I repeat: CCC

I dispute the lots of talent, no offense. When you’re giving a scholly to a player who was there before, something went seriously wrong in your talent acquisition.

Also, in his defense, Tillman was their MVP.

Not saying he’s a good coach, but I’ll judge him on the season outcome rather than this game (admittedly probably around .500, based on talent).

Cuanzo Can't Coach. Lots of talent, again. No halftime adjustments. No offensive game plan. Can't score. Even with 19 Vol turnovers, Mizzou can muster only 59 pts.

I don't think he has a lot of talent on the team. Over time this is what you get with Martin. He knows it and that is why he's tried to stay ahead of the posey.

He’s not a good coach though.

I thought he did a heck of a job tonight......maybe not so much if I were a Missouri fan......but really....who IS a Missouri fan?

I don’t dislike him, I’m just glad he coaches for Mizzou and Tennessee has Barnes.

Reactions: IndyVol46
Idk why this fan base seems to dislike him so much. Am I glad we have CRB instead of Martin, yes?

Still think he was a good coach though and nothing bad to say about his character either.
I agree that he is a decent character guy but for the life of me I don't see where anybody sees any evidence that he is a good coach. The only thing he does well is coach half court defense.

Idk why this fan base seems to dislike him so much. Am I glad we have CRB instead of Martin, yes?

Still think he was a good coach though and nothing bad to say about his character either.
I think his character is great, and that's something I respect. From a coaching standpoint, I disagree completely.

I agree with LA Martin can't coach, when he was hired @ Tenn I thought great hire...….. we know how that went and doesn't look like he has changed anything.

Agree. For the life of me, I don't understand why he doesn't hire an assistant that can coach offense.

Defensively they throttled us for a while. But then again that's us. Plus, we knew CCM could coach a gritty defensive team.

Mizzou didn't look all that talented to me. Can't believe they gave him a contract that literally forbids them from firing him without cause until the end of next year.

Mizzou didn't look all that talented to me. Can't believe they gave him a contract that literally forbids them from firing him without cause until the end of next year.
Where else would he survive the empty seats? Needs to find another simmons to fill er up.

I am glad he is at MO and not at UT. He will get mad and leave MO soon.
Oh, the wolves are howling there in Como. He's definitely on the hot seat, at least if you hear the local chatter. 8600 fans there last night and that was announced attendance, so likely no more than 6-7,000 butts in the seats.

He will claim he felt threatened by the fanbase and leave. Its what he does.

He comes across as a good guy with a good backstory...NBA player, cancer survivor......But he is not an elite coach and never will be. He is borderline average at best.

Oh, the wolves are howling there in Como. He's definitely on the hot seat, at least if you hear the local chatter. 8600 fans there last night and that was announced attendance, so likely no more than 6-7,000 butts in the seats.
They can't fire him until the end of next season without cause. It's not because of a high buyout. There's actually a clause in the contract forbidding Mizzou from firing him without cause before then.

I don't see the talent he has a couple guys that are decent. I thought their defense was really good for parts of the game. He doesn't seem to be recruiting very well up there so expect he will be out of a job in a couple years.

He will claim he felt threatened by the fanbase and leave. Its what he does.

He comes across as a good guy with a good backstory...NBA player, cancer survivor......But he is not an elite coach and never will be. He is borderline average at best.
Surviving cancer doesn’t make you a good person (see Lance Armstrong). Cuonzo is aloof and distant. If he were a great coach it would be one thing, but he’s not great. I told everybody that his time at UT would be his high water mark. He’s the black Jerry Green.

Reactions: gule

VN Store

Back