I believe Jeremy Banks is coming back..

If he ever ends up in law enforcement, it would be karmic greatness!
I'd like to see him change to the point he becomes the public speaker for an anti Racial Bigot group! What a 180% TURN that would be...we can only hope the hate and Racial
Bigotry in his heart and actions have been put behind him.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I'd like to see him change to the point he becomes the public speaker for an anti Racial Bigot group! What a 180% TURN that would be...we can only hope the hate and Racial
Bigotry in his heart and actions have been put behind him.
You’re goofy. Yelling “racial bigot” in a room over and over again doesn’t establish a point...it makes you a clown.

You guys being smarta$$e$... please stop.

I hope his failure can be turned into a positive. Guys like him are heroes to a lot people and particularly kids where he comes from. If he goes from disrespecting the police to showing and preaching respect for them... this has the potential to positively change a community.
More good posting that will fall on deaf ears. Que the resident racists bigot comments.

More good posting that will fall on deaf ears. Que the resident racists bigot comments.
I don't know if they're necessarily racists or bigots. I am only certain of one racist here... a worshiper of a particular player.

I just think they have a Pharisee attitude that is neither merciful OR even just. They think they're establishing an objective line of discipline... but at the heart of discipline is the disciples. Are you trying to create a team of great human beings or are you just trying to have tough rules?

If they gave Banks a path back that was difficult and mind-opening and keep him on a very short leash then I don't think that tempts future players to do similar things. In fact, I think it puts someone on the team with the wisdom to tell them not to do it.

I am assuming that many of the "pro banks" crowd here, haven't taken the time to actually watch and listen to the all the audio and video. They are just ignorant of the facts. I'm sure once they have actually watched and listened to these videos-with audio, they will be shocked at the Racial Bigotry/Sexual innuendo spouted by banks. banks said, "Miss blondie you don't like black men. cause white men can't handle you like black men." One day after MLK day, it is a shame I even have to point out- this is Hate speech. Some of the more ignorant wouldn't have a problem calling this racial bigotry if the colors of the people were reversed, or their sexes etc.. There is no place at UT for this type of hate, nor is there for those that turn a blind eye to it, or support it.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I am assuming that many of the "pro banks" crowd here, haven't taken the time to actually watch and listen to the all the audio and video. They are just ignorant of the facts. I'm sure once they have actually watched and listened to these videos-with audio, they will be shocked at the Racial Bigotry/Sexual innuendo spouted by banks. banks said, "Miss blondie you don't like black men. cause white men can't handle you like black men." One day after MLK day, it is a shame I even have to point out- this is Hate speech. Some of the more ignorant wouldn't have a problem calling this racial bigotry if the colors of the people were reversed, or their sexes etc.. There is no place at UT for this type of hate, nor is there for those that turn a blind eye to it, or support it.

Or here is a wild idea, many of the anti banks crowd here is trying to force themselves into a situation that has zero to do with them.

In fact, the only opinions and comments that matter here are Banks, Pruitt, Fulmer, the arresting officers, and the judge......

Unless you can definitively say you are one of those people, your assumption of "people want Banks back are racists and ignorant" literally mean jack didily squat.

I think what he did was terrible. If Pruitt thinks he deserves another chance I'm not gonna cry and moan about it and act like I'm better than everyone that disagrees.

The hate you spew in this post is ironic.

Last edited:
I think what he did was terrible. If Pruitt thinks he deserves another chance I'm not gonna cry and moan about it and act like I'm better than everyone that disagrees.

You're hate in this post is ironic.
You are hate? I don't feel like hate. Of course those faced with the actual quotes, and having access to the actual audio/videos, don't want to talk about hate speech, racial bigotry, or the sexual innuendo-turning a blind eye to this is Hate. To say "you are hate in this post" is ridiculous, and keeps you from actually addressing the hate spewed by banks....not even a good try.

Or here is a wild idea, many of the anti banks crowd here is trying to force themselves into a situation that has zero to do with them.

