keep in mind they are still the 2nd best team in the whole country if not the first.

Back when they came within a few plays of a natty some moron started a thread on here about Smart “hitting his ceiling”. Pretty high ceiling.

Tennessee can beat Kentucky some of the time. Florida once a decade.
Some of the time my ass!! How many wins does Kentucky have against UT in the last 50 years?

Reactions: CornDontGrow
I realize that. The post said they had the #1 class by a mile. I'm sure he was talking about committed since players can't sign yet.
Your reply quote..."because they SIGNED about 5 more players than Bama and A&M"
I am glad you are sure what the other guy was talking about. I remain unsure about what you are talking about.

Your reply quote..."because they SIGNED about 5 more players than Bama and A&M"
I am glad you are sure what the other guy was talking about. I remain unsure about what you are talking about.
I will repeat it for you again since it went over your head. His quote "They have the #1 class by a mile " but that doesnt mean next month. He was referring to where they currently stand. Sorry it was so complicated for you.

VN Store

Back