I live in Lafayette, IN. AMA!

mrmax86

Fight. Strain. Compete.
I live in Lafayette, IN, 8 miles from Purdue University. I cheer for Purdue, most of my family went to Purdue, and I even attended a game at Mackey Arena this season.

I've followed Purdue fairly closely this season as a result, so I know a bit about this team.

My fandom is to only one team this week, our Vols!

Ask me anything!

I live in Lafayette, IN, 8 miles from Purdue University. I cheer for Purdue, most of my family went to Purdue, and I even attended a game at Mackey Arena this season.

I've followed Purdue fairly closely this season as a result, so I know a bit about this team.

Ask me anything!

What do I do about this rash?

What style of game does Purdue like to play? How do they match up against us?
They shoot a lot of 3s. They have a couple bigs down low. Their main focus is on ball movement and opening up opportunities wherever the motion opens them up.

Carsen Edwards, Ryan Cline, and Grady Eifert (NFL TE Tyler's brother) are their big outside shooters.
.....Look for Cline and Eifert to shoot 3s off of picks or a pass
.....Look for Edwards (he's the PG) to just dribble down, stop, jump, and drain a 3.
Carsen Edwards is a threat all over the court. He's their Jordan Bone. He's fast, small, and shifty.
Their 2 bigs are Matt Haarms (over 7'), and Trevion Williams. They use their height to dish down low a lot.

Most of their shots are layups, dunks, or 3s, not a whole lot of mid-range.

No question, we'll have to defend the 3 well if we want to win. Defense will be key for sure.

Matchup-wise, I like our chances to be more physical than them. Our average player is larger and more athletic than theirs. Our bigs can also shoot 3s, but theirs can't won't.

We can run over them, or we can get run over BY them. Could go either way.

What type defense do they play? Do they mix in zone? Do they try to fastbreak at times? Can you focus on shutting down the 3 main scorers? Why did they lose to MN twice?

Who is their 2nd best scorer? Cline or Haarms? We all know Edwards jacks up 20+ shots a game. Seems like they live and die by him is that correct?

Ask me anything!
Does purdue have fans, like real ones?

Just a little nervous as he is coming off of a 42 pt game as Purdue thrashed Villanova...
He is going to get his points. He dropped 40 on Texas this year and they still lost 72-68. We need to not let anyone else get hot on their team. Take care of the ball and crash the boards.

Carsen will get his points regardless of who's guarding him or how many shots it takes to get them....It's guys like Cline and Haarms we need to contain.

Reactions: Stoked
What type defense do they play? Sorry, I'm not good at scouting defenses. I don't even know what type of defense UT plays. Do they mix in zone? Do they try to fastbreak at times? Yes. Can you focus on shutting down the 3 main scorers? Yes, I think we could. Why did they lose to MN twice? Carsen Edwards FG%...7-31 (23%), and 4-17 (24%).
My comments in red.

VN Store

Back