In fact, the only opinions and comments that matter here are Banks, Pruitt, Fulmer, the arresting officers, and the judge......

Unless you can definitively say you are one of those people, your assumption of "people want Banks back are racists and ignorant" literally mean jack didily squat.
What is really sad, the ignorant, that refuse to address the racial bigotry from banks, are just turning a blind eye to this type of thing-they are enablers-at the very least.
According to your statement, unless you are Pruitt/banks/fulmer/arresting officers or the judge, you shouldn't have an opinion, which are you?

What is really sad, the ignorant, that refuse to address the racial bigotry from banks, are just turning a blind eye to this type of thing-they are enablers-at the very least.

I don't care what you have to say because of what I previously said. Unless you are directly involved in the arrest, your words means absolutely zilch.

You literally have nothing of value to say on this because your bigotry.

Keep moving, boomer.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and Behr
You are hate? I don't feel like hate. Of course those faced with the actual quotes, and having access to the actual audio/videos, don't want to talk about hate speech, racial bigotry, or the sexual innuendo-turning a blind eye to this is Hate. To say "you are hate in this post" is ridiculous, and keeps you from actually addressing the hate spewed by banks....not even a good try.
My phone did that but it works either way.

Young man said some really bad and stupid things and you want to ruin his life over it. I'm thankful that neither one of us have a say in it.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Yes. Many of us are aware that he said and did things that are completely unacceptable. Where we differ from you is in the idea that the only way much less the best way to deal with the situation is to kick him off the team and reinforce those very fears and attitudes that he expressed.

Some of us see something other than a "death sentence" being more appropriate both for the establishment of discipline and justice.

The questions I have but must leave in the hands of UT and the justice system are whether he has demonstrated genuine contrition, changed his attitude, paid an equitable penalty, and poses a risk of doing something like that again.

Maybe you are just a better person than the rest of us... perhaps you've never been in a position to receive a measure of mercy when you deserved worse. Maybe you've never had a punishment that was greater than the offence... Some of us have.

Reactions: Volfansince1980
Yes. Many of us are aware that he said and did things that are completely unacceptable. Where we differ from you is in the idea that the only way much less the best way to deal with the situation is to kick him off the team and reinforce those very fears and attitudes that he expressed.

Some of us see something other than a "death sentence" being more appropriate both for the establishment of discipline and justice.

The questions I have but must leave in the hands of UT and the justice system are whether he has demonstrated genuine contrition, changed his attitude, paid an equitable penalty, and poses a risk of doing something like that again.

Maybe you are just a better person than the rest of us... perhaps you've never been in a position to receive a measure of mercy when you deserved worse. Maybe you've never had a punishment that was greater than the offence... Some of us have.
Actually, the refusal of so many to even acknowledge the Racial Bigotry is sad, they don't even use the term! When one read the posts, they seem to want to concentrate on "we shoot at cops", and call it "a mistake" and say haven't you ever said things you've regretted? etc. etc., but they are careful not to bring up the Racial Bigotry. In fact, at least one ignorant poster (I say ignorant, because I'm sure he isn't aware of the racial/sexual comments made by banks) appears to take offence to anyone pointing this out. If one wants mercy, forgiveness, etc. shouldn't they, at the very least, say what for? Ignoring racial bigotry (from banks or anyone else) is enabling this type of conduct-it equals hate. You seem fearful to even acknowledging the racial bigotry. I'm sure you are a very forgiving person, and have often forgiven those that spew racial bigotry-this isn't your first time, and I'm sure it won't be your last-you are just a great person.

My phone did that but it works either way.

Young man said some really bad and stupid things and you want to ruin his life over it. I'm thankful that neither one of us have a say in it.
Actually I hope he changes in his heart and in his actions. "Ruin his life", I hope he plays ball, and does well, in another school-out of Tennessee, he has done enough damage to UT's reputation at this point.

VN Store

Back