I have now calmed down.....

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
and thought a/b the game more. I should not have squarley placed blame on Chism, b/c most of the team played bad and dumb. But Chism was the one that stood out to me in this game. He played well a lot this year and was very improved for most of the year, and if he is willing to play like a C, then hopefully he will come back. So i apologize i was making a post that was stupid and hopefully a mod can erase my mistake. I was very upset and acted like a teenager, so i apologize. Anyway, i'm still disappointed w/ the team played today.

1. Chism, you have lots of talent and i do want you too come back, yet you have to take smarter shots and play like a man inside, both offensively and defensively.

2. Bruce, you have to realize that when you have a huge, huge size advantage, then you shouldn't take 33 three pointers. That isdubm coaching.

3. Guards, take the ball to the hole, good things happenened when the ball was taken to the hole. Don't bail out the other team w/ forced shots outside.

Look, hopefuly they can bounce back from this and ahve a big year, and hopefully Bruce will understand this team needs to take the ball to the hole and now settle.

ANd like i said i apologize for my earlier rant/thread. it was utterly stupid. I was upset at the way the team played.

i'm just glad that we have a team who was in the tournament. I mean, think about how much it must suck to be St. Marys and win 26 GAMES and be sitting at home right now. We won 20 in a down SEC conference and got in. I'm proud of our guys, and I think we all knew at the beginning it was going to be a rough year, and i think in some ways we failed where we should have succeeded, and we succeeded where nobody thought we would.

Whew! Hope it's not too late ...

:) i deserved that bad

Look, it was heat of the moment and i was upset, and i'm not excusing my actions, but i should not have said that and should have calmed first

I listened to the Bruce Pearl show on the radio after - the sad thing was... Pearl was trying to justify the team taking so many threes and said he wanted it that way and was fine with it since we "struggle" so much to score inside.

I listened to the Bruce Pearl show on the radio after - the sad thing was... Pearl was trying to justify the team taking so many threes and said he wanted it that way and was fine with it since we "struggle" so much to score inside.

:banghead2: :no: :mf_surrender:

That's not encouraging.

Well, 33% of your threes is the same number of points as 50% of your twos. So the numbers don't support it as an overly bad approach.

He was also complaining about Tyler Smith getting fouled on the exchange at the end which pissed me off he would bring that up on air. I think he also said they refs refused to call a blatantly obvious foul on Eaton who "bear hugged" Chism running down the court because the refs knew his foul situation and didn't want to call it.

He was also complaining about Tyler Smith getting fouled on the exchange at the end which pissed me off he would bring that up on air. I think he also said they refs refused to call a blatantly obvious foul on Eaton who "bear hugged" Chism running down the court because the refs knew his foul situation and didn't want to call it.

You're right he said both those things, which really disappointed me. A fan can openly assume the refs didn't want to call a 5th on Eaton, but for the losing coach to imply that looks pathetic.

PLAYER DEVELOPEMENT:

I wanted to start a new thread, a new question....but being new, I could not. I am a huge Tennessee fan, and now am wanting some questions kicked around about next year's team. I am curious about the developement of Phillip Jurick?

Question for those smarter than me: I loved playing the 1-3-1 zone defense when I was in high school and playing in the military. With Jurick (sp) and given our great length, would the 1-3-1 be a viable option for some consideration next year, not as the overall defense, but as an effective change of pace? I know Pat Summitt sprung in on some people (Stanford in NC game), and shut some folks down with it. I could really see Tatum running the back line on defense, and with Jurrick in the middle and the long armed wings . . . getting shots against us should be difficult.

* Has anyone seen Hall play? What might we expect?

Go Vols. Go Braves.

we are the worst bunny shooting team ever. Do we not practice short shots>?
Brian Williams missed 2-3 open layups.

and thought a/b the game more. I should not have squarley placed blame on Chism, b/c most of the team played bad and dumb. But Chism was the one that stood out to me in this game. He played well a lot this year and was very improved for most of the year, and if he is willing to play like a C, then hopefully he will come back. So i apologize i was making a post that was stupid and hopefully a mod can erase my mistake. I was very upset and acted like a teenager, so i apologize. Anyway, i'm still disappointed w/ the team played today.

1. Chism, you have lots of talent and i do want you too come back, yet you have to take smarter shots and play like a man inside, both offensively and defensively.

2. Bruce, you have to realize that when you have a huge, huge size advantage, then you shouldn't take 33 three pointers. That isdubm coaching.

3. Guards, take the ball to the hole, good things happenened when the ball was taken to the hole. Don't bail out the other team w/ forced shots outside.

Look, hopefuly they can bounce back from this and ahve a big year, and hopefully Bruce will understand this team needs to take the ball to the hole and now settle.

ANd like i said i apologize for my earlier rant/thread. it was utterly stupid. I was upset at the way the team played.

I also thought 33 threes were clearly too much, but OSU made it very difficult to get the ball inside by sagging off the wing making the pass very difficult to make, and then when we did get the ball to Chism, he was quickly double-teamed. Chism is the worst post player in the country in passing out of a double team. It seems like it is a turnover everytime he is doubled on the post. So, he compensated for that by jacking up threes the rest of the game.

I also thought 33 threes were clearly too much, but OSU made it very difficult to get the ball inside by sagging off the wing making the pass very difficult to make, and then when we did get the ball to Chism, he was quickly double-teamed. Chism is the worst post player in the country in passing out of a double team. It seems like it is a turnover everytime he is doubled on the post. So, he compensated for that by jacking up threes the rest of the game.

Nothing we haven't seen the whole year.

VN Store

Back