I just bought over 12,000,000 crypto

My investment strategy does not include crypto. I use some of my entertainment budget to play into crypto; therefore, any loss doesn’t matter but the gains are amazing.

This is pretty much how I view it. In December, I put cash about the equivalent of 5% of my investment portfolio into crypto. It's money I can afford to lose. It's become about 12% of my investment portfolio. Everything else is in index funds. It won't break me but it can make me. I'm 39 and I'd like to be able to semi-retire by age 50. I know I can do it by 55 if I'm disciplined, but crypto could get me there way ahead of schedule.

Well the market average for crypto this year is up around 500%

The FDIC looking into it for banks, Tesla said they looking to accept it in the future possibly again, rumors Amazon will accept. It's not to be ignored & it's not going away

Well the market average for crypto this year is up around 500%

The FDIC looking into it for banks, Tesla said they looking to accept it in the future possibly again, rumors Amazon will accept. It's not to be ignored & it's not going away

I don’t think that anybody expects crypto to go away. Many do expect the valuations to crash though.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
The only people "expecting" the values to crash are people who don't fully understand the value of block chain.

The volatility is what makes it attractive.

I'm an avid sim racer during the off season from my "real" racing. I built two pretty bad ass computers this past year for gaming and streaming. I have them mining ETH with the GPUs and Monero with the CPUs when they aren't being used for their primary purpose.

The two computers, since November of last year, have completely paid for themselves and are generating more than $500 a month in profit now.

Reinvesting/staking and HODLing some of what I have mined has generated an annual rate of return of more than 300% (including the cost of the PC components and energy)

The comment I make about crypto is if you can't accept the occasional 30 - 50% market correction, you don't deserve the occasional 300 - 500% gain.

Blockchain will be part of your life like toilet paper is now in 5 years

Better get on the bandwagon or be left eating a big $%#@ sandwich & back case of #fomo

If this thing could somehow get to a penny one day…

I think it will. People are not afraid to buy shitcoin if it's seen as "cheap" and a penny is viewed as cheap. The absolute biggest hurdle for shitcoin is getting the ball rolling, namely with brand recognition and they're well past that hurdle. So something could stop it from getting to a penny, but what? IDK.

A limited, fixed supply is what contributed to Bitcoin soaring in value. When new varieties are constantly being invented, isn’t the supply/demand equation that is driving up the crypto prices basically a farce?

A limited, fixed supply is what contributed to Bitcoin soaring in value. When new varieties are constantly being invented, isn’t the supply/demand equation that is driving up the crypto prices basically a farce?

You are right but this market hasn't been logical the past 18 months. See Gamestop

With that being said, I mostly cashed out earlier this morning. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. I still have a small amount (around $2,000 still in). If it goes to 0, I've still made a nice return.

You are right but this market hasn't been logical the past 18 months. See Gamestop

With that being said, I mostly cashed out earlier this morning. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. I still have a small amount (around $2,000 still in). If it goes to 0, I've still made a nice return.

Picks and shovels should be the long term winners.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Picks and shovels should be the long term winners.

Agree with you. I just don't see a lot of compelling buys right now. It's largely been trying to guess a bottom on Chinesse stocks, buying beaten down pharm stocks (VRTX), tech stocks that fall out of rotation/favor, and small dabbles (5% of portfolio) into crypto.

Thankfully for me, you know from the Stock Thread, I've been a big NVDA and AMD guy for a while. At some point, those have to stop running, right? (NVDA is up 700% the past 2 years and a whole lot more than that over past 5-10 yrs)

VN Store

Back