I ran the same 40 time as this guy....but they said mine was wind assisted..

I ran a 4.9 once.
Yeah that’s was my fastest times (1979) . I read 5.2 is average so we can say we were faster than average at one time , LOL. My HS’s fastest two guys ran 4.7 and 4.8 and usually beat me by a stride head to head. They were 6’0 and 6’2 and I was about 5’8 max.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I don't run. If you ever see me run, you better run also, cause something is chasing me.

I have been running and have gotten up to almost 5 miles. There are houses being built in my subdivision so I get to use the Port-a-Potty a couple of times during that time or else I would have to cut it short. LOL

Why you should never believe HS times. I ran a "4.89", that got rounded down to 4.8. I got caught from behind on a long run by a DT that weighed 275 lbs that I had a 10 yard head start on...

True story, I’m a former college baseball player in my late 40s and about 10 years ago I was at one of my kid’s friend’s birthday parties at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock. I was in shorts and running shoes and decided I would see if I still had it. I was fully confident I would run about a 4.7 to 4.8 40. I got a great jump, wind at my back, arms pumping, and I thought I was burning gassss...............I ran a 5-freaking 2. I pretty much gave up on life on that day.

VN Store

Back