I know this is supposed to be a positive message.... but....

I remember the first time Bray played against Bama, I thought Bama had killed the poor kid as they bent his skinny frame into a ball, thus his name of "rubber band man"

It could also mean that he’s in protocol this week and might sit for Alabama, I think we should wait until tomorrow before making any assumptions. But what’s the fun in that...
That was my first thought....if he was told he was out for an extended period of time, I do not think the same message would be posted...based on this, feel like he will stay in protocol this week and come back following week. But let's wait for Pruitt's press conference.

I assume we’ll find out Saturday, maybe sooner.......

Yeah...RIGHT before Maurer posted this...he DM’d THIS to JG...
h32D939CB
Lol

I know stuff like this has happened before, but how do you convince JG to go out there?

Every time JG goes out there, he has the opportunity to earn his starting job back. I do not expect it, but if sitting on the sidelines and watching the game helps him mentally, maybe he goes out there and lights it up. Like I said, I do not expect it, but the kid has a chance to go and earn it back. That is his motivation.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
To clarify.... reading between the lines this sounds to me like he may be out for a while.

No.

There's no reading between the lines.

This is an 18-year-old. For him, a week is a long time, and two weeks is an eternity.

There is absolutely nothing to read here, other than what he wrote. He's out for now, will be back.

No sense whatsoever in guessing whether that means a week, a month, or a season. It could be any of them.

We really gotta stop mouth-breathing here in Vol Nation.

Our universe has a hole in it where things happen that appear normal, but they are not. Scientist call it Teenage Social Media. If an older adult posted this, we could reasonably assume what it meant. Unfortunately, Teenage Social Media is a place where nothing makes sense.

Our universe has a hole in it where things happen that appear normal, but they are not. Scientist call it Teenage Social Media. If an older adult posted this, we could reasonably assume what it meant. Unfortunately, Teenage Social Media is a place where nothing makes sense.
498D0E91-F772-496A-AA3B-A28810E686F4.gif

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
While in general, its good to get BM more game time, this is the one instance I would be happier to have him rest it. Even if he seems perfectly ok. He needs the extra week to learn to slide.

On the other hand, if JG goes in, even if he wiffs terribly, I dont see how you cant have massive respect for him for facing the gauntlet and likely beating he is going to take.

Every time JG goes out there, he has the opportunity to earn his starting job back. I do not expect it, but if sitting on the sidelines and watching the game helps him mentally, maybe he goes out there and lights it up. Like I said, I do not expect it, but the kid has a chance to go and earn it back. That is his motivation.
Short of a miracle, I just don't see how that could happen assuming Maurer is healthy. I think we'd have to beat Bama for that to happen. Even if JG has the game of his life, he cannot beat Bama by himself. JG will have some options next year. I guess it's a balance of being a team player and taking some hits versus the risk of getting seriously injured in a Quixotic effort. I expect JG will play and hopefully he will get some appreciation for taking that risk.

Can we all agree that Bamas defense is probably equal to that Georgia and Florida? I say yes and if he's healthy he plays.

Reactions: OldVolMan
People over dramatizing that flip. Yes, at times he needs to slide but running is going to be part of his game. Other Qb's run, I hear folks always saying we need someone that can run and or buy time and now some want to make him stationary. No, he needs to keep being Brain Mauer he just needs to be a little more aware of when to get down. But that hit was kind of fluky anyway. I think people are overthinking it some. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: VOLED and OldVolMan
People over dramatizing that flip. Yes, at times he needs to slide but running is going to be part of his game. Other Qb's run, I hear folks always saying we need someone that can run and or buy time and now some want to make him stationary. No, he needs to keep being Brain Mauer he just needs to be a little more aware of when to get down. But that hit was kind of fluky anyway. I think people are overthinking it some. GBO!!!!!
Both of his big runs ended in unnecessary risks on his part. If a qb has run for a first down then he should slide as soon as a defender gets within 5-8 yds.

I love his grit and his willingness but we need him for the future, not just a good game or two.

No.

There's no reading between the lines.

This is an 18-year-old. For him, a week is a long time, and two weeks is an eternity.

There is absolutely nothing to read here, other than what he wrote. He's out for now, will be back.

No sense whatsoever in guessing whether that means a week, a month, or a season. It could be any of them.

We really gotta stop mouth-breathing here in Vol Nation.

But that would require patience and logic! Two characteristics not usually used around here.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back