I surrender (To the extremely irrational portion of our fan base)

Another myth. Tennessee produced 12 blue chips from 2015-2019. Texas produced 48. Tennessee high school football isn't that good if he measure is the number of blue chips. GA and FL rank far higher. UT MUST be able to recruit GA and hasn't.

Phil was smart in that he recruited SoCal when they were on probation.
Maybe that's changing. We've pretty much staked our flag in Merietta. Can't lie tho, I'm a little worried about how this season plays out and effects the commits we've already got.

These threads have always been full of armchair coach's that know more than the people paid to do the job. At some point you have to step back from the coach bashing and see that the players for the most part are not very good. Yes there are two or three SEC players above the sophomore level but that's all. Bitch about coaching all you wish but the coach is not the one on the field executing plays. Now should the coach bench many of these half assed self centered players? Your dang right but how can he do that with unproven guys below. It makes me want to hurl when one of these guys makes one decent play and struts around like a chicken then gets to the camera and folds his arms. If I were the coach that players happy ass would ride the bench after a stunt like that.. Butttt nooooooooo old guy you just do not understand young people these days. Well by gosh I understand the difference between a group of guys on a field and a team pulling together. That left when they fired Fulmer and hired Kiffin who let these guys just do as they please. Until players start playing for each other and the team you could dig up Bear Bryant and he could not win with this bunch.
Good example of this is what Dabo has done at Clemson.

One thing glaringly obvious. No matter what path is taken, there is no quick fix. I didn’t think there was a quick fix when Hoke was interim coach. Schiano? Let’s not pick at that scab, but I’d say if he was head coaching material, he’d be one now and he’s not. Lots of mistakes made by the administration in the last 5 years. Do you buy out another coach and go through an agonizing search again or do you stick with Pruitt and staff. At this point, it’s like deciding to pick up a turd on the cleanest end.

This season is already toast. Treat it like a preseason NFL game - evaluate young talent- get them meaningful snaps, cull the herd, and look to the future.

Dude. I live in Georgia. And yes, UGA fired Richt, the most successful coach in GA history except for Dooley to aim higher. But they did it off a solid base. They always had talent and recruited well. Kirby brought them structure.

Newsflash. Had Richt LISTENED to Pruitt, he'd still be there. But he didn't want the discipline or the accountability to manage his program.

Re Alabama, you don't have the whole story. Yes, they fired coaches right and left. But when Saban took over he told Bama point blank, "I run football. Not Paul Bryant's son. Or Bill Battle. Or any of the alumni. Me. Fire me if I don't win. But get out of my office."

They did. UT? The Haslam's still call the shots. UT is dysfunctional. Fulmer is trying bring order to the chaos. Let him.
A very accurate assessment. Especially the Bama part. I am under the impression Fulmer isn’t under the Haslams spell. Am I wrong?

Uh. Have you seen Pruitt's recruiting rankings the last two years. I think "damn good recruiters" is a large exaggerated stretch. He has been middle of the pack in the SEC truth be told. IMO the brand is enough to get you middle of the pack.
Oh right, because those recruiting rankings tell the whole story. We've got three coaches on our staff that have won recruiter of the year. Pruitt, Tee, and now Neids. You mean to tell me they don't have an eye for talent? Please, the players he's brought in are obviously more talented than Butch's so called top recruits with the exception of a few.

Firing Pruitt makes this roster worse not better. You fire him and your recruiting class goes to crap. Some DA fans truly believe Urban Meyer or the like is going to come to Tennessee, it will be another Butch Jones type that you want to run off after one season.

What are you on OP??

We didn't cut every other coach after 1.5 years when they tried to turn this crap around.

Pruitt would be the only recent coach to only make it 1.5 years if we fired him today.

If you can't beat Georgia State and BYU your second year you've got to go!! Any other coach we bring on surely could beat those type of teams thus they wouldn't be fired in 1.5 years like your crazy post suggests.

If you're too much of a panzy to not change QBs when it's blatantly obvious you should, and you lose to Georgia State and BYU back to back at HOME in your SECOND year, you should be fired on the spot.

You're wrong in assuming other coaches would fear job security within 2 years. There's things called stipulations. If any new coach can beat rinky dink teams (which they should if they have any COACHING EXPERIENCE) while showing some signs of improvement then he more than likely will be in the clear.

Well. We did pay $950,000 for our first loss this year.If we could’ve Saved that embarrassment, we would only need 9,050,000 more dollars.

Last edited:
Relax - there are a few that always campaign for a coaching change. At the end of the day we dont need it (yet) ....all we need is a few more successful legit, recruiting seasons. We gotta cycle out the Sunbelt players we seem to have been fielding the past several years. Playing the highly rated recruits (EARLY) that have been brought in the past couple of years will go a long way with future recruits. The message: Playing time is available early at Tennessee if you are good enough....
Well, we lost our first game to Sunbelt players!!

After reading the bile spewed bay a portion of our supposed "fans", I surrender to your "logic" and propose this. I hope they give you guys what you want and fire Pruitt today. Give this year's team over to whichever interim coach to completely obliterate the rest of the year. When we have another large buyout to reduce the available liquidity for a coaching search and we receive even less interest from the "established" coaches community than before. I will laugh at those of you that wail and gnash your teeth as the team I love plummets into the Gehenna that awaits it. No coach with any potential would touch this program knowing that the have the potential of a less than 1.5 year turn around requirement.

When that happens, none of the miserable members of this fan base will have any right to type a single sentence of protest involving the inevitable outcome.

(Sorry to those this does not apply to, just expressing my venom at the ones who have no comprehension of reality.)
Although I agree that he shouldn't be fired, nobody expected him to turn it around in under 1.5 years. All we asked is that we'd see some improvement this year, and he lost tom GSU. That's unacceptable, and fireable under most conditions. But given our condition, I agree our best option is to give some more time and see what he can do rest of this season, and the next.

Short term thinking.

Pruitt should not have beaten Auburn last year and finished 2-10. Then, he could finish 3-9 this year and you'd claim "improvement".

There's a hard reality here. UT hasn't been ready for SEC competition for 12 or more years. You can choose to suck it up and do what's necessary or you can go for the heroin and the joy of the quick result. One is for lasting success where the other wears off.
Ummm.Georgia st and BYU aren't sec teams., obviously Pruitt doesn't have them ready to play anybody.

SIGH!!!!! I'm going to self medicate. Put four drops of citrus sinensis oil in a hanky to sniff periodically. Play horsey with Shirley until she's happy and relaxed too.

HappyPills.jpgOrangeOil.jpg

And you loved that Bum, Butch Jones, right up until the day he was canned.

Same for Dooley.

You’ve never seen a coach that you didn’t want to give more time to, and then you develop dementia after they’re canned, pretending you knew it all along.

Rinse and repeat.
I am a Tennessee fan and support the football team and coaches until they have had enough time to prove they can or can not do the job. The football program has not been good for 10-12 years and the Administration has tried to hire proven football coaches. Those good coaches chosen have not to take the job. The quality of recruits have not been competitive with the leaders in the SEC and the quality of the football team has not been very good. I be;ieve that Pruitt has shown that he can recruit better football players and he should have the opportunity and time to succee or fail. Posters like your make the difficult job even more difficult and then you rasie you ugly head and want to clean house again start the process all over again. That will never work. Maybe you and others should get off their high-horses and let the system work out.Knee jerk reactions seldom are successful as we have witnessed over the last 10 years.

Reactions: FBtime

VN Store

Back