I believe Jeremy Banks is coming back..

My nephew slapped the phone out of his sisters hand the other day. Before his tyranny could be stopped he also slapped a visor off her head by flicking the bill of the hat.

He should get jail time.
His parents should give him another chance, but with another relative hopefully on the other side of the country. 😒

My nephew slapped the phone out of his sisters hand the other day. Before his tyranny could be stopped he also slapped a visor off her head by flicking the bill of the hat.

He should get jail time.
Bah!

In my day as a GenX'r we didn't have these little girly 3"x5" index card phones.

Phone fights were serious business. You could get your head cracked open with the 6"×10" 3LB brick phone or choked out with the cord.
Serious, serious business.
Potential to be ground 1-2weeks.

My brother and I stabbed each other with forks on multiple occasions. 7 year difference and he had me by 80-100lbs every day of my life. We grew up at some point and just would fist fight. Then we really grew up and stopped all together. Point being we grew up in increments.lol

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I think one of the reasons that former players LOVE Pruitt (besides the fact that he got a lot of them ready for the big show) is that he seems like a no-nonsense tough guy but who will be fair with you if you do the work asked of you. That goes for guys like Banks as well. Lets face it, there a lot of these punks who grow up on the wrong side of the tracks with bad influences, making stupid decisions. But unlike many others, they have the talent to rise above their beginnings - but most still have the "street" cling to them. Pruitt seems to be the type, as evidenced by JJ, that thinks its better to keep them close and impose severe discipline than to just kick them to the curb.

Pruitt believes that guys can be turned around - I mean look at this season. After game 2, pretty much ALL of VN had written off Pruitt and the whole team but not CJP. Countless players said that Pruitt was continuing to encourage them and extol them to play to their full - at the same time he was grabbing facemasks and jerseys on the field and letting them know when he was not happy. THATS how you make a difference in these young men's lives. So many have not had good male role models. That is not an excuse for their bad choices but it does show a way forward for some of them who can take advantage of it.

Instead of kicking them away like so many do, Pruitt seems more like the old school coach who keeps you on the team so that he can have you run the bleachers every day till you feel like dying. It takes time for a culture of discipline to leave its mark. By all accounts, that culture was sorely missing under Butch and it showed. For a lot of these guys, Pruitt and some of the coaches are the fathers they never had. I will bet that is why Pruitt also recruits far above his weight so to speak.

I think one of the reasons that former players LOVE Pruitt (besides the fact that he got a lot of them ready for the big show) is that he seems like a no-nonsense tough guy but who will be fair with you if you do the work asked of you. That goes for guys like Banks as well. Lets face it, there a lot of these punks who grow up on the wrong side of the tracks with bad influences, making stupid decisions. But unlike many others, they have the talent to rise above their beginnings - but most still have the "street" cling to them. Pruitt seems to be the type, as evidenced by JJ, that thinks its better to keep them close and impose severe discipline than to just kick them to the curb.

Pruitt believes that guys can be turned around - I mean look at this season. After game 2, pretty much ALL of VN had written off Pruitt and the whole team but not CJP. Countless players said that Pruitt was continuing to encourage them and extol them to play to their full - at the same time he was grabbing facemasks and jerseys on the field and letting them know when he was not happy. THATS how you make a difference in these young men's lives. So many have not had good male role models. That is not an excuse for their bad choices but it does show a way forward for some of them who can take advantage of it.

Instead of kicking them away like so many do, Pruitt seems more like the old school coach who keeps you on the team so that he can have you run the bleachers every day till you feel like dying. It takes time for a culture of discipline to leave its mark. By all accounts, that culture was sorely missing under Butch and it showed. For a lot of these guys, Pruitt and some of the coaches are the fathers they never had. I will bet that is why Pruitt also recruits far above his weight so to speak.

The most impressed I was with CJP was when he grabbed #12 (not looking up proper spelling) by the jersey and drug him back to the sideline. 12 had just made a dumb penalty on a late hit. It was all over his face that he didn’t like being in trouble. By the time CJP had stopped yelling and let go #12 was fired up and nodding along. Go watch the video, it’s actually impressive. 12 goes back in a play later and is all over the field.

That’s called coaching.

Edit: Shamburger. It finally came to me. It sucks to be old

The most impressed I was with CJP was when he grabbed #12 (not looking up proper spelling) by the jersey and drug him back to the sideline. 12 had just made a dumb penalty on a late hit. It was all over his face that he didn’t like being in trouble. By the time CJP had stopped yelling and let go #12 was fired up and nodding along. Go watch the video, it’s actually impressive. 12 goes back in a play later and is all over the field.

That’s called coaching.

Edit: Shamburger. It finally came to me. It sucks to be old
That’s how I took it too. He’s a coach and the players know it

Back on topic people!!!

This thread is now about where he fits in the 2 deep

I don't know where he will fit in, but I do believe he would make a good durable LB. I have always liked a converted RB to LB which was common under Coach Fulmer. I think the regular beatings a RB takes toughens him up which creates a very durable defensive player.

Personally, I have always felt there was more pain in absorbing a hit than administering a hit.

Reactions: orange parmejohn
SIAP

I notice an "A" in Criminology - Strong move lol
tenor.gif

My brother and I stabbed each other with forks on multiple occasions. 7 year difference and he had me by 80-100lbs every day of my life. We grew up at some point and just would fist fight. Then we really grew up and stopped all together. Point being we grew up in increments.lol
My bro stabbed me through the arm with a screwdriver. I got in trouble for it.

It was a Phillips head.

My bro stabbed me through the arm with a screwdriver. I got in trouble for it.

It was a Phillips head.
Lol. It was funny I still remember taking a bite of Mc and cheese and he popped the fork. Which made it rake my gums. My mom was standing there and I stabbed him in the thigh it stuck up he then stabbed me in the arm and it hung there my mom without looking up said quit fighting lol. Walked the potatoes to the table and saw it. Her jaw dropped. That was the first time

I don't want anyone to mistake how I feel about this.

I personally think what he did was worse than what some here think. It really does bother me that he said all that crap about shooting cops. I hate the little jacklegs attitude from the videos and if Pruitt decided to not let him back, I'd be 100% behind him.

That said, I still don't know how good of a coach Pruitt is but I like him and I trust him to do what he thinks is best, for all involved and if he allows Banks back, I'm behind him 100% on that too.

These people that don't know everything Pruitt does that think they know best and have the balls to tell me what Im feeling by saying I just feel this way because hes a good football player.....are the ones up on a friggin high horse. Its laughable.
This goes for me also and I would add that improving a kids life and making noticeable changes is more rewarding than either of you two boneheads (yeah you know who you are) can ever realize. You change Jeremy and we become the spot for kids out of Memphis to learn how to function in society and CJP will be the guy that helps instead of the guy that passes the buck.

Reactions: Behr
First time in this thread. I thought I was coming to read where the kid might fit in the 2 deep. <- Is there a thread for that? 😏

Sure.
This one.
where do you think he’ll fit?
I want to see our best RPO QB in with platooning 2 RB's and run the damn VEER. Run that SOB right down errybody's throats. We could use someone with a mean streak in the rotation.

VN Store

Back