I hope Barnes don’t say anything

Kentucky is a 2-seed which is all Greg Stankey cares about. There is a less than 0% chance that he goes to bat for Tennessee. He couldn’t care less about this university.
Well, he can rejoice with Kentucky while also going to bat for the rest of the conference. It seems self-defeating to not take the opportunity to raise the profile of the entire conference. It only further benefits UK. A rising tide raises all boats.

Everyone besides the selection committee and UK fans knows its BS. However we can still win this region and a 3 seed isnt gonna change that. It obvious the committee didnt value how dominant they've been playing lately.

Reactions: kptvol1452
The NCAA bureaucrats need to understand a lot of people spend a lot of money to attend these games they now declare “meaningless”. Schools depend on that income also.

Little wonder the SCOTUS voted 9-0 against their worthless a$$. SCOTUS wouldn’t vote 9-0 for oxygen.

All that said, Barnes has a game in 4 days. He doesn’t need to spend time bitching about the difference between a 2 and 3 seed.

Not sure why so much discourse. I can see a doable path to an E8 and who knows from there. We're a much better team than Michigan and we've improved a lot more than Nova since our first meeting. I'm good. You just can't overcome the human element in this sport. Live with it.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Not sure why so much discourse. I can see a doable path to an E8 and who knows from there. We're a much better team than Michigan and we've improved a lot more than Nova since our first meeting. I'm good. You just can't overcome the human element in this sport. Live with it.
Don’t you mean we’re a much better team than Col St? Michigan isn’t likely to win their first game

We will have a hard time with Villanova and Arizona will be a beast.

It might be overconfidence, or maybe I just trust this team, but I am less nervous about Villanova than most. We’re far away a different team than early November when we last met. Villanova is a well-coached, experienced team with great fundamentals. But, they’re not very deep. They’re prone to offensive meltdowns just like us, and I actually like our post play over theirs.

It’s their experienced guards like Gillespie that will give us fits, but Chandler has grown exponentially since then.

I might be proven wrong, we might not even make the Sweet 16, but if we do this team will be prepared for Villanova and I think we win.

It might be overconfidence, or maybe I just trust this team, but I am less nervous about Villanova than most. We’re far away a different team than early November when we last met. Villanova is a well-coached, experienced team with great fundamentals. But, they’re not very deep. They’re prone to offensive meltdowns just like us, and I actually like our post play over theirs.

It’s their experienced guards like Gillespie that will give us fits, but Chandler has grown exponentially since then.

I might be proven wrong, we might not even make the Sweet 16, but if we do this team will be prepared for Villanova and I think we win.

I hope you are right, I think Nova is one of the better #2 seeds (if not the best one). Their SOS and season performance is solid. We can definitely beat them.

We will have a hard time with Villanova and Arizona will be a beast.

Villanova is really good and Arizona is quite possibly the team to beat in this thing, so you aren't wrong. With that being said, you can't go all the way without playing some top notch teams along the way. If our guys keep doing what they've been doing, there isn't a team in the field we can't beat.

I hope he says something. And I think he will. He doesn’t have to raise cane by any means, but three hours ago he made a comment arguing about why we should be a #1 seed and now we’re the #2 3-seed. That’s horse ****. He knows it. We know it. He should say something.

I thought UT might get a 2 seed after winning the SEC Tournament today.

Don’t you mean we’re a much better team than Col St? Michigan isn’t likely to win their first game
Either or, if we continue to play as we have the second half of our season both should be wins. I'm going by KenPom which has been very predictive for us this season, especially of late. i can't see this team tanking in the second game and I think they believe they can go all the way. I see no flinch in this team like I have past years. predicting nothing, but hoping for the best.

I like that Illini potential matchup with Arizona. I think that could be an upset from watching them

I understand your point. You don't want the team thinking about how they got screwed. But, you know the players are already thinking that. And if Barnes sticks up for them and calls the committee out, they may get even more fired up

How about Auburn's seed instead? UK certainly has a better case for 2 than Auburn plus it's a familar brand much like Duke who also fell bass ackward into a 2. Auburn is not a "name" in college hoops
I was almost certain Auburn would fall to a 3 seed. Yes, they won the regular season, but they played an easy conference schedule and fizzled out near the end. Tennessee has been on a tear, playing like a 1 seed.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I liked Joakim Noah’s answer to a court side reporter’s questions right after UF won the SEC tourney 15 or 16 years ago. The reporter asked him two different ways if he thought the Gators had done enough to get a #1 seed in the NCAA. Noah just told her twice with a big smile on his face “It don’t matter! It don’t matter!”

And UF won it all 3 weeks later.

Barnes shouldn't say anything publicly. Maybe talk to Sankey behind the scenes, but that's it.

But he should lean on the fact that the selection committee didn't respect what Tennessee did this year as motivation.

VN Store

Back