I surrender (To the extremely irrational portion of our fan base)

Pride85

After reading the bile spewed bay a portion of our supposed "fans", I surrender to your "logic" and propose this. I hope they give you guys what you want and fire Pruitt today. Give this year's team over to whichever interim coach to completely obliterate the rest of the year. When we have another large buyout to reduce the available liquidity for a coaching search and we receive even less interest from the "established" coaches community than before. I will laugh at those of you that wail and gnash your teeth as the team I love plummets into the Gehenna that awaits it. No coach with any potential would touch this program knowing that the have the potential of a less than 1.5 year turn around requirement.

When that happens, none of the miserable members of this fan base will have any right to type a single sentence of protest involving the inevitable outcome.

(Sorry to those this does not apply to, just expressing my venom at the ones who have no comprehension of reality.)

After reading the bile spewed bay a portion of our supposed "fans", I surrender to your "logic" and propose this. I hope they give you guys what you want and fire Pruitt today. Give this year's team over to whichever interim coach to completely obliterate the rest of the year. When we have another large buyout to reduce the available liquidity for a coaching search and we receive even less interest from the "established" coaches community than before. I will laugh at those of you that wail and gnash your teeth as the team I love plummets into the Gehenna that awaits it. No coach with any potential would touch this program knowing that the have the potential of a less than 1.5 year turn around requirement.

When that happens, none of the miserable members of this fan base will have any right to type a single sentence of protest involving the inevitable outcome.

(Sorry to those this does not apply to, just expressing my venom at the ones who have no comprehension of reality.)
The 2019 football season is already horribly effed up and Tennessee will be very lucky to win 3 games. Tennessee wouldn't be any worse off with an interim head coach for the rest of the 2019 season.

The 2019 football season is already horribly effed up and Tennessee will be very lucky to win 3 games. Tennessee wouldn't be any worse off with an interim head coach for the rest of the 2019 season.

Short term thinking.

Pruitt should not have beaten Auburn last year and finished 2-10. Then, he could finish 3-9 this year and you'd claim "improvement".

There's a hard reality here. UT hasn't been ready for SEC competition for 12 or more years. You can choose to suck it up and do what's necessary or you can go for the heroin and the joy of the quick result. One is for lasting success where the other wears off.

Short term thinking.

Pruitt should not have beaten Auburn last year and finished 2-10. Then, he could finish 3-9 this year and you'd claim "improvement".

There's a hard reality here. UT hasn't been ready for SEC competition for 12 or more years. You can choose to suck it up and do what's necessary or you can go for the heroin and the joy of the quick result. One is for lasting success where the other wears off.
I guess you want Jeremy Pruitt for 2-3 more seasons and the 2-3 more losing seasons that would likely come with that

Why are you mad at the fans for being upset that we are 0-2 after playing Georgia State and BYU?

We've paid Pruitt almost $8 million dollars, and he hasn't had the team prepared to even compete with the bottom of the Sunbelt. He deserves all the criticism he's getting and more, and he should be afraid of losing his job, so far he's been pretty horrible at it.

Correct. Please, see my comment to the future is bright for vols thread.

I don’t know man I mean most of the people who got what they wanted with Butch by giving him 5 full years are still on this board posting all the time. I mean they were horribly horribly wrong and allowing butch that extra year completely destroyed this program, yet those fans are still as loud and vocal as ever. Why if what you said actually plays out should the so called negative nancies not still be allowed to speak their minds?

I don’t care if they fire Pruitt right now or keep him for 10 years. I just want to see an improved Tennessee football team that beats teams they are better than.

If that takes firing Pruitt.....do it
If that takes keeping him.....do it

Just heck show me something........anything.

Why are you mad at the fans for being upset that we are 0-2 after playing Georgia State and BYU?

We've paid Pruitt almost $8 million dollars, and he hasn't had the team prepared to even compete with the bottom of the Sunbelt. He deserves all the criticism he's getting and more, and he should be afraid of losing his job, so far he's been pretty horrible at it.
Sadly, I cant think of a coach that has done a worse job. Can you?

I guess you want Jeremy Pruitt for 2-3 more seasons and the 2-3 more losing seasons that would likely come with that

I get a kick out of all the professionals on this board, many of which have run nothing as complicated as a convenience store, opining how to run a multi hundred million dollar operation.

Yes, I have no problem if JP loses this year. Or next for that matter.

