I bet if you ask Arizona and Virginia…

I’m happy that we won and again, it’s survive and advance in March. My hope was that we would figure some things out before this game and:
1. limit the turnovers
2. a better offensive scheme to limit droughts
3. improve foul shooting
4. Santi staying out of foul trouble

We had a couple of nice runs but overall, the team didn’t improve; so it is what it is this time of yr. Hopefully we will find a way to play our best game of the yr Saturday Vs Duke.
I agree on all, esp offensive scheme. HATE when we do two things...come down the floor w/o any passes and airmail a 3-attempt...and pass the ball around the perimeter until 4 secs on shot clock and shoot a poorly conceived shot. You look at even a team like Princeton yesterday...their ball movement was impressive. Each possession had a purpose. Seems like we've got too much isolation/guys standing around waiting for someone to go make a shot. Really liked how Mashack would drive into the paint for open mid range jumpers... too little of that stuff.

Reactions: vol94
There was no try, it was a question.
If you want to get technical about it, Zakai had one TO in that Arkansas game so that’s 48 TO in 4 games which comes out to 12 TO/gm even. The season average is 12.1. People need to stop trying to come up with false narratives. We aren’t getting blown out. The only game we have been blown out in was Colorado and that was 4 months ago.

Reactions: feathersax
If you want to get technical about it, Zakai had one TO in that Arkansas game so that’s 48 TO in 4 games which comes out to 12 TO/gm even. The season average is 12.1. People need to stop trying to come up with false narratives. We aren’t getting blown out. The only game we have been blown out in was Colorado and that was 4 months ago.

I don’t have a narrative. This team can get blown out, that is a possibility. They have not played well down the stretch, they are always capable of going cold offensively, and the competition is rising. Add to that losing ZZ is a big deal in and of itself, he is a great defender. And at this point another great defender, JP, you can hardly afford to have on the floor due to the lack of any offense from him.

A 12 point loss was a blow out but the 13 point loss and the other 12 point loss weren’t?

I don’t have a narrative. This team can get blown out, that is a possibility. They have not played well down the stretch, they are always capable of going cold offensively, and the competition is rising. Add to that losing ZZ is a big deal in and of itself, he is a great defender. And at this point another great defender, JP, you can hardly afford to have on the floor due to the lack of any offense from him.
Nobody is disputing that losing a leader is a big deal but it’s not the end of the world. Any team CAN get blown out. I’m saying this team won’t get blown out. It only happened 1 out of 34 games this season. Dook has been blown out 3 times by comparison. I’ll take my chances with our boys. You can count them out if you like, but that’s not me. We might very well lose but it’s not going to be a blow out.

There sure has been a lot of complaining this year over a team that wasn’t blown out in a single game. I wonder if losing by 13 as the biggest margin all year is a record? Bruce’s 31-5 team lost 2x by 19.
I’m not sure if it is a record or not. Possibly could be. The 73-win Warriors lost a game by 32 points and 4 games by 17+. Can happen to anybody but our boys have only had it happen once.

Nobody is disputing that losing a leader is a big deal but it’s not the end of the world. Any team CAN get blown out. I’m saying this team won’t get blown out. It only happened 1 out of 34 games this season. Dook has been blown out 3 times by comparison. I’ll take my chances with our boys. You can count them out if you like, but that’s not me. We might very well lose but it’s not going to be a blow out.

I’ll be happy to be wrong.

Well more like I will be happy if we win. Losing close or by a blowout really means nothing different.

I’ll be happy to be wrong.

Well more like I will be happy if we win. Losing close or by a blowout really means nothing different.
Everyone was wrong about Arizona so anything can happen. Dook is favored by -3.5 so we aren’t suppose to win anyways. Just enjoy the game and whatever happens, happens.

Reactions: TennVols12
But there sure are a lot of mad “fans” because TN only had a one possession win last night instead of blowing out ULL.

Mad? Idk, hadn’t read that many responses.

I was disappointed. After the first 5 minutes my opinion was we were a much better team. Our D was fine, the one guy got hot for a few minutes. To me it was our offense, thought we should have scored around 70. But offense is always the issue this season.

Mad? Idk, hadn’t read that many responses.

I was disappointed. After the first 5 minutes my opinion was we were a much better team. Our D was fine, the one guy got hot for a few minutes. To me it was our offense, thought we should have scored around 70. But offense is always the issue this season.

It isn’t just posters. I don’t think I’ve EVER heard so many toxic takes on the call in shows after an NCAAT invite and win.

Reactions: VolPack22
It isn’t just posters. I don’t think I’ve EVER heard so many toxic takes on the call in shows after an NCAAT invite and win.

Ok. I didn’t listen to any. It is hard for me to justify being too disappointed in whatever happens. The PG position is so valuable.

Hey guys. Good game. Sucks that the Cajuns couldn’t show you what kinda team we really are. You only saw flashes of it in the second half. Our second leading scorer Greg Williams Jr. disappeared in this game and the Sun Belt Champ game. Apparently he’s dealing with turf toe but who doesn’t have injuries this time of year, no excuses.

Simply put, just as frustrated as y’all are with your turnovers, we are equally frustrated with our complete offensive ineptitude in the first half! I’m glad we at least fought back and showed some grit to make it a close game. But, we are much better than we showed tonight on offense.

Go beat Duke. Y’all got that.
I appreciate the info you brought pregame and the class you have shown. Cajuns played their ass off and congrats on a great season. Thanks to you, I have a new favorite SunBelt team, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

VN Store

Back