I hope this is true because we're top 5

PulaskiVolFan

if it is I think. This kid is the difference maker that can make us a top 5 team if he's healthy and playing his best. I think he plays a style very similar to Scottie Pippen, he's terrific defensively, he's a physical matchup nightmare for guards in our league and he's the most unselfish kid on the team. If our newcomers live up to expectations and JJJ is healthy alongside Fulky, Vescovi, Anosike, hopefully Pons and others it's going to be a fun year!

Really good kid! Hope his has a great season next year. He played well all year last year but was not a good scorer until the last 3rd of the season. He overcame some nagging injuries.Hoping is is fully healthy next season.

Dude was as wrong about JJJ's name as he was about the black unis and the last several coaching searches...
When you talk 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, I’m guessing you’d be wrong on a few things. He’s a respected and decorated journalist. You’re a hack, arm chair critic on a sports forum.

It wasn't Hyams who said it, it was Barnes, all Hyams did was quote him. I guess you dump on what Barnes says as well?

It's not dumping on. I'm excited because of the talent on next years team, not because of a coach's quote. I may be jaded because I've seen so many people get themselves in a lather because of puff piece or comments (there were numerous examples between the 16 and 17 football seasons). I'm a big proponent of actions speak louder than words.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
When you talk 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, I’m guessing you’d be wrong on a few things. He’s a respected and decorated journalist. You’re a hack, arm chair critic on a sports forum.

My first comment wasn't meant to be a dig at Hyams as much as it was that I dont put much (if any) stock in offseason pieces. Offseason comments/pieces have entertainment value but not much more. It could have been Adams, Ainge or whoever else and I would have had the same comment.

if it is I think. This kid is the difference maker that can make us a top 5 team if he's healthy and playing his best. I think he plays a style very similar to Scottie Pippen, he's terrific defensively, he's a physical matchup nightmare for guards in our league and he's the most unselfish kid on the team. If our newcomers live up to expectations and JJJ is healthy alongside Fulky, Vescovi, Anosike, hopefully Pons and others it's going to be a fun year!

Not to mention all the babes with fine backsides in those classes!

If this team stays healthy they will make a run at a final four berth, you get there you have a chance to win a Natty. Philippians 4:6-7

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
He certainly needed to be a lot more limber/ explosive. He couldn't really blow by people like I hoped he would be able to. It'll also help his defense, which was already pretty good for a freshman. He was almost too built, which effected other parts of his game.

Excellent news. Developing a consistent shot will be his next task, I think. He already started showing improvement by season's end.

Reactions: tn4elvis
If you are talking about Hyams, everyone knows he is always a day late and a dollar short on everything with the information he gets correct which is not very often.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I saw Andy Katz describe this team as one with a “2nd weekend” potential and that just seemed like an insult. Maybe he didn’t watch this team as much this past year since we were rarely in the spotlight, but to me, with all the talent coming in and the growth from players like Fulky and Pons, it seems like saying our ceiling is a 2nd weekend team is under-cutting it a bit.

I think next year’s team will be as talented as any in the SEC, and maybe the country. It all just depends on if guys like JJJ and Vescovi continue to improve or have sophomore slumps. We’ve never made a final four, and I’m not going to predict this is the year we do, but the pieces are there for a final four. It’s just a matter if Barnes can figure out how to put them all together.

One-and-done in the 2nd weekend if every higher seed were to win in the opening 2 rounds would be #9 through #16. That's really not an insult at all.

I saw Andy Katz describe this team as one with a “2nd weekend” potential and that just seemed like an insult. Maybe he didn’t watch this team as much this past year since we were rarely in the spotlight, but to me, with all the talent coming in and the growth from players like Fulky and Pons, it seems like saying our ceiling is a 2nd weekend team is under-cutting it a bit.

I think next year’s team will be as talented as any in the SEC, and maybe the country. It all just depends on if guys like JJJ and Vescovi continue to improve or have sophomore slumps. We’ve never made a final four, and I’m not going to predict this is the year we do, but the pieces are there for a final four. It’s just a matter if Barnes can figure out how to put them all together.

If Pons comes back, the floor really should be the 2nd weekend. Ceiling being the Final 4. This team would have a perfect blend of reliable experience and talented youth. Good recipe.

Reactions: ArdentVol

VN Store

Back