I guess Saban allowed Emmert to retire

jlbvols

Hopefully Nick won’t be far behind. However I suspect Nick didn’t need him anymore to run interference since NIL has basically put the NCAA out of business.

It would be, but hopefully Arch goes to Texas, the Bama despair would almost be eclipsed by the Georgia gloating if he goes there.

I can’t see Manning at Ga. Smart has proven a couple of things but most is he doesn’t know how to handle a top level QB. I’ve heard he wants to go to Texas but family wants him to play for Saban.

Reactions: The_Big_Orange
I want to puke every time I see a thread with Saban or Kiffin in the title.

There is no question Emmert was Saban's bag boy. Good riddance, don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Our 2023 recruiting class is starting to look really good (fingers crossed, I know its way early). Hoping that bammer is no longer no. 1 in recruiting EVERY SINGLE ****ING YEAR. Will be good for Vols and rest of SEC, and heck, college football in general.

Opinions differ as to whether NIL will level the playing field or do the opposite, but the most credible scenario I have heard is that for schools with the resources, it will improve their lot. In other words, some schools will remain weak, some will get stronger. UT very likely to be in the "stronger" category.

As for the handful of schools currently at the top, being UA, uga, OSU and Clemson, Clemson is thought to perhaps lose the most in the NIL era. I guess we will find out.

My thought is that since UT absolutely has the resources, and has already demonstrated a willingness to use them, NIL is going to be a net plus for us.

I can’t see Manning at Ga. Smart has proven a couple of things but most is he doesn’t know how to handle a top level QB.

This times 1000. No way they let him go to GA who hasn’t churned out a decent qb in years.
It’s Bama or Texas with some future regret over not choosing TN in this young mans future.

VN Store

Back