I don't even think we played that well.

Scotty Hopson against Pitt/Nova, Richardson in the NCAAs, Hell we've seen Turner do it last year. To say "have we EVER" shows an enormous lack of history of the program in recent years, let alone all time when we had dudes like Allan Houston, Snow, etc.

As for the third one, Bruce Pearl had more wins against (better) #1 teams here in two years (with MUCH WORSE teams, especially the Kansas situation) than Barnes has had in his career everywhere, not to mention that 95-78 beatdown that he was given by Pearl with a much less talented squad.

From what history has shown us, if you give them the same talent, Pearl will win. That doesn't mean Barnes won't go down better than Pearl here by the end, a huge deep run would do it and with the talent we have coming in next year (and Grant almost assuredly coming back due to his unlikeliness to be drafted on his size) we are very likely to do it this year or next. One final four is all it takes. Until then Pearl is still the king here, and should be. Because what he did then is why Barnes is able to do this now honestly.

Nonsense. Pearl gave up his "king" crown when he allowed his arrogance to screw this program. Until he lost his way, he was one of my all time favorite coaches, but after his final act, I'm glad he's gone. Also, I get that Allan Houston was a "dude," but who is this "dude" named "Snow" you reference? Michelle Snow was far from a "dude," although she was an above-average Lady Vol. I don't know who you are referring to and there are no former Vols with that name. A nickname for someone?

Nonsense. Pearl gave up his "king" crown when he allowed his arrogance to screw this program. Until he lost his way, he was one of my all time favorite coaches, but after his final act, I'm glad he's gone. Also, I get that Allan Houston was a "dude," but who is this "dude" named "Snow" you reference? Michelle Snow was far from a "dude," although she was an above-average Lady Vol. I don't know who you are referring to and there are no former Vols with that name. A nickname for someone?

Snow would have to be John Snow. A really good guard from 1971-74. Might have even been the captain in 73/74. Dude could shoot the ball.

Thanks. Before my time and didn't find him on the lettermen's list I looked at. Obviously not a complete list.

Snow would have to be John Snow. A really good guard from 1971-74. Might have even been the captain in 73/74. Dude could shoot the ball.
I know for a fact, Jon Snow was the 998th Captain/leader of the Night's Watch. Baller, who could shoot the longbow, crossbow and would drive his sword, "Longclaw" straight to the hole

VN Store

Back