I never thought I would see the day...

Well Tennessee starts with about an 8% chance of making the final 4 because of the 2 seed. Tennessee prob drew the best 1 seed and at least the 1st or 2nd best bracket. Tennessee is on the side of KY who has already beaten UNC and Tennessee has beaten KY twice. Now all of that may not mean much and may not hold true but it probably gives Tennessee a better start than the other 2 seeds.

And none of that even includes talent or experience. Tennessee prob has top 6 overall talent and of those top 6 teams they prob have the most experience.

That I would watch a mock bracket video with two guys picking Tennessee to make it to the NCAA Finals. There is a lot of respect for our veteran team. If we play with confidence and composure, I think a trip to the finals is certainly possible.

I think Tennessee plays Duke in the National Championship game and comes away with the Trophy and a huge banner for TBA

I think Tennessee plays Duke in the National Championship game and comes away with the Trophy and a huge banner for TBA

I think Tennessee makes the elite 8. Then they have a toss up game with Virginia. If Virg has a great D game (they are one of the best and vs great competition) they prob win. If Tennessee has a good D game and a good O game they come out with a win.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I know the conference championships didn't go the way we wanted but if the team makes a deep run (Final 4) it could still be one of the best TN teams ever. Plus, if Grant stays and we start bringing in more 5* this could be the team that built the foundation for many successful years. It's already started with recruiting.

If this team can get back to their blue collar attitude the sky is the limit.
I'd be happily disappointed in a NCG loss
I don't know if I could handle a loss past the elite 8. To be that close and come up short, I would be devastated. But on the other hand no matter how it ends this team is gonna break my heart for the simple fact we'll never see a group of kids like this again.

I know the conference championships didn't go the way we wanted but if the team makes a deep run (Final 4) it could still be one of the best TN teams ever. Plus, if Grant stays and we start bringing in more 5* this could be the team that built the foundation for many successful years. It's already started with recruiting.

To me this is the best men's team ever on the "hill". The problem is, there are teams out there just as good or a little better. That does not mean this team is not the best ever at UT. It is like our old west stories, you can be the fastest gun ever, but there is always someone faster.

After a 20 point blowout loss to Auburn? The Barnes criticism of not winning the big games is valid....cuz he hasn't. Doesn't mean this is a bad team....or Barnes is a bad coach....just that expecting NC games when you can't even win your conference or tourney....is a little bit crazy. Its nice to be relevant though.

After a 20 point blowout loss to Auburn? The Barnes criticism of not winning the big games is valid....cuz he hasn't. Doesn't mean this is a bad team....or Barnes is a bad coach....just that expecting NC games when you can't even win your conference or tourney....is a little bit crazy. Its nice to be relevant though.

Good grief - the day before they beat Kentucky. I guess Barnes had nothing whatsoever to do with that? Or, what, it wasn't a big game? It sucks they came out flat and tired for Auburn (I don't buy for a second they were disinterested.) But the small-picture, all-or-nothing mentality of some of you is ridiculous.

Of this happens we need a day off for everyone and a parade in town. Would be epic
If we win our first natty in BB the governor should declare a statewide holiday. Although I suspect he won't have to for there to be a high incidence of people calling in sick the day after the championship game.

My gut tells me we will have another Loyola-type game early. If we escape this time with a win, I could see a really deep run. Lose it, another early exit.

IMO we get to the elite 8 IF we beat cincy round 2. They’re underseeded and the game is in their home state. Not a big fan of that draw, hopefully Iowa takes them out. Im not too worried about any of our possible sweet 16 matchups tbh. Us vs UVA is basically a coin flip, any other team in the elite 8 we should be favored.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
If we win our first natty in BB the governor should declare a statewide holiday. Although I suspect he won't have to for there to be a high incidence of people calling in sick the day after the championship game.

If Tennessee wins it all, Texas should be forced to abolish its BB program...... and yes Tennessee should throw a huge state wide robot dance off party.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
My gut tells me we will have another Loyola-type game early. If we escape this time with a win, I could see a really deep run. Lose it, another early exit.

Bump. I think we had two-such games. Can this team hit another gear?

VN Store

Back