I predicted Pruitt's extension before he was officially hired.

Who gets confused from mixing bumped threads with current ones? I need names. By the way, I am excited about my next trip to Macon (probably next Spring for a game) so I can swing down to Warner Robbins and check out Buccees gas station.
Buccees is quite a site to behold. It's got to be one of the top 2 or 3 tourist attractions in Warner Robins.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Mainly, it's that A) bumped threads mixed in with current ones can get confusing and B) they typically go about the way this thread has lol.

I'm really not being a smart tail or anything, but, they don't cause any server problems or anything, right? Soon enough they fall down the threads and back into obscurity. So are we all literally forbidden from bumping old threads? Again, not being a jerk or anything.

Much respect Mr/Mrs/Ms/Miss Mod (whichever applies on an anonymous message board), and thanks for all you do.

I'm really not being a smart tail or anything, but, they don't cause any server problems or anything, right? Soon enough they fall down the threads and back into obscurity. So are we all literally forbidden from bumping old threads? Again, not being a jerk or anything.

Much respect Mr/Mrs/Ms/Miss Mod (whichever applies on an anonymous message board), and thanks for all you do.
There’s usually nothing from an old thread that can’t be better addressed with a new one. People click on those old threads and don’t realize they’re reading posts from several years ago, so it’s confusing, for starters.

If you have a good reason to bump an old thread on a unique topic, it might be perfectly fine. But if your bumping a thread with the sole intent of “Look, I’m smart” or “Look, you’re dumb” then... well, most of those are typically pointless. Even then, I’d rather just see a new thread with a link to the referenced post and a bit of explanation.

Reactions: preacherwebb
There’s usually nothing from an old thread that can’t be better addressed with a new one. People click on those old threads and don’t realize they’re reading posts from several years ago, so it’s confusing, for starters.

If you have a good reason to bump an old thread on a unique topic, it might be perfectly fine. But if your bumping a thread with the sole intent of “Look, I’m smart” or “Look, you’re dumb” then... well, most of those are typically pointless. Even then, I’d rather just see a new thread with a link to the referenced post and a bit of explanation.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

0*RAgz3Z63hGOJM4D-

giphy.gif

@Rasputin_Vol please bump this thread in a couple of years. TIA

VN Store

Back