I feel much better about our defense

BigNasty

After watching just over of quarter of TCU vs Oklahoma. Maybe the worst defense I’ve seen in Power 5. OU just had 3 down lineman and 1 LB in the box on a second a 2. They are beyond terrible.

Too bad we don’t play in that conference and against opponents like that

After watching just over of quarter of TCU vs Oklahoma. Maybe the worst defense I’ve seen in Power 5. OU just had 3 down lineman and 1 LB in the box on a second a 2. They are beyond terrible.
Odd. OK not devoid of talent and Venables is supposed D guru.

Go back and watch some of our defensive sets from the GA St game a few years back. Maybe Venables watched that tape

Reactions: HighWaterVol

Don't gloat, bub. Pride comes before a fall. Just push for our coaches to not exhibit either such a level of stupidity, nor for Heup to repeat his Fulmer tactic again.

Heup should absolutely keep to his tactics. As we are winning and on the rise. Fulmer hate won't be of any consequence. GoVols.

Imo there are some coaches called defensive gurus that just happened to be coaching teams loaded with 4 and 5 star players. Pruitt and now venables.
And then there are people who've coached nothing who happen to think they can coach better than actual coaches who have. I know, it's crazy, but it happens......

I didn't worry about the defense today, they were not on the field, but watching the Alabama offense without number 9 still rolling up Arkansas means a long afternoon in two weeks regardless who their QB is,

Reactions: DougVol
I didn't worry about the defense today, they were not on the field, but watching the Alabama offense without number 9 still rolling up Arkansas means a long afternoon in two weeks regardless who their QB is,
Not making excuses but the Arky D was spent and other than that one run I was not impressed.

Reactions: Coddlecreek1
Clemson, NC State and Missouri. I’d take half their defensive efforts tonight. Super aggressive.

Georgia Tech beat Pitt. Kentucky handled Florida better than we did - in the swamp. Our 2 "big" wins aren't all that impressive.

Georgia Tech beat Pitt. Kentucky handled Florida better than we did - in the swamp. Our 2 "big" wins aren't all that impressive.
Georgia's win over Mizzou wasn't that impressive either. It just shows that any given Saturday a great team can lose. I feel though that our defense is so bad that it puts us at disadvantage when it comes to these top teams.

Reactions: Clad in Big Orange

VN Store

Back