I remember when

I remember when UHF was considered new-fangled, and if you didn't tune in at the time an event was broadcast live, you didn't see it. All you could do was read, listen, or watch reports about it. I remember when postage stamps cost a nickel and Coca Colas out of the vending machines cost a dime. I remember when there wasn't a measles vaccine for parents to eschew. I remember when the very first flavored Frito was introduced (BBQ in 1965)...

Bunch of whippersnappers...

Reactions: bullet20
I remember when UHF was considered new-fangled, and if you didn't tune in at the time an event was broadcast live, you didn't see it. All you could do was read, listen, or watch reports about it. I remember when postage stamps cost a nickel and Coca Colas out of the vending machines cost a dime. I remember when there wasn't a measles vaccine for parents to eschew. I remember when the very first flavored Frito was introduced (BBQ in 1965)...

Bunch of whippersnappers...
I remember riding in a cotton wagon pulled by mules to the gin in town. I remember when cokes were a nickel. 1st gas price I remember was 32.9 cents per gallon. I can’t remember what I had for breakfast though.

I remember when cokes were a nickel.
In a vending machine? Must have been one of these
300553560437.jpg

I remember riding in a cotton wagon pulled by mules to the gin in town. I remember when cokes were a nickel. 1st gas price I remember was 32.9 cents per gallon. I can’t remember what I had for breakfast though.
Hey Tin Man I also remember going to my cousins house to play with them when they had the measles. I was so I would catch it to and go ahead and get it over with before school started back. I worked too. Lol

Reactions: vols40 and Tin Man
Hey Tin Man I also remember going to my cousins house to play with them when they had the measles. I was so I would catch it to and go ahead and get it over with before school started back. I worked too. Lol

Yeah, we contracted and survuved the measles, the mumps, chicken pox... Other than a tetanus booster, I don't remember receiving inoculations until I went abroad in 1969 - three shots in one arm and two in the other. I did not care. I was going to East Africa just after the rainy season ended. The veld was swarming with large ruminants.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Yeah, we contracted and survuved the measles, the mumps, chicken pox... Other than a tetanus booster, I don't remember receiving inoculations until I went abroad in 1969 - three shots in one arm and two in the other. I did not care. I was going to East Africa just after the rainy season ended. The veld was swarming with large ruminants.
Navy ??

I remember when you could walk in to the local convenience store with one dollar, and walk out of there with 6 candy bars, 2 bags of chips, 4 packs of gum, and a Coke!

But nowadays, they got security cameras everywhere!

I remember when you could walk in to the local convenience store with one dollar, and walk out of there with 6 candy bars, 2 bags of chips, 4 packs of gum, and a Coke!

But nowadays, they got security cameras everywhere!
Lol !!!

I remember when we drank water out of a hose, didn’t wear helmets when riding a bike, played neighborhood tackle football, sometimes on concrete, without any pads, had to get up and change the tv station with only 3 choices, played outside from sun up to sun down without my parents caring what I did as long as I was home for dinner. For some reason I also don’t remember ever finding a “safe space” when my dad decided to punish me. Also remember listening to many football, basketball, and baseball games on the radio without being bored or distracted.

I remember everyone wanting Fulmer fired when he kept losing only one game per year. Unfortunately that one loss was always to Florida and resulted in us going to the Citrus Bowl.

I remember when everyone wanted to push Majors out the door when his up and coming OC filled in for him and beat Georgia, destroyed Florida (and beat someone else- can’t remember who) only to return and choke against SC and Arkansas.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
I remember when defenses were allowed to tackle QBs and hit them just as hard, if not harder than anyone else rather than getting pansy “roughing the passer” calls every time someone looks at them. I also remember QBs throwing the ball down the field rather than standing flat footed and throwing three yard passes all day (while wearing Uggs). Im not referring to anyone in particular in today’s game😉.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Ok Vicky we get your point - how much did Phil get again when he was let go after losing seasons in 2 out of 3 seasons ?
As much as he got for going to the SECCG 3 out of his last 7 years and 2 of his last 5. There were a lot of idiots that said, "anyone could win 8 games at Tennessee.'

You get very few 1st ballot HOF coaches at any school. UT only has two.

What if we had hired someone like Saban, Smart, or Dabo. The problem wasn't with the decision to let Philip go - the problem was with not having a top notch candidate lined up to take his place Vicky.

VN Store

Back