I have not heard this spin on rocky top...

Interview them all. Don't assume anything before collecting the information. If Freeze comes across a the best fit for the job, go for it. Stop borrowing worst case scenarios as fact. UT needs a HC who can make us competitive again and brings an exciting brand of football. Freeze did nothing at Ole Miss that Saban doesn't do at Bama with the difference being he didn't have the Bama/ NCAA machine behind him. Fear of the possible is paralyzing and leads to bad decisions.

We are hiring Kevin Malone or Greg Sumpter some come chump coach you have never heard of from Division 3 or the NAIA.

Depends on if they believe a person can change. We don’t deserve him if we do not believe that.
It doesn’t really matter what Tennessee believes. The optics aren’t good. If you fire a coach for cause due to “recruiting improprieties” and seek to negate his buyout because of those violations, and then turn around and hire a coach who lost his last job for the same reasons, then to the NCAA, you don’t look like you learned your lesson as you await the heavy hand of the law to deliver your awaited punishment. And to a court of law, where this buyout/no buyout situation is bound to end up, your termination of Pruitt looks even more like an orchestrated witch-hunt.

This is why when Bruce Pearl was fired, we hired what was perceived to be the anti-Bruce Pearl to replace him in Cuonzo Martin instead of someone like Kelvin Sampson.

Interview them all. Don't assume anything before collecting the information. If Freeze comes across a the best fit for the job, go for it. Stop borrowing worst case scenarios as fact. UT needs a HC who can make us competitive again and brings an exciting brand of football. Freeze did nothing at Ole Miss that Saban doesn't do at Bama with the difference being he didn't have the Bama/ NCAA machine behind him. Fear of the possible is paralyzing and leads to bad decisions.
Why can’t the rest of the narrow minded freeze bashers realize this???

Actually one of the better articles I've seen out in the midst of all this craziness.

Author makes a good point about Steele / Freeze. Does Steele get to be interim for 2021 and once the penalties are announced we talk to Freeze?

Also if Steele rocks out like an Ed Orgeron do we stick with him?

A Gus Malzhan hire right away would be intriguing as well...

Reactions: vegasvolfan
He doesn't meet the standards set yesterday by the UT Chancellor and President.
So you believe what they were saying at a firing press conference? Let me tell you something that everyone would do well to remember, you NEVER know what goes on behind closed doors.

Reactions: Border Vol
Actually one of the better articles I've seen out in the midst of all this craziness.

Author makes a good point about Steele / Freeze. Does Steele get to be interim for 2021 and once the penalties are announced we talk to Freeze?

Also if Steele rocks out like an Ed Orgeron do we stick with him?

A Gus Malzhan hire right away would be intriguing as well...
Steele is the guy you hire to get you through NCAA sanctions. If they give him anything more than an interim tag/one year deal while they conduct a full coaching search, it’s a good sign the sanctions will be pretty rough.

Reactions: IndianaVol
We are in the process of awaiting a beating by the NCAA for recruiting violations. It would be rather stupid to hire a former SEC HC that was fired for severe recruiting violations.
I disagree. Some believe it’s best to fly an airline right after it has a plane that crashes. I’ll fall into that camp for the sake of argument.

Reactions: CSVol
And, essentially, solicitation of prostitution, yes? That’s an actual crime, not just a rules violation.

That could have been the rumor. Tough enough to shuffle through the shinola and sht coming outta Knoxville to worry about Oxford.

He doesn't meet the standards set yesterday by the UT Chancellor and President.
LOL, no one meets the standards expressed yesterday, not even Plowman or Boyd. We are imperfect people who make mistakes. The key is did Freeze learn from his mistakes and would he utilize the UT system to bring in players and compete in a "UT" envelope. There is a difference in "fudging" and ignorant arrogance.

As public as it was, if what he did was a crime, he'd have been charged... Don't you think?

Prosecutorial discretion is a powerful tool. However, I agree the man would have been entitled to the presumption of innocence in court.

... but the hiring process ain’t court.

VN Store

Back