I ran the same 40 time as this guy....but they said mine was wind assisted..

I have been running and have gotten up to almost 5 miles. There are houses being built in my subdivision so I get to use the Port-a-Potty a couple of times during that time or else I would have to cut it short. LOL
thats why there are no old men track teams. you can only have one....fast legs or a shrinking bladder.

How everybody in this thread looks
1594092832373-gif.291112
I wish.

EDIT: I think I could run a 4.12 40.

I'd run some of the distance in half the available time, so the first 2.06. Then I'd run some more of the distance in half the remaining time, getting me to 3.09. And I'd run more distance in half of what remained, to 3.60. I'd get further in half the rest of the time, to 3.86. More progress in half the remaining time, to 3.99. Further in half the time left, to 4.065. And progress again in half the time remaining, to 4.0775.*

Well, you see what I mean. I'm never quite going to get to 4.12, because I'm going to keep cutting the time remaining in half. And every single time, I'm going to move forward more. Eventually, eventually, well, eventually I have to cross that 40-meter line.

Right?

*The Achilles Paradox

Last edited:
Are you me? In an alternate universe? Had an end around for 9 in double A.. I was mad I didn’t get the 10 for the first, Coach was mad I didn’t brdeak it

I would be so happy to learn I've been living in an alternate universe.

But this needs to be explored in a scientific way because I could be you in an alternate universe, or we could be quantum doppelgangers in the same universe. So let me pose the ultimate quantum particle physics vs string theory universe question...

Where you are, do women throw themselves at you?

But this needs to be explored in a scientific way because I could be you in an alternate universe, or we could be quantum doppelgangers in the same universe. So let me pose the ultimate quantum particle physics vs string theory universe question...

This is getting really entangled.

I don't know why but everybody's jokes remind me of the Richard Pryor " Fire is inspirational" skit after he set himself on fire freebasing. He said " They should use it in the Olympics". Good times.

Yeah that’s was my fastest times (1979) . I read 5.2 is average so we can say we were faster than average at one time , LOL. My HS’s fastest two guys ran 4.7 and 4.8 and usually beat me by a stride head to head. They were 6’0 and 6’2 and I was about 5’8 max.
I drank a 40 once.

Me too. Ran 4.8 to 4.9 consistently in HS football, and was in the top 10 fastest kids
On my HS team. We had a couple receivers and a RB in the 4.5 to 4.6 range. People greatly exaggerate how fast they are in their minds. NFL athletes are AMAZING athletes . Most linemen that weigh 300lbs run 4.9 to 5.0s...about as fast as I ever was at 5ft11 and 165lbs without a stitch of fat playing safety. Some of those guys at DE weigh 260 to 280lbs and run 4.6s....freaks of nature. They are the ones built like Greek gods. I remember as a kid watching the Vols warm up before kickoff and OT Charles McRae took off his pads and shirt for some reason ...he was 6 ft4 and 295lbs....with 6 pack ab muscles. Not a stitch of fat....dont think they tested for steroids back then honestly.

Reactions: Evergrenevol
I remember running as a senior in HS. My feet were barely touching the ground. Running was effortless and I was flying. I quit running because I thought I was getting ready to pass out. Now, I pass out...when I do anything.

Reactions: Evergrenevol

That would be a resounding no. Wearing a mask helps.

But in my universe, there may or may not be another civil war brewing, people are easily offended and overly sensitive, but chicks still dig the long ball.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
That would be a resounding no. Wearing a mask helps.

But in my universe, there may or may not be another civil war brewing, people are easily offended and overly sensitive, but chicks still dig the long ball.

Well, if the babes are ignoring you, too, then we're not in alternate universes. Same on the uncivil war brewing.

But just in case you are my doppelganger, and there's a bit of time differential between us... don't eat that leftover sushi in the fridge tonight. Say sayonara to that uramaki, my friend.

VN Store

Back