I know it's not gonna happen, but

LTVol

Just to escape into pure fantasy from the misery of this Pruitt-coached mess, lets imagine proven coaches whom we could replace CJP with who could ( at least in fantasy) turn this team around quickly. Heres my three suggestions: Mack Brown ( two title games at TX and turning NC around this yr), Hugh Freeze ( beat Saban 2x, and had 2 top 5 recruit classes at Ole Miss), would be easy to hire away from Liberty, Bob Stoops ( after retiring, jumped back into coaching with ill-fated XFL, now unemployed again). I know, I know, not gonna happen, but fun to fantasize and temporarily escape from the current UT horror show. I dont know if I can stand to watch another JG s**t show. Who wants to play and suggest other "proven coaches" we can imagine reviving this program?

Just to escape into pure fantasy from the misery of this Pruitt-coached mess, lets imagine proven coaches whom we could replace CJP with who could ( at least in fantasy) turn this team around quickly. Heres my three suggestions: Mack Brown ( two title games at TX and turning NC around this yr), Hugh Freeze ( beat Saban 2x, and had 2 top 5 recruit classes at Ole Miss), would be easy to hire away from Liberty, Bob Stoops ( after retiring, jumped back into coaching with ill-fated XFL, now unemployed again). I know, I know, not gonna happen, but fun to fantasize and temporarily escape from the current UT horror show. I dont know if I can stand to watch another JG s**t show. Who wants to play and suggest other "proven coaches" we can imagine reviving this program?
Sorry but another coaching search seems like a horror show too.

so. Much. Dumb. Will. Not. Happen.
anyone else notice that we don’t ever end up with a proven HC??? We keep trading for less experience. Pruitt can coach some football. Young and thin team. Time to dump JG tho. Decision making must be > arm strength

anyone else notice that we don’t ever end up with a proven HC??? We keep trading for less experience. Pruitt can coach some football. Young and thin team. Time to dump JG tho. Decision making must be > arm strength
Post title said I know its not gonna happen. Just humor me, I need an escape from this misery and cant drink enough on top of my statins

Kiffin has no defense at Ole Miss. They beat Kentucky, and are winning games in his first year

There is no need to hire a HC until JG's eligibility is up in 2027, we will be fine, he's tough as nails

I liked Satterfield at Appy State and think we should have given him a closer look before hiring CJP. That said, in his 2nd year at Louisville, his team gave a top 5 ND squad all they wanted at home. I do think ND is overrated per usual but I'd bet we could lose to another team from KY if Louisville was on the schedule.

I also doubt Pruitt is going anywhere since that would require Fulmer to admit he F'd up. It still remains to be seen if he did F-up. If Pruitt could hire a decent QB coach, we wouldn't be having this discussion. I wasn't crazy about the hire but have generally been impressed with Pruitt's turn-around after the atrocious start last season.

Canning Weinke ASAP would be a good sign since whatever he's doing is not working. Put Chaney or Tee over QB's since I cannot see how they could possibly do any worse developing the position group.

. Heres my three suggestions: Mack Brown ( two title games at TX and turning NC around this yr),

If we hired a proven head coach like Mack Brown, we would probably be losing to a trash has-been program 31-7 at halftime.

Last edited:
Username checks out

VN Store

Back