I know, I know wait til next year

CLK could have easily signed 23-25 (2-3 star) type guys and made it look good to everyone on numbers alone but CLK doesn't believe in signing players to stand on the sidelines. Like it or not this year from nsd until next nsd may be a little rough however there is a plan in place and patience will be rewarded. Look up Sabans first year at Bama, anyone expecting a top five class this year and a trip to even the sec championship game is delusional and you can't blame Kiffin or the staff. Sure "we are" Tennessee but lets face it were Tennessee coming off a 5-7 season without a returning quarterback that could start anywhere else in the conference. Trust me even as great as it is to play for Tennessee right now it's a tough sell for the elite players. When your going for the best of the best in recruiting relationships have to be built. Remember the guys we are going after are wanted by every school in the country so it difficult to sway these guys in six weeks. There are so many examples of great programs having a difficult time getting their program back to the top after it's been run into the ground ( ND, Mich, Miami, etc.) WE can keep signing 2-3 star guys and continue finishing 7-5, 8-4 or 5-7 or we can take our lumps for a couple of years, build relationships and start pulling 4-5 star guys and shoot for the top. With CLK it's go big or go home, but it's going to take time. I just don't think some people realize how far down CPF has taken this program. How many recruiting battles did Fulmer win last year for top talent? ZERO and I don't care how many guys he had commitments from this year because I don't think he would have been able to close on several of them once they started getting attention from other "big" schools. Before you jump off the bridge realize it can and will get better but it is going to take time.

I agree.

CLK could have easily signed 23-25 (2-3 star) type guys and made it look good to everyone on numbers alone but CLK doesn't believe in signing players to stand on the sidelines. Like it or not this year from nsd until next nsd may be a little rough however there is a plan in place and patience will be rewarded. Look up Sabans first year at Bama, anyone expecting a top five class this year and a trip to even the sec championship game is delusional and you can't blame Kiffin or the staff. Sure "we are" Tennessee but lets face it were Tennessee coming off a 5-7 season without a returning quarterback that could start anywhere else in the conference. Trust me even as great as it is to play for Tennessee right now it's a tough sell for the elite players. When your going for the best of the best in recruiting relationships have to be built. Remember the guys we are going after are wanted by every school in the country so it difficult to sway these guys in six weeks. There are so many examples of great programs having a difficult time getting their program back to the top after it's been run into the ground ( ND, Mich, Miami, etc.) WE can keep signing 2-3 star guys and continue finishing 7-5, 8-4 or 5-7 or we can take our lumps for a couple of years, build relationships and start pulling 4-5 star guys and shoot for the top. With CLK it's go big or go home, but it's going to take time. I just don't think some people realize how far down CPF has taken this program. How many recruiting battles did Fulmer win last year for top talent? ZERO and I don't care how many guys he had commitments from this year because I don't think he would have been able to close on several of them once they started getting attention from other "big" schools. Before you jump off the bridge realize it can and will get better but it is going to take time.

this is a first class top notch post...:good!:

Yes I guess it was negative, but the facts are what they are.

Auburn and Co. have been doing a pretty darn good and they have been on the job for less time than Kiffin and our staff. We are supposed to have world class recruiters here, so how do we lose commits to Nutt and possibly Taylor and quite possibly the worst head coach hire in years in Chizik? (spelling)

Take a deep breath... we'll be fine. It's not like the current staff can't improve the team with the players and commits they already have. It's just more beasts would make it easier.

Recruiting takes time and we do have world-class recruiters. Give it a rest. If we don't get a top 20 class, so be it. Staying in the top 20 is quite an accomplishment under the circumstances--and as most pundits have noted, it's as low as you'll see the Vols ranked for a long, long time.

I don;t understand the idea of labeling anyone critical as a chicken little. I mean you can be critical without thinking the Kiffin is is a failure and that we have no chance.

I for one think it has been disappointing. Especially when you consider that 2 SEC schools have seemingly improved their recruiting class with new coaches (Auburn ans MSU) although I think MSU closes weak.

It is cool that Kiffin got "close" to a few recruits that didn;t give us a second before Lane was hired. But Fulmer got "close" to 3 championships in the 2000s and lost everyone of them. "Close" is not a measure of success in college football.

NSD has not passed.
Kiffin has not coached a game.
Nobody has seen our current roster play.

I say FAIL

NSD has not passed.
Kiffin has not coached a game.
Nobody has seen our current roster play.

I say FAIL

i've seen some of our current roster play and besides a few it's not good. that is the reason i'm down about NSD

whatever dude,,get a load of this 152-52

vs

what,5-15-keep drinking the hooch

you as well im sure do not fit the system!

recruiting whiz my butt

<---------------------------------- :-(

im liking him less and less as days go by!

getting out recruited by auburnt w/ chizliks and ole piss w/ imanutt is just totally friggin unaceptable.i told you guys it was a misstake to turn away commited recruits this late in the season.do you belive me now,or you still waiting on signing day.

right about now,kiffin dosnt fit my system,and i still have my doubts he can coach!

Well, a couple of things can happen. Kiffin and co. are as advertised and we have ourselves a coach to lead our program for years to come. Or we get a couple of Shula/Zook years and we get the next big name coach. Either way, we're not gonna know two months after he's been hired. Try not to sweat it so much people, we've got football season for that.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

getting out recruited by auburnt w/ chizliks and ole piss w/ imanutt is just totally friggin unaceptable.i told you guys it was a misstake to turn away commited recruits this late in the season.do you belive me now,or you still waiting on signing day.

right about now,kiffin dosnt fit my system,and i still have my doubts he can coach!

Boo, leave, and say hello to Fulmer's :shaking2: why don't you?

youll be smooching it soon enough wishing he would come back :p

Even if we lose everyone on the fence AND we don't get any of the players we're in the running for this class will still be better than last years...

The lack of linemen in this class is the biggest disappointment and will have long lasting effects.

I'm sure the new coaching staff will take some negative criticism about this class once the dust settles as they should. I for one think swinging for the fences is great for home run hitters but you still need to get and keep guys on the bases to score runs. Thus in most respects our coaches current recruiting strategy has scored little.

I am more than willing to give them a fair chance, but in this class " we are the best recruiters ego" has fallen short of closing the major prospects and allowed current commits to look and go elsewhere.

We can all say give em time but keep in mind the clock is already ticking. GO VOLS

Good, go root for someone else. The collective IQ of our fanbase will rise immediately upon your departure.

Did Fulmer lose a recruits to Auburn? Yes. Cadillac, Ronnie Brown, Michael Goggans, just to name a few. Did he neglect to go after Tennessee natives and let them leave for Ole Miss and become superstars? Patrick Willis says absolutely. And Fulmer had the luxury of having several years to recruit those guys. He also didn't have to deal with trying to sell a program coming off a 7 loss season (seeing as we've only had 2 of those in school history).

Good, go root for someone else. The collective IQ of our fanbase will rise immediately upon your departure.

Did you recently take an IQ test and enjoy the results? That seems to be your response to everything these days, hat.

VN Store

Back