The goal has to be the return to long-term competitiveness. Alabama thinks like that. Georgia does too now that Kirby is there. UT thinks in terms of "this year" and seem surprised when they bet it all, like Butch did, and left the cupboard bare for the future.

Alabama spent 10 years in a lost decade after Stallings before finding their footing again. UT will be fine. Trust the process. You have two natty winners in the club and a football man running the show. I predict UT to be competitive in 2-3 years. Because that's what it's going to take.

I can see your point here, but what happens when we lose the 2020 recruits? Botch the next coaching search? Do you really think another coach will miraculously turn the program around in a season? I'm no psychic, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the result would spell catastrophe. Please enlighten me though.

I can see your point here, but what happens when we lose the 2020 recruits? Botch the next coaching search? Do you really think another coach will miraculously turn the program around in a season? I'm no psychic, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the result would spell catastrophe. Please enlighten me though.
We will in my opinion lose the 2020 recruits if Tennessee finishes 2-10 which is very possible. A 2-10 season this season and a 3-4 win season in 2020 would eff up Tennessee football recruiting for years to come in my opinion.

GiftedSparseAustraliankestrel-max-1mb.gif

I remember our last coaching search and what a laughing stock we were when coach after coach after coach turned us down. Who do those that want to fire CJP think we could get? SMDH! We're only 2 games into CJP's 2nd season. Give the man a chance FFS!

GBO!!!
:cool:

I get a kick out of all the professionals on this board, many of which have run nothing as complicated as a convenience store, opining how to run a multi hundred million dollar operation.

The goal has to be the return to long-term competitiveness. Alabama thinks like that. Georgia does too now that Kirby is there. UT thinks in terms of "this year" and seem surprised when they bet it all, like Butch did, and left the cupboard bare for the future.

Alabama spent 10 years in a lost decade after Stallings before finding their footing again. UT will be fine. Trust the process. You have two natty winners in the club and a football man running the show. I predict UT to be competitive in 2-3 years. Because that's what it's going to take.
Dude Georgia fired a 9 win a year coach to get a new one and I live in south ga, trust me if Kirby didn’t start winning at a high level immediately they were about to start getting rabid.. Bama did go through the same kind of thing as us and you know what eventually brought them back? It was filtering through coaches until they got the right one. It was not holding on to any of the losers they hired before Saban.

With all due respect, that's non-sense. You can't argue Pruitts players aren't among the best on the field. Im not saying he is the guy, but we have a good cast of coaches who simply didn't forget how to coach coming to UT. A lot of the players are freshman who will continue to gain experience into next season. I don't think HB is going anywhere, and if he's as special as he seems, we'll only go up. That's if he starts and succeeds. If that happens, our offense will be dangerous. However, if JG stays put, then yeah I'm with ya and we're screwed either way.

Reactions: TNDeb3 and Pride85
Thank you for your reply, but this thread is only for the irrational on this board. Logic is not allowed.

Reactions: illvol

I'm going to be most fans didn't expect us to be winning the SEC this year, let alone the SEC East, but I'm going to bet they expected us to be at least 3-0 heading into the FL game. That shouldn't have been that hard of a goal to achieve.

Do competative coaches shy away from a challenge or a disastrous AD and a program not dedicated to winning football?

Reactions: Rocky Top Raby
Dude Georgia fired a 9 win a year coach to get a new one and I live in south ga, trust me if Kirby didn’t start winning at a high level immediately they were about to start getting rabid.. Bama did go through the same kind of thing as us and you know what eventually brought them back? It was filtering through coaches until they got the right one. It was not holding on to any of the losers they hired before Saban.

Dude. I live in Georgia. And yes, UGA fired Richt, the most successful coach in GA history except for Dooley to aim higher. But they did it off a solid base. They always had talent and recruited well. Kirby brought them structure.

Newsflash. Had Richt LISTENED to Pruitt, he'd still be there. But he didn't want the discipline or the accountability to manage his program.

Re Alabama, you don't have the whole story. Yes, they fired coaches right and left. But when Saban took over he told Bama point blank, "I run football. Not Paul Bryant's son. Or Bill Battle. Or any of the alumni. Me. Fire me if I don't win. But get out of my office."

They did. UT? The Haslam's still call the shots. UT is dysfunctional. Fulmer is trying bring order to the chaos. Let him.

VN Store

Back