I didn't realize it was this bad...

UF was on probation in both '85 and '90. UF actually won the SEC in '90 with a 6-1 record compared to UT's 5-1-1 record.
We beat Florida 45-3 in 1990 so I don't feel guilty about claiming that one. Again, they were also ineligible due to cheating.

And for all the talent that Georgia has had the last 40 years they have won just 3 SEC titles since 1985 2 less than us.
They've won 7 since 1970 to our 5. Georgia really hasn't had "all that talent" until Kirby came. I saw the figure yesterday that Kirby's 5 recruiting classes have averaged 2.8, Richt's last 5 averaged 8.3 which is an average not greatly less or more than all the other SEC powers during his tenure save Saban at Bama and Meyer at Florida. Kirby's recruits are only now maturing, if they haven't won the SEC again in the next 5 years or so, at that point I'd be surprised.

Last edited:
They're won 7 since 1970 to our 5. Georgia really hasn't had "all that talent" until Kirby came. I saw the figure yesterday that Kirby's 5 recruiting classes have averaged 2.8, Richt's last 5 averaged 8.3 which is an average not greatly less or more than all the other SEC powers during his tenure save Saban at Bama and Meyer at Florida. Kirby's recruits are only now maturing, if they haven't won the SEC again in the next 5 years or so, at that point I'd be surprised.
Yea I agree we are currently tied with them for second place for SEC titles behind Bama with 13 they have won three since we won our last one in 1998. They will move past us either this season or next just a matter of time unfortunately since it don’t like we are winning another SEC title anytime soon sadly

SEC's past 3 years (2019, 2020, 2021) total NFL Draft picks:

Bama: 29
LSU: 24
Georgia: 23
Florida: 19
Auburn: 15
Texas AM: 13
Kentucky: 13
Miss State: 12
South Carolina: 11
Missouri: 10
Ole Miss: 8
Arkansas: 6
Vanderbilt: 4
Tennessee: 4

-Finished, edited through Round 7
WOW i'm totally shocked!

Shocked-1.gif

My perspective is that Heupel needs time, 5 years at least, we've got to break the cycle of the coach being on the hot seat by year 3, which is where I think we are heading if people honestly believe this 3-7 team that lost most of it's best players and a recruiting class that also lost most of it's higher rated players is going to win 7, 8, 9 games. Maybe I'm wrong but with the looming sanctions hanging over our heads I suspect it'll be at least year 3 before Heupel is on a recruiting field that is even level with the one Pruitt and Butch inherited on day 1. So if we go 6-6 I think that'll be a great season imo. We just can't take anybody for granted. Anything over 6 wins would be gravy in my book.
A "five year plan." Just like the 5-year plans of the old USSR; do you know how they turned out?.........

This 👆🏻 all day long!

Had it not been for Majors, we very well may have never been at that high of a level.

Fulmer rode his and the program coattails until the other programs caught up with coaches, and in facilities.

Had Kiffin stayed we would have been much better. I don’t know if we would have been elite as Bama and Clemson but top 10. He had the coaches in place and proved the ability to get the top recruits.

Disagree. Had Kiffin stayed, we’d likely be in the same situation we are now - about to get hammered by the NCAA. There were all kinds of shenanigans going on because Kiffin was so immature at the time he got the UT job.

The recruiting ranking are either BS or the coaching has been God awful. Or both.

Now line up the draft picks with the class rankings from 3-4 years prior and you’ll see attrition and lack of player development have killed this team. Yet every year you’ll get people that don’t understand why we get blown out by Bama, UGA, and UF.

The recruiting ratings aren’t near as different. That means the culture and program from Jones/Pruitt was beyond terrible.

That says it all

A "five year plan." Just like the 5-year plans of the old USSR; do you know how they turned out?.........
It'll probably take more like 7 if that will make you feel better. The threat of sanctions is killing us in recruiting, until they are over Heupel is not in the same position the previous coaches were on the day they took the job.

How is an NFL team taking some undrafted players who were poorly developed at UT, and turning them into NFL players, a good thing for UT?

Again...UT has been a place where talent goes unnoticed and undeveloped.

The fact that NFL teams can take undrafted talent and make productive NFL players out of them magnifies the issue isn’t the players here, it the sorry ass coaching that WAS here.

The recruiting ranking are either BS or the coaching has been God awful. Or both.

The rankings aren't garbage when they rate Bama, OSU, and Clemson. They are seemingly only garbage when they rate UT. I think they are assuming UT will coach the talent they have. Oddly, that hasn't happened for a while at UT.

Reactions: onthehill71
While you're at it Mr Negative...
Did you know that 6 Vols in that span that weren't drafted are now starters solid NFL Contributors?
Tuttle (Saints) - Starter
Phillips (Jets) Rotation starter
Bituli (Panthers) rotation
Callaway (Saints) rotation
J Johnson )Pats) rotation
Warrior (Ravens) 3rd

by Tennessee standards that is still not good enough. But the reality is Vols are still getting into the NFL.
Tennessee is down. Why do YOU go out of your way to make it seem worst than it is??
What satisfaction do you get from that???!

2018 class Alone (7 players) (yeah I noticed you left them out for some "reason")
- John Kelly (Rams) active roster
- Gaulden (Panthers) backup
- Vickers (Raiders) backup
- Mosley (49ers) rotation starter
- E Wolfe (Saints) backup
- K Mac (Bengals) Backup
- AJ Johnson ( Broncos) Starter

So counting Jennings- The Tennessee Volunteers have put 14 players in the NFL the past 4 years so far...

Just another indictment on how piss poor a job Pruitt and his staff did on player development.

Does this include any female kickers drafted?

Last edited:

to top it all off, putting those young Trevor pictures w/ UT garb at Knoxville, w/ Peyton's number was just a knife to the heart

Reactions: Catbone
The recruiting ratings aren’t near as different. That means the culture and program from Jones/Pruitt was beyond terrible.
Exactly. Zero player development and that, unfortunately, is going to impact this year. Granted, it should already be getting better but it won’t be fixed in one spring. We should still be able to go at least 6-6 against that schedule but it won’t be easy. However, what I believe will help is he will no longer be offensive crippled by Pruitt. The lack of scoring allowed lesser talented teams to hang around and gain confidence. Hopefully we won’t have as many issues there now.

Reactions: wmcovol

VN Store

Back