I still don't understand all the animosity toward Butch Jones

Didn’t see where the “Thanks but no thanks” quote from Butch happened...so it didn’t help.

If that what makes or breaks the rumor, lore, hearsay etc........for you...........ok. It feels true because Butch was an idiot, he basically lost 3 premier players because of his stupid antics.

Go Vols!!

If that what makes or breaks the rumor, lore, hearsay etc........for you...........ok. It feels true because Butch was an idiot, he basically lost 3 premier players because of his stupid antics.

Go Vols!!
No one’s arguing that Butch turned the program into an environment in which Lawrence and Etienne would want to sign on...he didn’t. Hence the hard pass from THEM. Not sure where the opposite narrative originated. BUTCH didn’t have the option of saying “thanks but no thanks”. Lawrence, Etienne and Tee Higgins did those honors. Not FOR ME...for reality.

Last edited:
He was the HC for record wise the worst team in Tennessee history. He wasted one of the most talented teams we’ve had in in 20 years. All he could get out them was a mediocre bowl wins. I understand the lack of love, I don’t get folks saying he was worse than Dooley.... Dooley was and still is the worst HC in the history of Tennessee football.

Here is Etienne's quote: "Honestly, I didn’t. I grew up a Tennessee Volunteer fan,” Etienne said on Saturday during his latest CFP media availability. "

Trevor's quote: "I was a Tennessee fan. My mom’s family is from Tennessee. So growing up that’s the only thing I really knew was Tennessee football,” Lawrence said. “Watch them all the time. I think when I got middle school or high school kind of started just I guess when I got offers and stuff I kind of quit being a fan.”

A final thought on why UT lost them: "Similar to Etienne’s comment, Lawrence noted that once he started visiting Butch Jones’ Tennessee program during his recruitment, his interest in the Volunteer program began to wane."

I hope this helps, it wasn't hard to find.

Go Vols!
That quote shows that Lawrence's interest waned, not Butch's. I don't dispute that Lawrence was a lifelong Vol fan, but there is no indication that Butch turned him away. He did worse. He demonstrated that he and his staff were obviously incompetent

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyFishnVol
He was the HC for record wise the worst team in Tennessee history. He wasted one of the most talented teams we’ve had in in 20 years. All he could get out them was a mediocre bowl wins. I understand the lack of love, I don’t get folks saying he was worse than Dooley.... Dooley was and still is the worst HC in the history of Tennessee football.
Dooley only won 4 games his last season. And if he had coached against Kentucky instead of Chaney?

Reactions: NighthawkVol

having to pick between Dooley and Jones as to who is the worst leader in the history seems to be similar to some political decisions that have to be made...:p

having to pick between Dooley and Jones as to who is the worst leader in the history seems to be similar to some political decisions that have to be made...:p
Go with the better bowl record...helps with the bile.

Reactions: FlyFishnVol
I know, I know, beating a dead horse. But, what in the hell are the Jones' doing still living in Knoxville? Seriously.
Tuscaloosa must suck worse than i thought that you would chose to live in the town where you a disgrace.
Sorry, just had a run in with these losers and had to get that off my chest.

I know, I know, beating a dead horse. But, what in the hell are the Jones' doing still living in Knoxville? Seriously.
Tuscaloosa must suck worse than i thought that you would chose to live in the town where you a disgrace.
Mr Leader but No One Follows, Capt Newmoney spiked the ball in the endzone, cause he'd never been there. He bought the biggest house he could afford.

Prob drives a F350 dually.

Who TF cares? It’s a big enough city! My liberal niece has a masters from UT and hates the football program...plenty of room.

You just had "a run in" with who? Butch Jones's family? Are you at liberty to tell us about it? Sounds interesting.

You just had "a run in" with who? Butch Jones's family? Are you at liberty to tell us about it? Sounds interesting.
It’s really not that interesting. It wasn’t confrontational if that’s what your thinking. I was just shocked to learn they are still living here.

Let’s just say I didn’t ask for the dip recipe.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Who TF cares? It’s a big enough city! My liberal niece has a masters from UT and hates the football program...plenty of room.
I had to remove my “blocked content” to see this. Now I remember why I blocked you.
Obviously I care or I wouldnt have posted. Funny from a guy that has “Butch” in his screen name.

So, your niece is robbing the university of millions? Hardly comparable. No one knows who your niece dipstick. Back on block!!

Reactions: SmokyRiverDog
I had to remove my “blocked content” to see this. Now I remember why I blocked you.
Obviously I care or I wouldnt have posted. Funny from a guy that has “Butch” in his screen name.

So, your niece is robbing the university of millions? Hardly comparable. No one knows who your niece dipstick. Back on block!!
It’s a screen name. I’m saying you’re not going to get competing athletic programs on the same page. Now off with you in trying to run undesirable families out of town. Proud to be on your block list. You’re a very detestable sort. 😏

Reactions: DustyRockSolid
It’s a screen name. I’m saying you’re not going to get competing athletic programs on the same page. Now off with you in trying to run undesirable families out of town. Proud to be on your block list. You’re a very detestable sort. 😏
You're absolutely on fire today. If I ever see you in person, expect a handshake and high five. Possibly some well rehearsed verbal praise. Might start a local chapter of the butchna fan club. You collect dues yearly or monthly?

Reactions: butchna
You're absolutely on fire today. If I ever see you in person, expect a handshake and high five. Possibly some well rehearsed verbal praise. Might start a local chapter of the butchna fan club. You collect dues yearly or monthly?
One time lump sum payment with a 3% discount for my fans...which constitutes...you. 😉

One time lump sum payment with a 3% discount for my fans...which constitutes...you. 😉
Sounds fair. I will spread word of your victories in battle and sing the songs of your people. We shall grow in numbers to celebrate you and enrage your naysayers. Soon.

Reactions: butchna
Butch was fired and replaced before the full schedual was played

Butchna clubs better be stocked up on fine bourbon and Cuban cigars. No lame azz Budweiser zero or vape pens. @butchna

I got more animosity towards Derek Dooley 3 straight losing seasons and didn’t recruit one offensive lineman in a class. Also dragging that ceramic dog around practice the hideous orange pants he was a bigger embarrassment and loser than Butch at least we won 3 straight bowl games under Butch and were ranked in the top ten at one point.

Getting caught on a hot mic cursing the fans in Neyland didn't help.

Having so much attrition of good players didn't help.

Smoking a stogie in Neyland 11mos after decimating the prog didn't help.

Squatting at our #1 rival while eating an entire buyout didnt help.

Ending his tenure with a decimated roster didnt help.

... just off top of my head.
And humiliating players in public settings. Showman who could recruit and sell and not gameday coach nor develop players. Witnessing in person the second half fetal position coaching during the 2015 Florida game in Gainesville did it for me

Reactions: livefaith

VN Store

Back