I believe Jeremy Banks is coming back..

My concern is the mindset behind what he said while he was in the back of that police car. He can say what he wants now, and maybe he has in fact had a change of heart. If so, then he deserves another chance.

But like my old Grandpa said...zebra can't change its' stripes. I have my concerns that Jeremy is doing what he has to do to get back on the field, and then to the NFL.

If it's the latter, I'd rather him do it elsewhere. Later on, when he makes the news again (in a bad light), I'd rather it not be associated with UT Football.

Go Vols.
The other side is he could straighten himself up, learn his lesson, come back strong, contribute to the team, and be the feel good success story of the year. Who knows.

I have mixed feelings, but I understand both sides of this debate.
As a Dad, I’ve mellowed some. Kids can challenge your beliefs. Maybe God was trying to teach me some lessons.

He shouldn’t have been kicked off the team in the first place.
And It’s not like any of those donut eating mouth breathers that threatened to ban the Vols have ever stepped foot in a classroom on campus or have the income to make any noticible blimp to UT’s bottom line in any area other than weiner sales.
A little harsh isn't it?

And It’s not like any of those donut eating mouth breathers that threatened to ban the Vols have ever stepped foot in a classroom on campus or have the income to make any noticible blimp to UT’s bottom line in any area other than weiner sales.

There was also the girl friend deal. If you ever need police assistance you might not want to tell them all this.

Best and truest post in many moons!

Reactions: Lane Train 4
I hope he EARNS a second chance, not just for the football aspect but for his own development as a person. It's my understanding that to do so he must first be reinstated by the student honor council to an active student status.

I hope if he DOES earn a second chance, then people will give him a second chance!

Of course he's coming back. Everyone has seen highlights of the "Jeremy Banks Redemption Story", directed by Jeremy Pruitt, produced by Phillip Fulmer and narrated by the University Of Tennessee lol.

I would really like to see him at tailback if they could work out the ball security issues. He ran very hard but sometimes forgot to take the football with him.

Talented player. Reinstate him and he will be second team immediately. Ban him from the woman he fought with and move on. Banks deserves another shot and as a redshirt sophomore is quite an addition to the squad.

I don’t understand why fans keep speculating about this. He did very very little as a player here. Not like he was some star that we all wanted back...a la Jennings.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
2019 regular season: Total games each Tennessee player appeared in

I hadn’t considered this, but according to the article, Banks only played in four games this year. Obviously, his dismissal occurred quite rapidly after another incident occurred, but I also find it too convenient that it did so right at the four games played mark.

In the interim, Banks has clearly been working to rebuild his reputation and has maintained contact with Volnation through social media.

I believe he’s coming back next year. And hopefully he will have learned his lesson and make the most of his opportunity.
What exactly has he done? All I saw was a save face picture and a couple of social media posts where he references God like he's some born again Christian. Talk is cheap, people act like social media apologies warrant as doing something these days. Did he take an anger management class, or perhaps volunteer for some type of community service (he does want to be Tennessee Volunteer after all), go visit kids in the hospital? Anything like that?

Last edited:
If he's gonna help the team idgaf.

I could give two ***** less about Pruitt's "image" if it helps the team.

You obviously don't care about Character . Just win huh? Maybe we can get some players from the Early release program too. No Thank You! I want good Citizens representing My School. Sorry if that Offends Thee.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
What doesn't make sense about it? Have you ever heard about a coach kicking a player off a team and bringing him back? If you're going to give him a chance to come back, why not just suspend him?

What Banks did is Reprehensible. Not your ordinary got caught with weed deal or failure to attend class. HE THREATENED THE LAW. Get outta here with that BS.

You guys want the guy who threatened to kill a cop back on the team? Yet we talk down on Auburn? um......

Reactions: FLVOL_79
What Banks did is Reprehensible. Not your ordinary got caught with weed deal or failure to attend class. HE THREATENED THE LAW. Get outta here with that BS.
..and showed physical abuse in anger towards a female. I will never support a person no matter how many apologies they give and definetly not beacuse they have talent at a sport. They have to show me they are bettering themselves without words. Too many of these kids get a pass because of their abilities. Like that one guy recently from the Dolphins who had a list as long as my arm of offenses yet once he srewed up at on team he got hired somewhere else. It boggle me someone would hire him. I mean evading police, possesion of illegal firearms, battery. Yeah, you get a pass cuz you can run.

Last edited:
This guys threatened to Kill a cop on Camera, you want to bring him back? yet make fun of Auburn?

VN Store

Back