I know this is supposed to be a positive message.... but....

Very well could be.

However if he were just being held out.....why not just say. He could easily say, “I’ll be back for SC” or something.

Really who knows. It just leaves a lot left open, which a post (like he made) could have clarified a bit......but didn’t.
Probably bc the players are told not to give out info. The longer Pruitt can keep it a secret on if he is playing or not the better after all there isn't much game film on the kid.

Probably bc the players are told not to give out info. The longer Pruitt can keep it a secret on if he is playing or not the better after all there isn't much game film on the kid.
Not sure who our QB is actually changes Bamas game plan at all. Maurer might make them look at film for an hour, any other QB in and film study becomes free time for the coaching staff.

Bama will have their team of 36 defensive consultants split up in two groups. One will study JG video and the other group will study Maurer.

It could also mean that he’s in protocol this week and might sit for Alabama, I think we should wait until tomorrow before making any assumptions. But what’s the fun in that...
He should sit this and let JG be the sacrificial lamb! Have him back for UAB!

He should sit this and let JG be the sacrificial lamb! Have him back for UAB!

I would like Maurer to play just to get some more experience, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t afraid of him being seriously injured against Alabama. He’s started two games and left both due to head/neck injuries. I think it’s pretty evident that our offense is way better with Maurer and he gives us our best chance to make a bowl. I also like how Maurer just makes a decision, even if a bad one, he just quickly gets rid of the ball and actually provides a legit running threat. JG has killed us so many times by holding onto the ball and taking a sack, plus he seems to lack the speed or instinct to run. I have no idea how he was #2 dual threat QB out of high school.

I will gladly take the inexperienced, freshman mistakes Maurer is making compared to JG. Maurer is going to continue to improve and get better with experience. With that being said, I do think the coaches have to evaluate whether Maurer is 100% healthy or if it will be in his and the team’s best interest to sit this week. If he’s healthy, he should play. We just need to be careful and not get him killed so we don’t jeopardize the rest of our season. We are at a point where we could still make a bowl game and somewhat salvage the season.

Reactions: chrismc1000

VN Store

Back