I have my doubts

I wouldn't be excited about any of the coaches you mentioned. Gruden is unproven in college and the other guys are wild cards as well.

Callahan was a great NFL coach and look how he did at NEB.

Look at Pete Carrol, not so great in the NFL and now look at him.

Carrol is arguably the best coach in the nation and he gave Lane full reigns on the entire nation besides Cal. Thats impressive.

Your telling me that Randy Moss, TO,Burress are easier to handle now in the NFL compared to college? Come on man your better than that.

Callahan was NEVER a good Coach!! He made it to the Super Bowl using Gruden's Playbook and the talent Gruden brought in. Hell even the Bucs players said it in interviews, Callahan didn't even change the names of the Audibles.

I agree with your point but that reference irks me as a die hard Vol and Raiders Fan.

Yes I know I should join RA (Raiders Anonymous) but I hope for improvement. Funny thing was Lane Kiffin was moving in the right direction.

I enjoyed the Press Conference and it was weird to see the term "new head coach at Tennessee" because I was too young to remember when Fulmer took over.

But although the idea of having Lane Kiffin who's a young coach with a defensive genius for a father seems good in general I just can't get excited over it.Ever since the news broke that he was our next coach I just can't grasp the idea of Kiffin being able to follow in the footsteps of past UT greats such as Neyland,Majors,and Fulmer.

I previously stated that we shouldn't hire Kiffin because he proved he was one of the worst coaches I've ever seen when it comes to game preparation and because he never showed that "it" factor a coach needs to motivate men.

I don't see how it will translate into the college ranks with young men who are even harder to motivate.But on the contrary I believe his name and somewhat familiarity among young athletes will help him recruit some very good talent to UT.

I'm hoping for the best and I hope one day I can be proud of Kiffin and have faith in him to restore my ego when it comes to college football but until then all I can say is that I miss Phil.

I have no faith in your post. FAIL.

Callahan was NEVER a good Coach!! He made it to the Super Bowl using Gruden's Playbook and the talent Gruden brought in. Hell even the Bucs players said it in interviews, Callahan didn't even change the names of the Audibles.

I agree with your point but that reference irks me as a die hard Vol and Raiders Fan.

Yes I know I should join RA (Raiders Anonymous) but I hope for improvement. Funny thing was Lane Kiffin was moving in the right direction.

Um, Callahan was the OC under Gruden. Who do you think set up the playbooks and audibles?

I was in Arkansas for a game- can't remember what year, mid to late 90s though. We had them beat late in the game and I think he thought we were running up the score. My wife taped the game for me back home. The TV network caught him saying, about our QB "I hope be blows a knee out." Ford denied it and claimed he said "I hope he takes a knee out there" but the tape didn't lie.

Scumbag. Hated him ever since.
I was @ that game & also taped it and watched it....it was Heath Shuler who was the QB and ford did say i hope he blows a knee out....Ford is such a DOUCHE

I enjoyed the Press Conference and it was weird to see the term "new head coach at Tennessee" because I was too young to remember when Fulmer took over.

But although the idea of having Lane Kiffin who's a young coach with a defensive genius for a father seems good in general I just can't get excited over it.Ever since the news broke that he was our next coach I just can't grasp the idea of Kiffin being able to follow in the footsteps of past UT greats such as Neyland,Majors,and Fulmer.

I previously stated that we shouldn't hire Kiffin because he proved he was one of the worst coaches I've ever seen when it comes to game preparation and because he never showed that "it" factor a coach needs to motivate men.

I don't see how it will translate into the college ranks with young men who are even harder to motivate.But on the contrary I believe his name and somewhat familiarity among young athletes will help him recruit some very good talent to UT.

I'm hoping for the best and I hope one day I can be proud of Kiffin and have faith in him to restore my ego when it comes to college football but until then all I can say is that I miss Phil.

No one thought Tee Martin could follow Peyton Manning. He did and did what Peyton never could do - beat Florida and win the National Championship. Kiffen will not only bring the talent to Tennessee but I believe he will make the talent he gets better - something that Phil stopped doing. That is one reason number 21 was introduced today.

In about 2 years, Kiffin will be the new top dog in the SEc. Meyer and Saban will be looking up, wondering what happened.

I am sick of this crap. All I have heard for 3 yrs is how Phil must go. Now we have a new fresh start. A young guy who seems poised to turn this around, and all I hear is bitch bitch bitch. Get over yourselves and give this guy a chance.

VN Store

Back